More vehicles?

tickeratickera Australia Join Date: 2016-05-06 Member: 216399Members
edited May 2016 in Ideas and Suggestions
I've been thinking, the game is called SUBnautica, there should be more than two Submarines. At the moment, the Seamoth is the only relevant vehicle, but its quite vulnerable and not really viable. The Cyclops is a joke, doesn't move well, doesn't light up well, Cant edit the interior, not much too it.

However, I have some suggestions for some new Vehicles

Behemoth

The Behemoth would basically be a HUGE submarine, it would be incredibly slow, but allow you to dock your Cyclops. It would also have separate docks for Seamoths (2 or 3) and would act as a mobile home. This is a long shot due to the size, but would basically be a big transport ship. It would have corridors and separate rooms, including a scanner room to scan for resources and send out camera drones like the seabase scanner room. This would be 2-3x the size of the Cyclops (A little larger than the finished Sea Emperor). This would be pretty cool in my opinion.

Mariana

Mariana would be a deep sea sub, it would be similar to the seamoth (slightly larger) would require more energy (2-3 Power Cells) and would have more health. The main thing is it has an insane depth counter without the need for upgrades. It would be fast and sleek to maneuver the terrain easier, and have an Exosuit dock on the back for easy exploration. It would have a built in scanner to scan blueprints without having to leave, and mechanical arms to pick up items/fish. Maybe a DNA transfuser as well.

SeaSnake

SeaSnake would be a Cyclops reskin, faster, sleeker but lower hitpoints and less energy. It would also be slightly smaller.

imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcd8ba0b44a15c10065fd-24461f391e20b7336331d5789078af53.r23.cf1.rackcdn.com%2Funknownworlds.vanillaforums.com%2Feditor%2Fgh%2Frmm6blsty3ii.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.unknownworlds.com%2Fdiscussion%2F137686%2Fopen-ocean-biome&docid=6ngWx5Hc9WiZCM&tbnid=Fp1oJtpoJwuC2M%3A&w=1280&h=590&bih=1031&biw=1920&ved=0ahUKEwiR1dqo1sTMAhVIFpQKHUVMAHcQMwgkKAgwCA&iact=mrc&uact=8

(Would look something like this)

Turtle

The turtle would be a little different - Instead of a sub, how about a boat? This would have a magnetic cyclops dock (Rather than the Behemoths full encasing dock) and would carry the cyclops around on the hull. It would have a lower deck area featuring a miniature scanning room to scan the seabed, strictly limited to floating on the ocean surface.

Magnus

Magnus would be a high speed small spherical scout drone, it would have a similar design to the Observatory but smaller, it would be a stand up piloting machine like the Cyclops and would have 360 view of the ocean. Very vulnerable however with low HP.

SeaCrab

The Seacrab would be a crawler restricted to the seabed, would have arms to pick up materials and melee attack, can jump. Would be larger than the seamoth and have 4 crab like legs (Can move forward though). Thrusters should be available however in case you fall into the abyss.

Those are my submarine idea's, but I have some suggestions for the Seamoth & Cyclops as well.

Sonic Torpedo's

These would fire the same as Vortex Torpedo's and load the same, but would release a sonic screech upon impact. This would deter all creatures within the area (Exception of Sea Emperor & Sea Dragon

Toxin Torpedo's

Again, would work the same as Vortex Torpedo's but would explode near target (or on impact) and would release a toxic effect to nearby creatures (Similar to Gasopod orbs.) this would kill smaller creatures and damage larger ones.

Stun Torpedo's

Would work the same as Vortex Torpedo's but would stun the target for a few seconds. This excludes leviathans.

Harpoon

The harpoon would be a Cyclops defense, mid range harpoon doing medium damage, when fully extended would create a sort of Sonic Explosion (patent pending) that damages nearby enemies.

Cyclops Solar Charge

Would act the same as the Seamoth solar charge unit, would have an immense cost though.

Better Headlights

These should illuminate less water and more ground, and they need to be customizable, like different settings. You could choose where they look, have them locked forward or be on patrol like a spotlight and illuminate hostile creatures nearby.

That's all i can think of for now, hope some of these are relevant and may even get implemented

(my personal favorites are the Magnus and the Behemoth :smile: )

Comments

• tickeratickera Australia Join Date: 2016-05-06 Member: 216399Members
    edited May 2016
    Please leave a comment if you have issues/other suggestions ;D
  • LaMareLeonesLaMareLeones Join Date: 2016-05-06 Member: 216410Members
    Hey,this is amazing!
    Are you seeing this developers?!
    Hey,this is amazing!
    Are you seeing this developers?!

