Air tanks don't stack anymore?

MetacomMetacom Tacoma, Washington Join Date: 2016-04-27 Member: 216076Members
Just started a new game today and noticed that air tanks don't stack anymore? My air is at 105 ("paper doll" airtank on my back) and it does not increase even when I build additional air tanks and carry them in inventory. Is this a bug, or an "improvement"? Hopefully a bug...

Also, I have noticed that Stalkers are SUPER aggressive in this new build and I'm not really sure what to do about it beyond staying far away from them, which is not easy to do.

Comments

• LeonDOGELeonDOGE France Join Date: 2016-01-16 Member: 211525Members
    Metacom wrote: »
    Just started a new game today and noticed that air tanks don't stack anymore? My air is at 105 ("paper doll" airtank on my back) and it does not increase even when I build additional air tanks and carry them in inventory. Is this a bug, or an "improvement"? Hopefully a bug...

Also, I have noticed that Stalkers are SUPER aggressive in this new build and I'm not really sure what to do about it beyond staying far away from them, which is not easy to do.

Air tanks no longer stacks, you need to upgrade your tank.
    And yes, Repulsion Cannon is there for you to blast them away - that is, if you know how to make one.
  • KlinnKlinn Lost in a cave Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214022Members
    I think the devs intend to allow stacking of tanks again. Check out the quote in this thread: forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/141809/those-who-whine-about-not-having-enough-oxygen/p1

I guess they haven't changed it back yet.
  • JacaraJacara Washington Join Date: 2015-06-11 Member: 205391Members
    They stack once again in the experimental mode.
  • NamelessChaosNamelessChaos Germany Join Date: 2016-02-17 Member: 213158Members
    and getting boring again then. 165 secs of air is enough.
  • BugzapperBugzapper Australia Join Date: 2015-03-06 Member: 201744Members
    Who seriously thought it would be a good idea to Nerf the O2 tanks?

Let those unseen rock-hard heroes play that way in hardcore mode.

Me, I've got serious stuff to do down there. More lung-bung, please.
  • nekozjinekozji uk Join Date: 2016-04-29 Member: 216121Members
    Stalker solution - carry a fish in your hand. They'll take the fish and leave you alone for 10-20 seconds. Take several fish while harvesting creepvine seeds :smile:
  • After_MidnightAfter_Midnight Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215890Members
    edited May 2016

Just for you. Just for you ;)
  • DinkelsenDinkelsen Graz Join Date: 2015-10-05 Member: 208309Members

Nothing keeps you from using only one tank. Or better, why use a tank at all?
  • NamelessChaosNamelessChaos Germany Join Date: 2016-02-17 Member: 213158Members
    edited May 2016
    Dinkelsen wrote: »

Nothing keeps you from using only one tank. Or better, why use a tank at all?

Using no tank at all is annoying even for me. :P But I never have problems with 165secs of air. first I ran around with the seagile, later seamoth and Cyclops, seagilde stored in the seamoth. I really don`t get it you running out of air. Do you guys "park" your Vehicles miles away from where you wanna go?

Besides: If you play survival, deal with it. It is SURVIVAL, not "mimimi easen up everything for me, wanna feel tough like in creative."

AND: even in the future setup, doesn`t make much sense if all still works over O2 tanks that carrying multiplie doesn`t slow you massively down. You guys know "our" current air tanks? Metal stuff that if you can lift em can be used to smash Human? In the old times I used to carry 2 tanks around me, but using the lighter tank was never an option for me. Gained speed with em didn`t "feel" much.
    My, my, why so aggressive. I didn't even object to your opinion, I made a totally constructive post with a suggestion of how you can improve your game experience. I am not the one who wants to force others to his playstyle. Now I could write whole pages about different views about what enjoyment is or where challenge borders to annoyment but I think we both know, its not about challenge.

Its about elitism.

Where you are the elite gamer who by his elevated status and elite gaming skills is allowed to dictate the official view about how Subnautica is "meant to be played" and what an "adequate challenge" is that all players have to submit to. In this view I am the unworthy subject who knows nothing and has no skill and am therefore not entitled my own opinion. At the very least, my opinion is of lesser worth than yours.

Because if it really were about challenge, you wouldn't react with a derogatory post im my direction, but with something like: "Hey, thats a cool idea, I am going to try that and see how far I can get."

I was always and I am still amazed by the inability of people to create their own challenges. Why use 2 air tanks even if it is allowed if you want a challenge? Use one. Use one unupgraded tank. Why use 5 hotkeys? Use 3. Switch tools by opening the inventory. Play it hard. You are the elite gamer, after all. Play without weapons. Play as if the surface and atmosphere was irradiated after the Auroras explosion. Play without a rebreather. You want a challenge? You can CREATE a challenge!

