Seamoth steering

ganamcdganamcd Portugal Join Date: 2016-05-08 Member: 216518Members
I thought that the seamoth steering was a bug and was going to be fixed in this new update (Machinery Update), but it wasn´t.

Is this a bug and will be fixed or it´s a new game feature? (I don´t like it at all :sweat:)

Comments

• JacaraJacara Washington Join Date: 2015-06-11 Member: 205391Members
    ganamcd wrote: »
    I thought that the seamoth steering was a bug and was going to be fixed in this new update (Machinery Update), but it wasn´t.

Is this a bug and will be fixed or it´s a new game feature? (I don´t like it at all :sweat:)

At least its better than it was
  • ganamcdganamcd Portugal Join Date: 2016-05-08 Member: 216518Members
    Jacara wrote: »

I don´t agree at all xD
    Jacara wrote: »

I don´t agree at all xD

They changed it so its more like it was in experimental build.
  • LordDerpLordDerp Netherlands Join Date: 2015-09-10 Member: 207871Members
    Fixed it? Was there something wrong with the steering of the seamoth?
  • KorithKorith Join Date: 2015-03-07 Member: 201768Members
    In stable after the latest update, the seamoth steering feels very laggy to me. When I try to turn to the left, the view of the player shifts left much faster than the seamoth actually turns. So most of the time when I turn the seamoth, I'm treated to a view of the interior of the seamoth instead of being able to see where I'm going.

It's gotten better this update, but it's still frustrating to use for me using a mouse/keyboard. It would be a lot nicer if the seamoth steering was more tightly linked to actually moving the mouse.

Not sure if this is what other people are fighting against, but it's my biggest problem with the seamoth currently.
    Korith wrote: »
    In stable after the latest update, the seamoth steering feels very laggy to me. When I try to turn to the left, the view of the player shifts left much faster than the seamoth actually turns. So most of the time when I turn the seamoth, I'm treated to a view of the interior of the seamoth instead of being able to see where I'm going.

It's gotten better this update, but it's still frustrating to use for me using a mouse/keyboard. It would be a lot nicer if the seamoth steering was more tightly linked to actually moving the mouse.

Not sure if this is what other people are fighting against, but it's my biggest problem with the seamoth currently.

Yup, it becomes a pain when in tight places, makes it hard not to hit the walls.
  • KlinnKlinn Lost in a cave Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214022Members
    Besides the clumsiness of control, I and some others find the lag produces a faint sense of dizziness. Faint, but enough that if I try to use the Seamoth, I have to shut down the game and do something else for a while.

Here's an earlier thread where players discussed their experiences.
  • AdmiralPainAdmiralPain Germany Join Date: 2016-04-02 Member: 215206Members
    Hm, i have not a single Problem with the Seamoth Control.
    I always go in one direction and at the same time when i go to a Direction with my Mouse, i automatic Strife a bit with the Keyboard to balance my Steering out, and i can handle it everywhere like near to a Speedboat. But im very trained in SciFi Games, where you always have to Strife and Aim for your direction in your Spaceship with natural Steering Lag, what is something realistic and positive for me so my Seamoth works fine for me. ;)
    In stable after the latest update, the seamoth steering feels very laggy to me. When I try to turn to the left, the view of the player shifts left much faster than the seamoth actually turns.

It is underwater, isn´t it the normal way Steering should be under water?
  • KorithKorith Join Date: 2015-03-07 Member: 201768Members

It is underwater, isn´t it the normal way Steering should be under water?

While I accept that steering under water would indeed be slower than in other mediums, I do not understand why my character is plastering his face against the side of the seamoth every time I turn. Wouldn't it make more sense for him to sit calmly in his chair while the seamoth turns? Why does the view shift so drastically?

For me, it's not the speed so much that the mouse movements seem to be changing the view of my character more than the rotation of the seamoth. I would expect my view to be unchanged in relation to the seamoth and have the seamoth itself rotate in relation to the mouse. Yet currently I sometimes feel like the pressure of my characters face against the glass is what turns the seamoth.
  • AvimimusAvimimus Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214968Members
    I actually like it. I'd prefer if it had more of a lag - it'd increase the challenge.

As for nausea - I just lower mouse sensitivity.

But then I'm used to the more hard core flight simulators. Different tastes I suppose?
  • KlinnKlinn Lost in a cave Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214022Members
    I've flown FSX, IL2, Rise of Flight, etc, etc. Not one of them has felt as wonky as the Seamoth.

It's not just lag per se, it's how the movement goes out of sync. Or something. Sorry, I'm having difficulty explaining it. :( I think somebody in that other thread does a better job describing it.
  • NamelessChaosNamelessChaos Germany Join Date: 2016-02-17 Member: 213158Members
    Mhh, I dislike the proximity warning of the cyclops way more than the (quite fine) seamoth behavior. No way to turn it off, alwaysssssssssssssssssss this beeping cause i tend to keep close to walls or floor to see anything at all. Ever tried searching the quite dark uranium crystals with the cyclops?
  • GhoreGhore DE, USA Join Date: 2016-05-11 Member: 216642Members
    I Would agree, it feels a lot less quick and precise (at least in experimental right now). But it could actually be a change to tone down it's maneuverability. If it is it did it quite well, at least.