Thanks ;D

I hope the devs check this out, its unlikely the subs woukd get implimented, the torpedo's may have a chance, but every suggestion helps!

• anagle96anagle96 New Jersey Join Date: 2016-05-06 Member: 216419Members
    Hey love your ideas! I hope the developers take a look at this. How about a large submarine carrying ship instead of a submarine that way you avoid smacking into everything while you're driving it and its more mobile? My only thought.
    anagle96 wrote: »
    Hey love your ideas! I hope the developers take a look at this. How about a large submarine carrying ship instead of a submarine that way you avoid smacking into everything while you're driving it and its more mobile? My only thought.

Like a transport ship? Sounds cool, the Behemoth should be slow and immoble, as if your seabase could suddenly move around. But thats an awesome idea!

• MineTuberMineTuber Austria Join Date: 2016-05-08 Member: 216514Members
    would like to have something like an underwater train with attachable wagons wich drives on tracks. Would be really cool. It could be named something like: "Magnetic Transportation Vehicle". So it works like an magnet train. I would like to have that. I would make an farming track where I can transport quartz or something to my base.
  • FocusedWolfFocusedWolf Join Date: 2005-01-09 Member: 34258Members
    edited May 2016
    MineTuber wrote: »
    would like to have something like an underwater train with attachable wagons wich drives on tracks. Would be really cool. It could be named something like: "Magnetic Transportation Vehicle". So it works like an magnet train. I would like to have that. I would make an farming track where I can transport quartz or something to my base.

Better yet, drone float-bag lockers that can be sent to any beacon or sub or camera drone.

Would also be useful for sending supplies to|from my bases.

Pathfinding through underwater obstacles might be an issue but i would settle for a drone that first floated to the surface with the locker and then just positioned itself vertically over the destination.
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    MineTuber wrote: »

So a bullet train?
    Seems cool, been done in a sperate post.
  • nineonetwonineonetwo Join Date: 2016-04-07 Member: 215452Members
    edited May 2016
    I'll be honest:
    At this point in time with Subnautica, the only viable vehicle ideas here are the Turtle and maybe the Magnus. You other concepts for the most part seem visually pleasing, but I see no use. Also, in previous discussions, the consensus is that a vehicle bigger than the Cyclops would be worse for the flow of gameplay. Just my 2 cents lol
  • BullvayneBullvayne france Join Date: 2015-11-24 Member: 209453Members
    Yes these Subs seems to be really good ..... but with larger SUB (or more subs) ... we need bigger map ;)
    nineonetwo wrote: »
    I'll be honest:
    At this point in time with Subnautica, the only viable vehicle ideas here are the Turtle and maybe the Magnus. You other concepts for the most part seem visually pleasing, but I see no use. Also, in previous discussions, the consensus is that a vehicle bigger than the Cyclops would be worse for the flow of gameplay. Just my 2 cents lol

Yea, i could see where your coming from, just throwing idea's at the table right now lol
    Thanks for the reply
    Bullvayne wrote: »
    Yes these Subs seems to be really good ..... but with larger SUB (or more subs) ... we need bigger map ;)

True, there should be separate maps varying on the difficulty (Easy, Med or Hard). These larger subs would fit into the larger maps.
  • ifferiffer Join Date: 2005-03-12 Member: 45041Members, Constellation
    well if the devs gave us stick-on engines and some sort of control system we could just drive anything around. And with weapons modules, we've got multiplayer sorted :) (space engineer with fish!)
  • KaduranKaduran Germany Join Date: 2016-05-17 Member: 216898Members
    My opinion is that this 2 subs we have are enough (the number)
    Instead of new different submarines to build there should be a way to customize them.
    Like ifyou dont like the speed of the cyclops/seamoth than dock it to your base and switch the engine, or extra rudder for more agility.
    Each change with a tiny visual change and some balance. Max speed = fewer depth.
    so you have to set priorities, what you want.

As i said just my opinion ^^
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    Kaduran wrote: »
    My opinion is that this 2 subs we have are enough (the number)
    Instead of new different submarines to build there should be a way to customize them.
    Like ifyou dont like the speed of the cyclops/seamoth than dock it to your base and switch the engine, or extra rudder for more agility.
    Each change with a tiny visual change and some balance. Max speed = fewer depth.
    so you have to set priorities, what you want.

As i said just my opinion ^^

May I direct you to this: http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/141952/switchable-utility-bay-s-u-b-system-for-the-cyclops
  • KaduranKaduran Germany Join Date: 2016-05-17 Member: 216898Members
    Ahh thx :) didn´t saw this one
  • EHW1EHW1 Los Angeles Join Date: 2016-03-12 Member: 214122Members
    The exosuit will be the mariana basically, but better.