About those battery chargers...

2»

Comments

• Alex_INFERNOAlex_INFERNO Russia, Moscow Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214036Members
    edited May 2016
    I dont understand - HOW to create a Mark 2 seamoth compensator? I'm allways find Mark1 in Aurora. In menu of upgrade console present only mark1 position. Ok, I've try to CREATE MY OWN Mark 1. Now I have 2 compensator Mark 1. Mark 2 still no appear in that menu. Whats wrong?
  • starkaosstarkaos Join Date: 2016-03-31 Member: 215139Members
    The upgrade module in the Aurora is completely different from Seamoth or Cyclops Pressure Compensators. The upgrade module in the Aurora is a Power Efficiency module and has no additional upgrades. Both the Cyclops and Seamoth Pressure Compensator Mk II currently need to be built using a Modification Station according to the Subnautica wiki.

• Alex_INFERNOAlex_INFERNO Russia, Moscow Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214036Members
    starkaos wrote: »
    The upgrade module in the Aurora is completely different from Seamoth or Cyclops Pressure Compensators. The upgrade module in the Aurora is a Power Efficiency module and has no additional upgrades. Both the Cyclops and Seamoth Pressure Compensator Mk II currently need to be built using a Modification Station according to the Subnautica wiki.

As I see You miss another panel with SEAMOTH upgrade module inside Aurora (not in reactor room)
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    @Alex_INFERNO You need the mod station AND the seamoth upgrade console to unlock the MK 2+3 on the mod station.
  • NamelessChaosNamelessChaos Germany Join Date: 2016-02-17 Member: 213158Members
    edited May 2016

try entering the aurora from front, not the side hole. If you still miss mark 1 you have tomatoe eyes ;P
    As for Alex, you didn`t check your Modding station lately, hm?

Edit: And before you come up with similar Questions for the Cyclops, build a Fabricator on it AND check the Modding station. But don`t be irritated the C-upgrade is bugged right now, m-s won`t allow you to upgrade it. :P
    edited May 2016
    zetachron wrote: »
    @Alex_INFERNO You need the mod station AND the seamoth upgrade console to unlock the MK 2+3 on the mod station.

mod station and seamoth upgrade console - is it not the same object? I thought before that this is that device which placed into moonpool... ?

P.S. oh i see... problem is in different localization... I understand
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    The mod station was for std upgrades like ultraglide fins and others and got expanded with seamoth and cyclops pressure/hull upgrades. The console at the moonpool now only creates the first upgrade. But in order for the upgrades to appear at the mod station, you have to have unlocked the console recipe.
    edited May 2016

try entering the aurora from front, not the side hole. If you still miss mark 1 you have tomatoe eyes ;P

Must have been added recently. Didn't see anything about it on the Subnautica wiki. To get the Seamoth Pressure Compensator from the Aurora, you go through the side hole and past the Generator Room. It is just before the "balcony" with the Cave Crawlers and Supply Crates. It might be possible going through the front, but not everyone is Parkour experts.

Although, it is a way to save some time by not needing to immediately look for the Moonpool fragments and Seamoth Modification Station fragments and building the Moon Pool, Seamoth Modification Station, and Seamoth Pressure Compensator Mk I until a player's resources are satisfactory. It is possible that upgrades will be available at the various mission areas instead of requiring us to grind for the various materials. Go to the Aurora to get Pressure Compensator Mk I. Equip that upgrade and go to the Jelly Shroom Cave Base to get the Pressure Compensator Mk II. Equip that upgrade to go to the next base to get the Pressure Compensator Mk III. Equip that upgrade and you can go to the next base.
    @zetachron Thank you pal, i've find it at last. After upgrade fins, oxigen tank and knife i've already forget about that device...
    Devs, I like that idea about searching upgrades in wreck's consoles ... meanwile too many of it in wrecks i've seen, let's its 'working' for game... what do you think?
  • NamelessChaosNamelessChaos Germany Join Date: 2016-02-17 Member: 213158Members

Must have been added recently. Didn't see anything about it on the Subnautica wiki. To get the Seamoth Pressure Compensator from the Aurora, you go through the side hole and past the Generator Room. It is just before the "balcony" with the Cave Crawlers and Supply Crates. It might be possible going through the front, but not everyone is Parkour experts.

