Call Seamoth - Remote controller

DchicoteDchicote Germany Join Date: 2015-05-26 Member: 204901Members
edited August 2017 in Ideas and Suggestions
Please, I want to call my Seamoth per button call.
It would be nice, when I can call my seamoth to me. When I am in trouble or so on ...

Comments

• zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    Fantastic idea. Maybe it only works ranged like the cams of the scanner room. Like the scene from Aliens. You access remote control and link into the seamoth which is docked at your cyclops. It undocks and you drive until you see yourself.

But what will you do one day if you are in your exosuit and pressure limits won't let you switch? The seamoth needs a gravity tractor module to lift bigger structures! Then you can do rescue mission for your stuck exosuit. Like:

You stepped into lava that got cold again and now you're stuck in lava rock. You start to see lava larva and lava lizards coming, while you're cutting free. You activate your remote and the seamoth gets close while you get surrounded. The seamoth pulls you out and lifts you back to your cyclops.
  • The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    Even if not for all this:
    zetachron wrote: »
    You stepped into lava that got cold again and now you're stuck in lava rock. You start to see lava larva and lava lizards coming, while you're cutting free. You activate your remote and the seamoth gets close while you get surrounded. The seamoth pulls you out and lifts you back to your cyclops.
    (I'd prefer it not being Exosuit-only, thank you), I'd still love this idea. I'm always taking four extra minutes of air to explore the Grand Reef at my leisure. Not once have I overshot and gone too far away to get back to my SeaMoth before drowning (thought I've had some close calls), but it would make exploration so much easier if you could get the 'Moth to follow you, within reason. I like the idea of not just a "call" remote, but remote operation like a drone. In fact, when you're remote-operating the Moth, I'd say make the player a beacon! For people who use the SeaMoth as more than just a cargo tug, but a full-on life support system in caves too small for the Cyclops, the ability to move it without going all the way back would be a relief.