Docking the Seamoth should require base/Cyclops power

frazmifrazmi Kentucky Join Date: 2016-03-19 Member: 214471Members
Docking the Seamoth in a moon pool should take power. There should be two power drain levels, low for when the Seamoth is properly aligned in the bay and high when the Seamoth is at any angle greater than about 15 degrees (since the mechanism always rotates the vessel to the same final setting, and such rotation would take power).

There should be a failsafe so that the moon pool refuses to dock the Seamoth if base power levels are too low. (The failsafe prevents the docking mechanism from losing power half-way through the docking maneuver.)

And since my Prius can charge its battery when coasting downhill, perhaps releasing the Seamoth into the ocean should recapture half the energy of an "aligned capture".

Comments

• frazmifrazmi Kentucky Join Date: 2016-03-19 Member: 214471Members
    I surely have no issue with someone disagreeing with my idea... but I'm wondering why? Too many systems already draining power? The idea isn't valid from a physics perspective? Bad grammar? Something else? Thanks in advance for sharing a different perspective :)
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    This seems an unnecessary hassle. The base already drains at least a little power when you dock the moth, thanks to the auto-recharge. I don't see why we need to pay power to enter the moonpool on top of that.
  • Freeman79Freeman79 Sweden Join Date: 2015-09-22 Member: 208093Members
    In some gamemodes you cant even dock the Seamoth in the Moonpool unless you have power.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    Freeman79 wrote: »
    In some gamemodes you cant even dock the Seamoth in the Moonpool unless you have power.

Or undock. I've lost power while the seamoth was docked and it couldn't be deployed.
  • GreendwellerGreendweller Holland Join Date: 2016-04-19 Member: 215980Members
    With some tweaks to that suggestion i could agree with it for example:
    yes to the power consumption (it ís an inbase machine that you use)
    However there should be a "failsafe" so that it at least let you dock/undock when the station has no power.
    Or perhaps even more interresting: Give it it's own power source requirement.
    Just some thoughts.
    I see no reason to make the moonpool more complicated than it is. You've already got to find the fragments and gather a not small amount of resources to make one. Adding additional power requirements pushes it into the realm of being tedious, which is bad.