Change Name

FrohmanFrohman Join Date: 2010-12-25 Member: 75933Members
Hello, just wondering if it is possible to change your in game name for NS2?

I know NS2 takes your Steam friend's name, but I have since changed that and NS2 has not updated.

Cheers,
Frohman

Comments

• weezlweezl Join Date: 2008-07-04 Member: 64557Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    yea, just go into options in ns2 and it's on top
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited January 2011
    It doesn't take your Steam Friends name though, maybe on initial startup it does?
  • playerplayer Join Date: 2010-09-12 Member: 73982Members
    <!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->// Set default player name to one set in Steam, or one we've used and saved previously
    local playerName = Client.GetOptionString( kNicknameOptionsKey, Client.GetUserName() )<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->
    So yes, it does initially set it to whatever your steam-name was at the time of first start-up.
  • UrgoUrgo france Join Date: 2014-08-26 Member: 198125Members
    Hi, sorry to use this thread but i didn't wanted to create a new one for this question.

I always had a different nickname for my Steam account and in Natural Selection 2 but it's been several days or weeks if i change my NS2 nickname, it will change my Steam nickname. How can i keep the different nicknames?

Thank you.
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    Just under the nickname textbox ingame in the settings, you see an option that allows you to disable syncing the steam and ingame name.
  • UrgoUrgo france Join Date: 2014-08-26 Member: 198125Members
    Great thank you!!!

I just had to open my eyes... ><