Creature size variants + updated behaviour

supermangsupermang Australia Join Date: 2016-03-16 Member: 214286Members
Mucked around in creative mode and noticed that now the game has different creature sizes! So far I've seen small, normal, and large sandsharks and stalkers. Seems to randomly pick a size as well when using the 'spawn' command.
awevo08dv5zb.jpg
8vfzooelp7g8.jpg

Also did they recently update how creatures behave?
- Stalkers now try to 'pick up' seamoths and knifes from your hand.
- Biters and bleeders chase after small fish and sharks.
- Stalkers attack nearly everything in sight.

Have they started to implement this card already? https://trello.com/c/y3Up6zAc

Comments

• Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    Yep. Finally, creature size variations is in the game. Here's another example with a YouTuber who found an abnormally sized reefback.

That's awesome! Also, @supermang doesn't that sandshark in your first pic have two tails? XD
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    They need to rework creature behaviour badly. Because the game map is limited and replayability will only work with intelligent creature play and strategic diversity. It's also important to do before they can plan creature attacks on bases that actually work.
  • supermangsupermang Australia Join Date: 2016-03-16 Member: 214286Members
    Yep. Finally, creature size variations is in the game. Here's another example with a YouTuber who found an abnormally sized reefback.

That's awesome! Also, @supermang doesn't that sandshark in your first pic have two tails? XD

Haha yeah looks like it, doesn't it? Seems like the sandsharks like to stick together and that big one got two little ones clipping its butt.
    edited April 2016
    Different sizes might explain a phenomenon I had lately:

Saw a giant reefback of incredible size rotating in the ocean. Thought it was a bug. But it seems it simply was a reefback sized so big, that it would collide with everything. Thus spinning eternally. It was a nightmare of a reefback.

Oh, and I forgot, but now we could get a giant shocker queen eating our seamoth.
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
    zetachron wrote: »
    Oh, and I forgot, but now we could get a giant shocker queen eating our seamoth.

Can you post a pic? I'd like to see!
  • BobythebeeBobythebee France Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214045Members
    Haha, here the return of flipping Reefbacks
  • crane476crane476 United States, Tx Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206850Members
    Imagine a giant reaper o.O
    edited April 2016
    zetachron wrote: »

Can you post a pic? I'd like to see!

Could ... Could ... (Darwin-Evolutions reads above and ...) ... yes, I'd like to see that too.
    crane476 wrote: »
    Imagine a giant reaper o.O

One that grabs the cyclops? I rather want those tiny little cute ones that grab the seamoth ...
  • supermangsupermang Australia Join Date: 2016-03-16 Member: 214286Members
    Hm as of 31604 I can't find the larger sandsharks anymore. The 'spawn' command only give one size of creature again. Can any dev tell what the plan is with creature size variations in the future?