WOAH!!!

IcewaveIcewave Canada Join Date: 2015-11-02 Member: 208906Members
check this out so i looked inside the nuclear reactor and there was nothing but i checked out the bio reactor and you can see a picture of a house and trees (look in the green windows from the inside )i think take a look
https://sketchfab.com/models/f518859b40ff498ea23116f51962b5a1

Comments

• IcewaveIcewave Canada Join Date: 2015-11-02 Member: 208906Members
    Easter egg i think
  • Calarand77Calarand77 lurking in general forums Join Date: 2016-01-22 Member: 211786Members
    Ha ha, yeah, I suppose they will have to change that reflection map to something more game appropriate before they release this model.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    edited April 2016
    And this

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://sketchfab.com/models/c756008a83de477aa056de2f1fc7d39e/embed&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen="true" webkitallowfullscreen="true" onmousewheel=""></iframe><p style="font-size: 13px; font-weight: normal; margin: 5px; color: #4A4A4A;">
    <a href="https://sketchfab.com/models/c756008a83de477aa056de2f1fc7d39e?utm_medium=embed&utm_source=website&utm_campain=share-popup&quot; target="_blank" style="font-weight: bold; color: #1CAAD9;">Nuclear Reactor</a>
    by <a href="https://sketchfab.com/fox3d?utm_medium=embed&utm_source=website&utm_campain=share-popup&quot; target="_blank" style="font-weight: bold; color: #1CAAD9;">Fox3D</a>
    on <a href="https://sketchfab.com?utm_medium=embed&utm_source=website&utm_campain=share-popup&quot; target="_blank" style="font-weight: bold; color: #1CAAD9;">Sketchfab</a>
    </p>

You know that this month update will be named machinery update and include scanner room, interior reactors for power generation, battery & cell recharging stations and ScottT's cyclops changes (not the chipped upgrades).
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    I've just detected an error on the Trello roadmap for Subnautica. It says thermal and nuclear reactors for interiors. But the models are bioreactor and nuclear reactor. This makes far more sense, as those 2 reactors need a constant feeding of resources, which is better managed through containers from the inside, so that you can mass harvest to containers and easily feed the interior reactors.

This, and the fact that interior reactors are shielded from potential creature attacks, would give them back their usefulness. Players whose base might have been cut off from power through creature attacks might want some interior emergency power system. And assuming the base could get a creature defense system it might be better to power a system defense from within or otherwise the best attack strategy is to cut the outer energy support to lower the system defenses and then crush the powerless base.

Still, I'd like to see the bioreactor be able to consume rotten biomaterial to make it more useful. Or we get a 3rd machine that can dispose any stuff that gets inside.

Finally the models imply the reactors will be positioned at the round room center, although they might fit the edges. Let's wait and see.
  • DinkelsenDinkelsen Graz Join Date: 2015-10-05 Member: 208309Members
    Icewave wrote: »
    ... and you can see a picture of a house and trees (look in the green windows from the inside )

I ferar this house is just a generic reflection map that is used while displaying the model.

But the new ractors do look cool!

edited April 2016
    Coranth wrote: »
    We will be changing it so that the bio reactor can use any kind of plants, not just the mushroom discs and kelp plants that it currently uses, which should give farming an additional use.

I believe I speak for players everywhere when I say this: THANK YOU!

yes, yes you do the bioreactor used to be such a hassle with this it will be waaaay better
    oh and @Squeal_Like_A_Pig will the bioreactor tweak be released in the machinery update?
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    Yup, there was an error on the Trello board. It should have said Bio Reactor instead of Thermal Reactor. Thermal will stay outside. We will be changing it so that the bio reactor can use any kind of plants, not just the mushroom discs and kelp plants that it currently uses, which should give farming an additional use. Interesting idea about using rotten biomaterial, though, that could be a nice bonus.

And yes, the Bio and Nuclear Reactor will be positioned in the center of the generic rooms, similar to how the Large Aquariums work.

Interesting. I do believe that using rotting biomaterial is a good way to prevent inventory from being wasted. Would this apply to all biomaterial or just flora, because I'd love to use some rotting Reaper to power my base
  • nitay1998nitay1998 Isreal Join Date: 2016-02-21 Member: 213278Members
    These tow things thought aren't that importent since base energy isn't a problom in subnuatica all you need to do is build some soler panels and you have energy So sure it's cool that they they would look like that but they won't be realy useful
  • DinkelsenDinkelsen Graz Join Date: 2015-10-05 Member: 208309Members
    nitay1998 wrote: »
    These tow things thought aren't that importent since base energy isn't a problom in subnuatica all you need to do is build some soler panels and you have energy So sure it's cool that they they would look like that but they won't be realy useful

This is true and false at the same time. :-) It is true that you can build solar panels at the surface and route energy to everywhere on the map if you can get a route built. There are areas on the map where solar power is your only viable fuel free power source (like atop the Giant Coral Tree where I built my last main base) and relying on solar power alone has drawbacks. At night, there is no power, so you need a lot of panels to store energy for the night. If you have a water filtration machine running, you have more problems.