Although, it is a way to save some time by not needing to immediately look for the Moonpool fragments and Seamoth Modification Station fragments and building the Moon Pool, Seamoth Modification Station, and Seamoth Pressure Compensator Mk I until a player's resources are satisfactory. It is possible that upgrades will be available at the various mission areas instead of requiring us to grind for the various materials. Go to the Aurora to get Pressure Compensator Mk I. Equip that upgrade and go to the Jelly Shroom Cave Base to get the Pressure Compensator Mk II. Equip that upgrade to go to the next base to get the Pressure Compensator Mk III. Equip that upgrade and you can go to the next base.

Hm, I just don`t sneak into my old ship. Going front often gives ya 1-2 signals from chests too. There are quite many ingame now, got about 10. Btw: not much parcour there.
    @zetachron Thank you pal, i've find it at last. After upgrade fins, oxigen tank and knife i've already forget about that device...
    Devs, I like that idea about searching upgrades in wreck's consoles ... meanwile too many of it in wrecks i've seen, let's its 'working' for game... what do you think?

The Modification Station seems more like a temporary location for the Pressure Compensators since they don't really fit there. So don't be surprised if you have to hunt for them again in a couple of months.
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members

The Modification Station seems more like a temporary location for the Pressure Compensators since they don't really fit there. So don't be surprised if you have to hunt for them again in a couple of months.

They might add a cyclops module fabricator alongside a cyclops dock.

The devs plan to add more upgrades to the Cyclops and they have talked about adding a Docking station as well. Although, the Docking station seems to lose a lot of its use with the Power Cell charger, but more options are always better and it gives a way to get into our Cyclops from our bases without going outside.
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members

The devs plan to add more upgrades to the Cyclops and they have talked about adding a Docking station as well. Although, the Docking station seems to lose a lot of its use with the Power Cell charger, but more options are always better and it gives a way to get into our Cyclops from our bases without going outside.

They might make heavy tools that require power cells to run.
    edited May 2016

Why doesn`t that fit? oO You MOD an existing/crafted piece of your tech there.

Why doesn`t that fit? oO You MOD and existing/crafted piece of your tech there.

The Modification Station is about upgrading equipment not upgrade modules. Besides, it is just easier to use the Moon Pool Fabricator or Cyclops Fabricator to upgrade an upgrade module than finding where you stashed the Modification Station.
    edited May 2016
    Lol, like a fabricator, I made a m-s on my cyclops too. You`ll never know what they change/add and may be to lazy to go to your base. Space is enough there. Maybe I`ll add an Aquarium again too. Post plant updates made that very handy, today it`ll be more for style and getting specimen that can`t be found near my base(s). The Plant pot with the fruit tree replaced my Aquarium. ;-)

As for the m-s, so you want it to stay YOUR "stuff-upgrader" and want another "cyclops-equipment-upgrader". Well, I`m fine with as it is.
  • GryphorimGryphorim South of the Reef Join Date: 2015-09-10 Member: 207864Members
    If the power code is getting refactored, I'm hoping the devs decouple charging rate from stored power and reintroduce the accumulator. Personally I'd like the accumulator brought inside the base modules, looking kinda like Tesla Powerwall batteries. Basically small locker sized units fitted to the walls.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    Jacara wrote: »
    I'm really hoping they add a fatigue or sleep meter for survival. Then add things like stims (drug, and coffee like drink) to help you stay up =D

