Some Quality-of-Life Improvements

cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
With the advent of controversial ideas and the promises of supposedly game-changing new content, I think it's time to consider some QoL improvements that can will improve the game as a whole.

Some ideas...

AO and reflections suck badly and thus need improvement, also still waiting for other form(s) of AA;

Not too important, but, crouch-jumping in this game doesn't work very well, improve it please;

Remind me again what use rifle-bash has?

Comments

• cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    Also I'm curious, why is NS2 netcode so performance-intensive compared to other shooters?
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited April 2016
    coolitic wrote: »

Rifle bash is all that is left from the plan that every marine weapon was going to have an alternative action or firemode. I'd like to see it removed due to it being a remnant of an unfinished feature that will probably never be finished, but some people want to keep it for the 'cool factor.'

Other than that, yeah this game needs a lot of engine improvements or a complete engine change. Model transparency is another on the list of unsupported features, which kept the alien structures from looking like how they were intended.

xMDWOq5m.jpg
  • AeglosAeglos Join Date: 2010-04-06 Member: 71189Members
    Rifle bash has melee damage for critically injured skulks and can cancel reloads to bait aliens. Its plenty useful.
    edited April 2016
    Aeglos wrote: »
    and can cancel reloads to bait aliens. Its plenty useful.

Really? Good to know. However, pretty sure that wasnt the point of it and don't know why we cant just have the fire button cancel reload or just not have either.
  • RevanCoranaRevanCorana Join Date: 2015-08-14 Member: 207125Members
    edited April 2016
    Rifle bash is also faster than switching to pistol
    I'd like a "revealed" icon appearing while being scanned as an alien, similar to how parasited icon works as a marine.
  • ChrisStarkChrisStark Germany Join Date: 2016-02-11 Member: 212895Members, NS2 Playtester
    As Alien your teeth Flash when you are revealed.
  • CyphurixCyphurix England Join Date: 2014-07-21 Member: 197547Members

ayy lmao
  • RevanCoranaRevanCorana Join Date: 2015-08-14 Member: 207125Members
    ChrisStark wrote: »

I meant when playing without viewmodels.

I meant because an icon would have be more clear for indicating when it ends.
  • sotanahtsotanaht Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179215Members
    With the advent of controversial ideas and the promises of supposedly game-changing new content, I think it's time to consider some QoL improvements that can will improve the game as a whole.

Some ideas...

AO and reflections suck badly and thus need improvement, also still waiting for other form(s) of AA;

Not too important, but, crouch-jumping in this game doesn't work very well, improve it please;

Rifle bash can cancel a reload. That is its primary use.
    Still curious as to why NS2 netcode is so performance-intensive. Who can answer this?
  • ChrisStarkChrisStark Germany Join Date: 2016-02-11 Member: 212895Members, NS2 Playtester

In NS2 Vanilla you can't play without view models.