Is there a faster way to move the escape pod?

BonaldBonald Fartzville Join Date: 2016-03-05 Member: 213887Members
Pushing it manually is so painfully slow. And the current generator doesn't seem to work on it. Any other tricks? If not, then devs please make the speed at which the pod moves when pushed drastically faster. Thanks :)

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    This game needs rope, tow that sucker out to ... Wherever you want :D
  • After_MidnightAfter_Midnight Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215890Members
    I've pushed my pod back from the void with my seamoth. Was a hard job but faster like push this thing by hands. Now it is swimming over my base surroundet by foundations.
  • JacaraJacara Washington Join Date: 2015-06-11 Member: 205391Members
    Did you fix the gravity anchor? Sometimes doing that will cause it to move back on its own.
  • yomamayomama On the freeway Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215861Members
    Hey, so what's the current generator supposed to do? I don't think it was...uh...this...
    Please correct me if I'm wrong
  • NamelessChaosNamelessChaos Germany Join Date: 2016-02-17 Member: 213158Members
    I`d try ramming it with the Cyclops if I need to move it, by why anyways? Once I got a base set up I only very rarely need to go there, mostly because 4 Filtration mashines suck a bit to much power off of 3-4 Solars and a Biogen.
    Agree with you on that
  • NamelessChaosNamelessChaos Germany Join Date: 2016-02-17 Member: 213158Members
    yomama wrote: »
    Hey, so what's the current generator supposed to do? I don't think it was...uh...this...
    Please correct me if I'm wrong

hit the button on the back of the CGen, then you`ll see. Strangely it doesn`t seem to affect fish.
    edited May 2016
    Ooohhh...a button...thanks for not just telling me, as it happens I'm going to get some game time today...got off work early...a button....

Embarrassed that this is one of the things I haven't bothered with...
    edited May 2016
    xD
    No problem, the button is hard to spot. There was a time where they worked instantly as setup, but now you have the option to turn them on/off.
  • ChimpXChimpX Join Date: 2015-07-25 Member: 206391Members
    I`d try ramming it with the Cyclops if I need to move it, by why anyways?

I've always pushed the life pod over to my base just because it serves as a free directional beacon.

Other than that, yeah, not much point in moving it.

• WindstrikerWindstriker houston Join Date: 2016-01-05 Member: 210923Members
    I do the same thing and use it for the beacon. I also just like having all my assets in one place. If they don't alow for easy towing should add a self destruct to it or allow it to be scraped.
    For that I throw out a beacon digged under my base ;)
    So, the current generator...I was thinking electrical current...duh! Very cool item, not sure what it's useful for other than pushing the pod...
    Once I tried moving fish with it to the Gravity device, building a huge trap with it. Since it didn`t work, never tried again building such trap. What for? Lazy way to get food, was before growing plants was possible.