This would be terribad. The day-night cycle just goes too fast. Think about this - the seamoth travels at (according to the in-game encyclopedia and the console velocity indicator) 13 m/s. That's 46.8 kmh. Which means in a 12-hour day you could travel well over 500 km. And yet, in game you'd have a hard time travelling the length of the map (which is only 3 or 4 km wide) a couple times before night falls again. If you had to constantly return to a base to rest, it would make life really hard. Plus, IRL if you were really tired you could just crash on the floor of your lifepod - might not be very comfortable, but you could do it. In-game you'd probably have to have a bed to sleep - which means you'd need to have already built a seabase... AND you'd be constantly traveling back to it, because of the time compression - this is just a whole steaming pile of NO.
  • JacaraJacara Washington Join Date: 2015-06-11 Member: 205391Members
    Sidchicken wrote: »
    I'm really hoping they add a fatigue or sleep meter for survival. Then add things like stims (drug, and coffee like drink) to help you stay up =D

This would be terribad. The day-night cycle just goes too fast. Think about this - the seamoth travels at (according to the in-game encyclopedia and the console velocity indicator) 13 m/s. That's 46.8 kmh. Which means in a 12-hour day you could travel well over 500 km. And yet, in game you'd have a hard time travelling the length of the map (which is only 3 or 4 km wide) a couple times before night falls again. If you had to constantly return to a base to rest, it would make life really hard. Plus, IRL if you were really tired you could just crash on the floor of your lifepod - might not be very comfortable, but you could do it. In-game you'd probably have to have a bed to sleep - which means you'd need to have already built a seabase... AND you'd be constantly traveling back to it, because of the time compression - this is just a whole steaming pile of NO.

There is no reason to link a sleep meter to the day night cycle, as a human the cycle is about 24 hours internally. The planet can be faster without it affecting us much.
  • yomamayomama On the freeway Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215861Members
    As someone whose job in rl shifts from day to night and I have to deal with the resulting effect on my day/night patterns and fatigue, let me add my $0.02 to sidchicken...

A massive, fetid, streaming pile of not freaKing interested in that kind of realism. NOPE.

Isn't there enough to deal with, hunger, thirst, air, many hungry and aggressive things trying to eat you...I mean, if you really want to make more it challenging just spawn 2 reapers and 10 stalkers right outside your base.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    There is no reason to link a sleep meter to the day night cycle, as a human the cycle is about 24 hours internally. The planet can be faster without it affecting us much.
    While in principle that's true, I doubt this planet is spinning so fast that whole days last but minutes in our time scale - time is significantly accelerated in-game, and that means you'd get tired way too fast. If scuba tanks today can last about an hour, and ignoring the likely technical advances in a society that is now starfaring, that means time is accelerated by about 20-30 times. Managing that fatigue would turn the game into a slog. I'd be totally down with a Skyrim-type sleep mechanic, where you can use a bed to skip time (like to get back to dawn), or perhaps a day of bed rest would be good for a certain percentage of healing? There are things they can do to make beds useful and not just cosmetic without being a total burden.

Like the skyrim idea
  • CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
    I'm looking forward to when they finally get these things in game; no more strip-mining copper...
    edited May 2016
    Everyone is, not only copper, acid has vanished near my base. xD

Btw: Pity those shrooms can`t be grown like a fruit tree. Meaning getting mutliple out of what you seed.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members

Btw: Pity those shrooms can`t be grown like a fruit tree. Meaning getting mutliple out of what you seed.

not to mention that cutting those accursed shrooms to get their seeds is painful as hell lol i have a farm of 4 trays of them and to re-seed them all i gotta cut down ALOT of them, meaning that i need 2-3 medkits handy for when this happens :scream:
  • JacaraJacara Washington Join Date: 2015-06-11 Member: 205391Members
    Rainstorm wrote: »

not to mention that cutting those accursed shrooms to get their seeds is painful as hell lol i have a farm of 4 trays of them and to re-seed them all i gotta cut down ALOT of them, meaning that i need 2-3 medkits handy for when this happens :scream:

Perhaps letting the Statis rifle work on them so we can harvest them without hurting us.
    Fortunately we can now farm medkits...