There's A Lot Of Sandsharks

Kyman201Kyman201 Washington State Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211880Members
Basically what the title says. At one point I swear I saw like, five or six Sandsharks just milling together in the plateaus near the safe shallows, and I swear that there's like, one or two constantly hanging out just outside my base that have yet to actually attack.

Plus, it may be an AI quirk, but do they seem a lot more aggressive now? Like, older Sandsharks were kind of lazy. They'd jump up and go at you, but if you kept your distance you were okay. These guys I swear chase you for several meters and across biome lines, and they can MOTOR.

I didn't put this in Bug Report because for all I know, this is intended. Anybody else notice this?

Comments

• Freeman79Freeman79 Sweden Join Date: 2015-09-22 Member: 208093Members
    edited May 2016
    Try to fight them off, they are quite easy to avoid since they turn kind of sluggish, but make sure you have a few first aid kits with you just in case.

But I know the feeling, I somehow manage to build my base on top of an intense Stalker zone, had to fight 3 of them at once, luckily I was able to fight them right outside my base entrence and could jump in to heal up and then get out again, it's not the first thing I wanna do when I exit my base, and now when they respawn aswell, I seriously considering relocating :lol:

For your question, I'm not sure they are more agressive, but there's definitely more of them or perhaps they are more stacked up then before.
  • Kyman201Kyman201 Washington State Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211880Members
    I've noticed they kind of lunge now. Like, the older ones would wiggle out of the sand and head towards fish. These guys just dart forward, and keep up the chase.

They don't even have tail fins, how can they move that fast?!
  • ResolutionBlazeResolutionBlaze The Dunes Join Date: 2016-04-06 Member: 215392Members
    Kyman201 wrote: »
    I've noticed they kind of lunge now. Like, the older ones would wiggle out of the sand and head towards fish. These guys just dart forward, and keep up the chase.

They don't even have tail fins, how can they move that fast?!

Do not underestimate the wiggling power!
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    I noticed that the wildlife in general is more aggressive and will fight each other now. Yesterday I heard a crash and saw it come hurtling out of a cave to attack a gasopod.
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    I noticed that the wildlife in general is more aggressive and will fight each other now. Yesterday I heard a crash and saw it come hurtling out of a cave to attack a gasopod.

Yes I saw a sand shark and a stalker fighting right on the border of the safe shallows and kelp forest. The fight upset a gasopod and it pooped gas at them. They didn't like it and swam away. >.<.
  • DefectiveDelfinDefectiveDelfin Planet earth Join Date: 2015-07-19 Member: 206262Members
    Freeman79 wrote: »
    Try to fight them off, they are quite easy to avoid since they turn kind of sluggish, but make sure you have a few first aid kits with you just in case.

But I know the feeling, I somehow manage to build my base on top of an intense Stalker zone, had to fight 3 of them at once, luckily I was able to fight them right outside my base entrence and could jump in to heal up and then get out again, it's not the first thing I wanna do when I exit my base, and now when they respawn aswell, I seriously considering relocating :lol:

For your question, I'm not sure they are more agressive, but there's definitely more of them or perhaps they are more stacked up then before.

Dont worry!

The devs have said that fish will respawn but predators and larger fish like stalkers wont respawn when they are killed.

If you want to get rid of them,I suggest you kill them with a stasis rifle and a knife or a propulsion cannon and some Crash/Gas pod/other deadly things.They will not respawn so your home will be cleared of them.
    Dont worry!

The devs have said that fish will respawn but predators and larger fish like stalkers wont respawn when they are killed.

If you want to get rid of them,I suggest you kill them with a stasis rifle and a knife or a propulsion cannon and some Crash/Gas pod/other deadly things.They will not respawn so your home will be cleared of them.

Oh thats a relief, thought the predators spawned aswell.
    Thanks for the info :smile:

• MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    Do plants respawn? Such as acid mushrooms, kelp and kelp seeds.
  • Mr357Mr357 Join Date: 2015-03-31 Member: 202777Members
    Yeah, Sand Sharks are definitely more dangerous now, as opposed to the past where they were never really a problem. Additionally, Gasopods are super trigger happy now, and will not only fart on small fish, but on you too if you get within about 8 feet of them.
  • AvimimusAvimimus Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214968Members
    edited May 2016
    Myrm wrote: »
    Do plants respawn? Such as acid mushrooms, kelp and kelp seeds.

The farming update probably deals with this. They may not respawn - but you can grow them.

IMHO, the big problem was the fact that predators hunt fish and fish don't breed - so everything would eventuall die out due to a lack of respawning. However, I think it is neat that the player can deplete resource prior to farming (or building a large aquarium/hatchery).
    edited May 2016
    Mr357 wrote: »
    Yeah, Sand Sharks are definitely more dangerous now, as opposed to the past where they were never really a problem. Additionally, Gasopods are super trigger happy now, and will not only fart on small fish, but on you too if you get within about 8 feet of them.

Btw those Gasopods, their farts are really not to play with, its even worse than a day after fart, hurts like hell to swim thru :lol:
  • LeonDOGELeonDOGE France Join Date: 2016-01-16 Member: 211525Members
    Yes, let them fight.
    LET ALL OF THEM FIGHT!
  • rudyeckertrudyeckert Join Date: 2012-11-27 Member: 173444Members
    yea I have definitely noticed a difference in the amount and aggression of sandsharks
  • JacaraJacara Washington Join Date: 2015-06-11 Member: 205391Members
    I killed about 20 of them within swimming range of my base lol