Then, there are the deep places of the world. In the Lost River biome, solar panels will do exactly nothing. I do not know if there are thermal vents planned there so fuel free power could very well be a problem. Thats why I am very happy about the "new" bio-reactor (and the nuclear plant, too) that even lets me grow the fuel for the reactor.

Sure, we can route power down to the center of the world (I tried it, 3000m over almost 60 nodes, it works) but then, there are creatures, maybe they will at some point be able to attack our structures. I can imagine maintaining a kilometre-long power line that fails every other day won't be that thrilling...

(Minor nit-pick: at the moment, every plant can be grown in every biome, which I am certain isn't very realistic. Thinking technically a bio-reactor is sort of a second degree solar power plant / thermal power plant. Energy comes from the sun (or thermal vents) and is "stored" in living orgaqnisms. When they die and decompose, the energy is released again and can be harvested by the bioreactor. Growing creepvine in the Lost river next to a bioreactor would be handy but to a certain degree defies its purpose)
  • DefectiveDelfinDefectiveDelfin Planet earth Join Date: 2015-07-19 Member: 206262Members
    oh boy i cannot wait for the update.That said,i feel that solar panels will need to be nerfed a bit to make these reactors viable.Perhaps make it so the bigger the base,the more energy is needed,solar panels have a hp that will slowly deplete due to fish being curious and investigating it by biting it or stalkers mistaking it for metal because its shiny and taking a bite or solar panels lose their effectiveness at a very high depth (80m? that's the safe shallows max depth).That way, the other reactors might see some use.

Maybe,you could make some of the deeper areas not have thermal vents (lost river e.g) so the player can use the vegetation or uranium to power their base instead of always relying on the solar panels or thermal plants.Either way,its still up to you devs.Great work on the models too!
  • 2ugly2ugly USA Join Date: 2015-03-03 Member: 201677Members
    If its the reflection map. Those are very funny looking in game now. Sometimes not transparent as they should be making it appear you are somewhere in the shallows but aren't. If they can't use an appropriate reflection map they should just not use them. Otherwise it looks out of place and annoying to look at.
  • nitay1998nitay1998 Isreal Join Date: 2016-02-21 Member: 213278Members
    Here is how the bio and nuclear reactors are going to look(from trello):jsk8xe53p6ql.jpg
    The nuclear reactor
    yg32569vwd2d.jpg
    The bio reactor
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    omagawd, they look sexah!
  • ChimpXChimpX Join Date: 2015-07-25 Member: 206391Members
    Hmm... I've having a hard time imagining that nuke reactor inside a Cyclops.... Where would it go?
  • starkaosstarkaos Join Date: 2016-03-31 Member: 215139Members
    Would be nicer if we could see them inside a Multipurpose Room to see their size. Just by looking at the image, I would not know if they would work like the Large Aquarium where there is only room for one or if I can have 4 in the same room. Of course we have dev confirmation that it will work like the Large Aquarium, but not everyone read this thread to see the dev confirmation.
    ChimpX wrote: »
    Hmm... I've having a hard time imagining that nuke reactor inside a Cyclops.... Where would it go?

Chances are that all power for the Cyclops will come from Power Cells. So no Solar Cells, Bio Reactor, or Nuclear Reactor for the Cyclops.
  • Sigil_ThaneSigil_Thane Oklahoma, USA Join Date: 2016-01-03 Member: 210855Members
    starkaos wrote: »

Chances are that all power for the Cyclops will come from Power Cells. So no Solar Cells, Bio Reactor, or Nuclear Reactor for the Cyclops.

That would suck.... I can picture either one going just behind the Seamoth hatch at the forward end of the drive shaft.
  • DefectiveDelfinDefectiveDelfin Planet earth Join Date: 2015-07-19 Member: 206262Members
    starkaos wrote: »
    Would be nicer if we could see them inside a Multipurpose Room to see their size. Just by looking at the image, I would not know if they would work like the Large Aquarium where there is only room for one or if I can have 4 in the same room. Of course we have dev confirmation that it will work like the Large Aquarium, but not everyone read this thread to see the dev confirmation.

Yep.The devs have said that the eould fit in the middle of the rooms like the large aquarium.
  • IntrepidHIntrepidH Florida Join Date: 2015-12-09 Member: 209838Members
    Call me crazy but I remember when they had the model for the reaper leviathan and you could see something similar in the reflection of its eyes like this :P