Observing a Stalker...

CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
Just a quiet thing in Creative Mode. Thank you to the Devs for creating something so beautiful and wonderful! Ah, I wish David Attenborough would narrate...

Comments

• CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
    There's been 47 views of this on YouTube. I... I don't understand. Why? It's just a bit of gameplay footage. People have also looked at my Underwater Base Tour 51 times. People must really like those two Subnautica Videos--or Subnautica is just that good.

Should... Should I do another one?
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    If you really want to do another one then go for it. The choice is all yours
  • TIEbomber1967TIEbomber1967 California Join Date: 2015-09-23 Member: 208109Members
    What's to understand?
    People like Subnautica. I LIKE SUBNAUTICA! (yes, I'm yelling).
    I've watched literally hundreds of hours of other people playing Subnautica on Youtube, because I like it that much. I've watched videos in languages in don't understand, just 'cuz it's subnautica.
    It's wacky, I know... but hey, it keeps me outta the bars. ;)
    My current favorite player to watch is named Hellsmaster Kight (yes, I think he's misspelled his own name), and he's terrible! I think I watch him because I enjoy yelling at the computer screen.
    Anyway, yeah post some more stuff. I'll watch it.
  • eastofdeatheastofdeath usa Join Date: 2016-02-28 Member: 213559Members
    +1 I vote for another video in survival mode.
    I enjoyed your "Observing a Stalker" video and I also take the time from exploring and gathering to watch the wildlife like a naturalist. I know its all brilliant programing running in the back ground.
    I have David Attenborough in my head telling what I am seeing, as I note the different behavior and save it to a memory bank for future use in my survival.
    +1 I vote for another video in survival mode.
    I enjoyed your "Observing a Stalker" video and I also take the time from exploring and gathering to watch the wildlife like a naturalist. I know its all brilliant programing running in the back ground.
    I have David Attenborough in my head telling what I am seeing, as I note the different behavior and save it to a memory bank for future use in my survival.

Have another tour of my vastly expanded base:

• ResolutionBlazeResolutionBlaze The Dunes Join Date: 2016-04-06 Member: 215392Members
    edited April 2016
    I would enjoy it greatly if all the predators in the game had phases;

Resting phase, where the predator simply rests in an area for a little while, swimming around in the general area, maybe even resting against the sea floor (still attacks you if you're too close but less aggressive and does not pursuit as far).

Hunting phase, where the predator is far more aggressive. This is more than just swimming around and eating what happens to be nearby, I mean it goes into a cycle around the map, catching peepers by surprise (because it seems like peepers don't run away despite being their main meal) by ambushing them.

Hoarding phase, where the stalker goes around hoarding things, and eating if fish happen to be in it's way. How aggressive they are depends on the proximity you are in by their hoard stash.

Caring phase, where the stalker cares for it's eggs if it is male/female depending on who takes care of the egg. They are the most aggressive and will not run away if cut or attacked, and will try and kill you if you get too close. They will rest near the egg or swim above it or within sight of it.

I pretend the video is it's hoarding phase :tongue:
    I've got a new one, just recorded to Earth's "YouTube." If there's any jankiness I apologize; it's quite difficult to get footage out as I have to use the transceiver aboard the Aurora which is, admittedly, quite poor after the ship's crash landing. Nevertheless, all you deep divers and marine scientists and biologists are gonna love this one; it's called Observation of a Sand Shark...

• ResolutionBlazeResolutionBlaze The Dunes Join Date: 2016-04-06 Member: 215392Members
    Coranth wrote: »
    I've got a new one, just recorded to Earth's "YouTube." If there's any jankiness I apologize; it's quite difficult to get footage out as I have to use the transceiver aboard the Aurora which is, admittedly, quite poor after the ship's crash landing. Nevertheless, all you deep divers and marine scientists and biologists are gonna love this one; it's called Observation of a Sand Shark...

Now the Reaper Leviathan :wink:
  • DefectiveDelfinDefectiveDelfin Planet earth Join Date: 2015-07-19 Member: 206262Members
    Heres a tip Coranth,hitting F6 2 times will remove your HUD so you get a view without your hands or tools blocking anything.ANyways,you should do a crabsquid and jellyray one.Since the jellyrays have been updated they have become much more graceful.

Good luck!
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    Cute video :>
    I absolutely adore the Stalkers. It'd be awesome if the ones we hatch in Aquariums retain their friendly behavior upon being released instead of reverting to default Stalker behavior. Maybe even follow you around and bring you gifts like the temporarily pacified ones do...

Although I could see that being a problem at times too, if you don't have the option to tell it to "go home and wait". Other aggressive fauna (Reapers, Bone Sharks, etc) and the potential of immense heat and/or pressure (Deep sea biomes) might pose a threat to it.
  • coldsnapcoldsnap Join Date: 2015-12-26 Member: 210395Members
    They really do wriggle about too much. The stalker looks much better after the update, but the sand shark looks and behaves really weird IMO. Doesn't look like it's animation matches up to its movement. Also, I hate seeing creatures turn on a dime. :-/