POWER CELL CHARGERs!!!!

Comments

• HaliosHalios Oz Join Date: 2015-11-27 Member: 209514Members
    Looks like my old breadmaker.

I hope it can do pizza dough too.
  • ShuryCZShuryCZ Czech Republic Join Date: 2015-07-07 Member: 206047Members
    IKR? :D does it work in experimental? Is it good? I decided to put experimental games aside for now.
  • nitay1998nitay1998 Isreal Join Date: 2016-02-21 Member: 213278Members
    edited April 2016
    vs8bd0ocsuut.jpg
    n3xpqlfarvdt.jpg
    You can see in trello that the next update that is going to be this April going to be called "the machinery update" and will probably going to have battery and cell charging stations
  • DinkelsenDinkelsen Graz Join Date: 2015-10-05 Member: 208309Members
    ShuryCZ wrote: »
    IKR? :D does it work in experimental? Is it good? I decided to put experimental games aside for now.

This is just the 3d model. There is still a lot of work missing before we can build it in our base.
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    Oh, good! Usually my cyclops sits there not doing anything because I'm so reluctant to use up its power.
  • TentacleTentacle Germany Join Date: 2016-04-03 Member: 215298Members
    It will be very funny to see people installing powercell rechargers in their cyclopseeses.... ;)
  • AegilAegil Perth, Australia Join Date: 2016-03-26 Member: 214833Members
    Tentacle wrote: »
    It will be very funny to see people installing powercell rechargers in their cyclopseeses.... ;)

Given how the Cyclops Power Efficiency Module currently works, that actually might be a workable strategy. :(
  • crane476crane476 United States, Tx Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206850Members
    Aegil wrote: »

Given how the Cyclops Power Efficiency Module currently works, that actually might be a workable strategy. :(

The cool thing is they are currently planning on increasing the max power of the cyclops x6 on trello, along with some other awesome upgrades for it.
  • IcewaveIcewave Canada Join Date: 2015-11-02 Member: 208906Members
    crane476 wrote: »
    Aegil wrote: »

The cool thing is they are currently planning on increasing the max power of the cyclops x6 on trello, along with some other awesome upgrades for it.

Im quoting your quote about a quote
    that took me way to long to type...
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    nitay1998 wrote: »
    "the machinery update"

So we've had the agricultural revolution and now the industrial one. Is it just going to be stuff like the chargers and the scanner/map room or will it include a lot more?
  • Alrekr_IronhandAlrekr_Ironhand New Hampshire, US Join Date: 2016-03-22 Member: 214677Members
    One hopes that among those Cyclops updates will be an additional upgrade slot or two. I can see the Seamoth being limited to four upgrade slots, it's small and there's not a lot of room to cram them in there. But there's lots of room in the Cyclops.

And I'd still like to be able to place a couple of solar panels on the sail for surface recharging.

Right now, I'm having trouble finding Cyclops depth compensator fragments.
  • KlinnKlinn Lost in a cave Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214022Members
    On the latest experimental build 31310, I found tons of Cyclops Pressure Compensator fragments in the BloodKelp Trench wreck (coords -1208, -332, -390). Previous to that, I found some in the Grand Reef wrecks.
    Right now, I'm having trouble finding Cyclops depth compensator fragments.

Spread around grand reef. I go there for the moonpool and come away with that, cyclops depth thingy, nuclear reactor and thermal plant.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    Dinkelsen wrote: »
    ShuryCZ wrote: »

This is just the 3d model. There is still a lot of work missing before we can build it in our base.

Yes, this whole recharger idea and even doing on Trello started january 20th this year and was put back for programming difficulties until recently the artwork for both stations started and finished in less than a day each. Programming still isn't done, as the cells on both subs weren't really items and handled as recharging menus rather than really replacing items. The same with tools holding batteries as you couldn't extract old batteries as items.

But I think it's less actual coding than more checking old code doesn't interfere. Especially now that batteries could get a charging value stored with the item. So it's possible that it appears any day now, plus if you consider that this month update focus is on machinery.
  • j0ndavj0ndav Bristol Join Date: 2016-03-17 Member: 214373Members
    I hope this doesn't make it TOO easy though - infinite power and ultimate safety in the cyclops may make bases somewhat pointless except for the cool factor.
    Alos, that new cyclops voice is nowhere near as good as the old one :(
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    j0ndav wrote: »
    I hope this doesn't make it TOO easy though - infinite power and ultimate safety in the cyclops may make bases somewhat pointless except for the cool factor.
    Also, that new cyclops voice is nowhere near as good as the old one :(

+9000

I reckon bases will always be useful. Farming plants and fish. Even if you're not farming them, I'd want to keep specimens of everything. The cyclops isn't fast either. Most of the time I prefer to scoot around in the seamoth. So I'd still have bases with moonpools for recharging (and growing food). I've tried the cyclops as a mobile base but even putting aside the issue of power, I didn't like it. I can see why some would but for me it's for deep water exploration or transport in areas unsafe for the seamoth.
  • frazmifrazmi Kentucky Join Date: 2016-03-19 Member: 214471Members
    IMO, rechargeable batteries should be an upgrade. A rechargeable power cell would take a Power Cell x1 + Mercury x1. Likewise a rechargeable battery should take a Battery x1 + Mercury x1. (I picked mercury only because I haven't found any use for it yet.) And, just like IRL, the rechargeable units should have a max number of recharges (perhaps 20) before they give out. And finally, the original and rechargeable units should be interchangeable (battery <-> rechargeable battery, power cell <-> rechargeable power cell)
  • ArtylicArtylic Join Date: 2016-01-07 Member: 211050Members
    edited April 2016
    YES PLEASE!! I need this! I want to not worry about power. Make it somewhat harder to get (like the base filtration system and the nuke generator) so its rewarding.
  • ArtylicArtylic Join Date: 2016-01-07 Member: 211050Members
    Oh, good! Usually my cyclops sits there not doing anything because I'm so reluctant to use up its power.

100% my story also >_<
  • Alrekr_IronhandAlrekr_Ironhand New Hampshire, US Join Date: 2016-03-22 Member: 214677Members
    Actually, I like the new Cyclops AI voice better than the old one. I'm trying to figure out what it reminds me of.

• RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    Actually, I like the new Cyclops AI voice better than the old one. I'm trying to figure out what it reminds me of.

As i said in another post, im pretty sure my cyclops is about to hit puberty. its new voice gives me the creeps everytime i enter it nao :fearful:
  • badgerfrothbadgerfroth Darlington UK Join Date: 2016-04-10 Member: 215599Members
    The voice almost reminds me of Hal from '2001'

'Yes, Dave.'
  • everdbesteverdbest Malta Join Date: 2016-04-10 Member: 215607Members