lua_test folder

ZycaRZycaR Join Date: 2002-11-12 Member: 8263Members
Hi UWE,

I would like to kindly ask if it is possible (and if yes the how) to run tests you wrote in lua_test folder ?
Assuming that those tests are bare minimum which should pass when you run your mod and don't want to hunt every bug you can introduce into untouched area of gameplay.

If you can please give me at least hints how to run them from laucher or together with code of custom mod from workshop (i.e. Ns2+ or UWE hotfix).

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited April 2016
    lua_test hasn't been used nor updated since over 2 years. Last time I did run them about every third test case failed so running them wouldn't be helpful at all.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Honestly I think we should just get rid of it... not very useful, and just clutters up search results.
  • ZycaRZycaR Join Date: 2002-11-12 Member: 8263Members
    lua_test hasn't been used nor updated since over 2 years....
    Why I'm not happy with this answer ?
    Is there another option how to automatically (and quickly) test if my/yours/anyone's lua scripts didn't break some basic mechanic of game ?