More survival?

zallonzallon germany Join Date: 2016-04-05 Member: 215351Members
I dont know how you feel, but lately i have the feeling that if i start a new game, the survival aspect disappears very fast.
15 minutes into the game, and i have the habitat builder. 3 seconds for building the first room. And iam safe.

So my idea was
1. Drastically Increase the costs of building something. Just a handful of titanium for a whole rooms?
2. You have to take more care of your base, constantly repairing or cleaning it, or it starts to rust.
3. More violent enviroment.
4. Making the time to build something longer.
Yes we are in the future and spawning things out of nothing is awesome. But i would love to see the habitat builder turn into a drone (similiar to the ones building the seamoth and cyclops) this drone would fly around the room you want to build and does this automatically. It just needs 2 or 3 ingame days for a Multipurpose Room, 1 day for a Corridor. (In my eyes more realistic together with the higher costs)

Comments

• NecromNecrom The Grave Join Date: 2016-04-07 Member: 215444Members
    I agree, maybe it should be titanium ingots instead of just a little bit of Titanium. As well as taking more time.
  • AegilAegil Perth, Australia Join Date: 2016-03-26 Member: 214833Members
    As long as you can set up multiple builds at once, I'd be down with this.
  • Cyan_ideCyan_ide South Africa Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 209992Members
    I think that's a good Idea. It gives you more time to use the life-pod which I don't think you use for long enough.

You should spend I'd say about 4 to 5 (maybe more) in-game days before you have enough resources to build and expand.