Player population

RanzomsRanzoms Join Date: 2016-04-04 Member: 215309Members
So I am just about ready to buy the game but there is just one concern I have. If I buy the game, Will i find no-one playing? Now i have looked at the steam chart but I want to know for myself. Is the player population dead or still going. And if so, will there be only one or 2 servers up or more than that. I have one game which is pretty much dead 2/3rds of a day. While it most likely won't be a waste of money, I just want to be sure. Thanks for responding. ^-^

Comments

• FoxyFoxy United Kingdom Join Date: 2014-08-19 Member: 198032Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    NS2 doesn't have the largest community, but it is still active at all levels (rookie servers, intermediate servers, high-skill competitive games). If you take the time to learn the game, be confident in your abilities and persist, you will recognise NS2 as what it is, one of the best PC games ever made. Period.

Hope to see you in game :)
  • RanzomsRanzoms Join Date: 2016-04-04 Member: 215309Members
    Well, that clears up a lot of my fears. With that in mind, I'm going to get the game. i might be on tomorrow, but idk. Thanks for the info!
  • FoxyFoxy United Kingdom Join Date: 2014-08-19 Member: 198032Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    No worries, you made the right choice! If you use Discord, there is an NS2 server where you can ask any questions (you will have questions, trust me).

https://discord.gg/0TKQwZWu7JCzifl5
  • HostilianHostilian Join Date: 2003-01-07 Member: 11982Members
    Just back after a very long absence (from NS1).
    I had the same concerns about players - and checked the steam charts - before buying NS2 (a few days ago)..
    No issues so far. Maybe more will come back! :smile:
  • woozawooza Switzerland Join Date: 2013-11-21 Member: 189496Members, Squad Five Blue
    Ranzoms wrote: »
    So I am just about ready to buy the game but there is just one concern I have. If I buy the game, Will i find no-one playing? Now i have looked at the steam chart but I want to know for myself. Is the player population dead or still going. And if so, will there be only one or 2 servers up or more than that. I have one game which is pretty much dead 2/3rds of a day. While it most likely won't be a waste of money, I just want to be sure. Thanks for responding. ^-^

@Ranzoms @Hostilian
    Welcome to NS2 :)
    Make sure you click on the server browser "ALL" to see all NS2 servers. Then you can find other game modes as well as 24+ slot servers called "NS2Large".
    The filters may be a bit hidden and some people wont find those servers. The NS2 community is much bigger as it looks with the first visit in the server browser.

Have fun exploring the beauty of NS2!
  • DilligafDilligaf Join Date: 2014-05-25 Member: 196238Members
    edited May 2016
    Ranzoms wrote: »

Buy the game it has more content than the price they ask you for it, it ain't a counter strike size community but the ones that do play, play this game daily and seeing the same people actually makes it more pleasant IMO because you know who has your back and who doesn't.