SteamVR 360° Panoramic Backgrounds

ZavaroZavaro Tucson, Arizona Join Date: 2005-02-14 Member: 41174Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
Hey guys,

I recently received my Oculus Rift in the mail, and was honestly quite surprised with the support for things. One thing that caught my eye is the ability to add 360° panoramic images to your background when you are walking around in default VR space.

I've added my first one, and panorama of Bridge in Biodome, chosen due to the limited number of cinematics which might not ghost properly on my terrible image composite editor. I'll put more up as I make more, and get better with this software.

Bridge - ns2_bidome

Feel free to try it out!

If you're interested in making your own, it must be an 8192 x 4096 image. You can upload it regardless of owning a VR kit by installing the SteamVR stuff on Steam.

In SteamVR,
* Select the top dropdown menu, where it says SteamVR,
* Select Workshop
* Select Upload Background

You will need a thumbnail, 400 x 300 in JPG or PNG format, and your background in JPG or PNG format.

Don't forget your selfie sticks!

Comments

• BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Stitching errors in thumbnail. Do not want. (jk jk)