upcoming changes to exo

2»

Comments

• WakeWake Join Date: 2003-03-05 Member: 14351Members, Constellation
    edited April 2016
    remi wrote: »
    What if you need to flash your flashlight twice to lock it, and three times to unlock?

I think you should use morse code; flashlighting "OPEN" opens the exo, "CLOSE" closes it.

For reference, that would be _ _ _ . _ _ . . _ . to open and _ . _ . . _ . . _ _ _ . . . . to close. That way, no one will be able to steal your exo, trust me.

Try this one :

--- .--. . -. - .... . ... -. .. .--. -.. --- --- .-. --- -. --- ... -.-. .... .- .-. --. .. -. --.

Help : http://www.unit-conversion.info/texttools/morse-code/

remi: WE HAVE RULES HERE
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    I'd also like to awesome @remi 's edit, but I can't unfortunately..
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    I'd also like to awesome @remi 's edit, but I can't unfortunately..

I second the motion!

All in favor of finding a random @remi post and match @Wake's awesome here say "aye"

psst remi this would be much easier if you were to slap down a comment here ya git
  • simbasimba Join Date: 2012-05-06 Member: 151628Members
    Exos should drop on the ground like guns do when killed. They become "broken" on the ground, and marines can attempt to recover them, if it's not destroyed by the aliens. Makes them a little less anti climactic when a marine instantly loses their 45pres investment cause aliens pack-played him. If he bought a shotgun there'd at least be a chance to get it back!

Bonus points, marines who were in exosuits get ejected when it dies with 0 armor and only a pistol.
  • WakeWake Join Date: 2003-03-05 Member: 14351Members, Constellation
    What the snip ? :D
    Aye !
  • alsteralster Join Date: 2003-08-06 Member: 19124Members
    Anyone can get in the com chair. How do you force him out of the cc? Yes, you're right you vote to eject him. Marines should be able to vote to eject(literally) someone out of an exo if he takes your exo. Voting at its' best.
  • remiremi remedy [blu.knight] Join Date: 2003-11-18 Member: 23112Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester
    Glad you appreciate my handiwork. :D
  • Legend_BossLegend_Boss UK Join Date: 2014-02-27 Member: 194394Members
    How about when someone leaves their exo it enters a sentry mode? I presume all the necessary animations are there already and you could possible transfer/adapt the already sentry lua to this system?

I would much prefer my sentry going into a sentry mode than allowing some noob jump into the exo. If you do go down the route that someone else can jump into the exo, then the purchaser of the exo, should have his exo highlighted a different colour on the map and be able to press E to eject the current user allowing him to get in. This should be in two actions: first to eject the current user and wait for that animation to end; second, to enter it yourself within 30 secs from the previous person being ejected or its unlocked for everyone again.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Seriously, how big an issue is people stealing your exo. Has it actually happened to anyone?
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Nordic wrote: »
    Seriously, how big an issue is people stealing your exo. Has it actually happened to anyone?

Definitely not to me. I can't imagine that this is a regular problem for anyone, and even if it happens, due to ns2's nature you'll likely be able to sort it out via voice chat anyway.

I mean come on, how many griefers do we really have?
  • Legend_BossLegend_Boss UK Join Date: 2014-02-27 Member: 194394Members
    As a reminder/overvirw to the people not capable of following a forum thread.

This thread is in response to upcoming changes and discuss the potential problems it may cause and how to address them before they become a problem. If there are going to change something, best to get it right in the first place.

NS2 intends to expand its player count and I am still seeing a lot more rookies recently. Best to have the right mechanics in place than allow a problem to arise.