Death is such a relief!

WindstrikerWindstriker houston Join Date: 2016-01-05 Member: 210923Members
As I play the game I've noticed that in certain circumstances dieing can be seen as a good thing. As long as the play's inventory is secured there is no true penalty for dieing. Sure when you re-spawn all stats are not 100 percent but still they are pretty good. For instance if the player is close to starving, it may be preferable to commit suicide instead of using resources. My suggestion is to lower re-spawn stats in order to make life more precious to the player.

Comments

• SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    This is why I play hardcore.
  • The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    In addition to refilling all your stats, it also can prevent real-life heart attacks. You know you're in Reaper territory, you know there's a Reaper who will reach you in about ten seconds. You have three seconds of air left, and in fact were going to the surface when you noticed old Paul's proximity (don't ask). Your two choices are to surface, then die five seconds later and suffer a heart attack, or you could just... die. To be honest, I've actually reread a book recently where people did just that. I admit, I'd prefer to just drown than die by the teeth of something like that... and to me, drowning is like the single most terrifying of all deaths. But at least it isn't painful.