Why force everyone to your playstyle? Ah yes, it wasn't about challenges in the first time...
    Besides: If you play survival, deal with it. It is SURVIVAL, not "mimimi easen up everything for me, wanna feel tough like in creative."

So its about wanting to feel tough? I don't want to feel tough, I have exactly zero need to feel tough, so I suspect you are talking about yourself. If you think you are not tough enough, well, I am very sorry for you. I can but hint you: you won't satisfy this need in a computer game.
    edited May 2016
    Dinkelsen, that was a guess why others want it easier. If you could save ingame and not only by quitting (and sometimes it didn`t save then, that`s why i don`t play hardcore anymore) I`d play hc mode. And nope, no ones opinion is lesser than mine, but critising mine means you don`t like having people liking it harder than easy mode.

Another guess is that many people seem to forget that in this game, they crash landed on an Alien planet. Main ship almost entirely broken. Do you expect if going to other planets having it easy, no matter if the Journey goes well or bad (like in Subnautica) ?
  • bwoodfieldbwoodfield Canada Join Date: 2016-03-08 Member: 214017Members
    I like the new single tank on the paper doll. I really didn't like having a near requirement of carrying around two tanks, eating up my inventory. The new single tank carries more than the original, and if you go to the light tank with speed flippers there is no concern about running out of air anywhere.
    Yep, saves space what is very nice, but the light tanks weren`t enough for me in earlier versions so I still stick with the other ones. Having almost 3 mins of Air I never had real problems so far.
  • iSmartManiSmartMan Join Date: 2016-04-17 Member: 215884Members
    @NamelessChaos @Dinkelsen Look, everyone enjoys the game in their own way, and there are ways of overcoming this without placing a deliberate handicap on yourself. If you find yourself getting bored with 165 seconds of air, did you consider trying a Plasteel tank instead of a High Capacity tank?
  • starkaosstarkaos Join Date: 2016-03-31 Member: 215139Members
    The "Add passive tanks back in" card on Trello was just completed. So we should be seeing more than 165 seconds of air sometime today on Experimental.
    edited May 2016
    @iSmartMan my initial post to that topic was " and THEN getting boring again, 165secs of air is enough", not make it harder. Just added my thought "not easier" to that later.
    @iSmartMan : You've to play the game in exact the same way like NamelessChaos. No other ways are possible. It will be to easy with more oxygen. You've not to explore in the kind you like. Just survive!!!! Because its a survival game.

BTW: Not my opinion....
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    If we are to keep the paper doll tanks then I'd ask that it be increased to allow two tanks on our backs. After all, divers in the real world sometimes have two tanks.
    Myrm wrote: »
    If we are to keep the paper doll tanks then I'd ask that it be increased to allow two tanks on our backs. After all, divers in the real world sometimes have two tanks.

It could be considered that the devs doubling the air supply to each tank is actually 2 tanks. They just need to change the look of the tank to accommodate that change.
    AAAAND now the multiple tanks feature is back, only with this time around, it got nerfed.

HAH, in your face, whiners!
  • GaSplatGaSplat MO Join Date: 2016-04-11 Member: 215637Members
    Better IMHO would be to let you carry extra tanks, then swap them in inventory if you want to extend your air. would reflect added challenge of managing air tanks if you want to carry multiples.
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    LeonDOGE wrote: »
    AAAAND now the multiple tanks feature is back, only with this time around, it got nerfed.

Stop your whining! :D

LeonDOGE wrote: »

Can I see some tears in your eyes? Like a little crying baby? Don't fits your arrogant (fanboy) expectations?
    You can give me your adress and I'll send you some hanky's...

Let's all keep civil, ok?
    It is slightly better than how it originally worked.
    Dinkelsen wrote: »
    Let's all keep civil, ok?

This was my best try ;)
  • Kyman201Kyman201 Washington State Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211880Members
    This was my best try ;)

That's your best?

Try harder.
  • KorithKorith Join Date: 2015-03-07 Member: 201768Members
    From my perspective, decreasing the amount of air supply we can carry doesn't make the game harder. It makes it more tedious.

As many other people have pointed out, dealing with a low oxygen supply isn't particularly difficult. You can build a seaglide, an air bladder, plant the air coral things, maybe make a base or even just park a seamoth or cyclops close to where you're exploring. There are a lot of ways to deal with it.

The only thing having a smaller air supply really does is increase the amount of times you have to swim back and forth from an air supply. It delays and slows down your exploration of things like wrecks, but it doesn't require anything radical on the players part to get around it.

Obviously this is all just my opinion, but swimming up and down between the surface and whatever I'm exploring doesn't strike me as a "challenge" at all.
    I feel like one tank - 165s is far from enough, plus extra inventory spaces too.

But yanno, some people just don't want to have those spaces, but they want more oxygen.

Just more and more and more oxygen for no reason, while we already have Seamoths, Cyclops and (upcoming) the Exosuit for deep sea exploration.

Just sayin'...