upcoming changes to exo

Legend_BossLegend_Boss UK Join Date: 2014-02-27 Member: 194394Members
edited March 2016 in NS2 General Discussion
I couldn't help notice in the Trello board that you are going to allow or are considering the option to allow Exosuits your to be used by other players.

While i understand that sometime someone may have a lot of res and can afford a spare exo or will be leaving the server so may want to purchase an exo for another player, i think this is a bad change.

Often when I purchase an exo, I also purchase a welder. This is because I can't always rely on other players to weld me or have a welder. So when I fall back to weld myself, I see a few players approach my exo as if they are trying to take it (something I am guilty of doing myself, even though i know I can't take it (for the time being). Unless I have an option to secure the exo to me by default I see this becoming a nuisance.

I do like the auto eject that was proposed.

Comments

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2016
    You can currently steal an exo if someone gets out. I am pretty sure you can, but it sounds like you have tried recently.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Solution: Add exo car keys. Upon purchase of an exo they are added to weapon slot 6. If you leave an exo you have to drop them with G so someone can pick them up and use the exo.

Used exo dealerships for b294 confirmed

Also it's about time I get a new video card so I can actually get off the forums again
  • WakeWake Join Date: 2003-03-05 Member: 14351Members, Constellation
    Solution: Add exo car keys. Upon purchase of an exo they are added to weapon slot 6. If you leave an exo you have to drop them with G so someone can pick them up and use the exo.

Outdated, oldfashionned, at the age of keyless cars ??? Come on

Yup, it's time you get a new video card :D

Ok, I want my Exo with GPS, Blue with a white stripe, chrome exhaust, and it doesn't start if I'm drunk or I don't fasten the safety belt
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Wake wrote: »

Ok, I want my Exo with GPS, Blue with a white stripe, chrome exhaust, and it doesn't start if I'm drunk or I don't fasten the safety belt

I want a lowered suspension.
    Don't ask how. Just do it.
  • CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Wake wrote: »

I want a lowered suspension.
    Don't ask how. Just do it.

I need my lift-kit in my Double Bro-Fist Exosuit with some chains hanging off of it.
  • Legend_BossLegend_Boss UK Join Date: 2014-02-27 Member: 194394Members
    Nordic wrote: »
    You can currently steal an exo if someone gets out. I am pretty sure you can, but it sounds like you have tried recently.

I've not tried it recently but have in the past (long time ago) and couldn't take it. Maybe it's currently optional / server based.

If it is possible to take an exo, then why does it say "Let other players use your exo" as a task to do?
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Nordic wrote: »

I've not tried it recently but have in the past (long time ago) and couldn't take it. Maybe it's currently optional / server based.

If it is possible to take an exo, then why does it say "Let other players use your exo" as a task to do?

You can use someone elses EXO, there is just a delay from them getting out, to you being allowed to get in, thats off course to avoid someone stealing it, because the guy got back to base, got a welder and started welding it himself :P
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Maybe you look at an exo, and HOLD E instead of pressing E to unlock it instead of entering it? Just a thought.
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited March 2016
    BeigeAlert wrote: »
    Maybe you look at an exo, and HOLD E instead of pressing E to unlock it instead of entering it? Just a thought.

Hold E to lock, hold E again to unlock, press E once to enter. A visual aid such as a short progress bar would help greatly.
  • FoxyFoxy United Kingdom Join Date: 2014-08-19 Member: 198032Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    I think there should be a skyrim/fallout lockpicking minigame to steal an Exo. :trollface:
  • develdevel Join Date: 2014-09-13 Member: 198444Members
    Foxy wrote: »
    I think there should be a skyrim/fallout lockpicking minigame to steal an Exo. :trollface:

Fades are already trying that.
  • Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
    Just don't remove the exosuit fist of ultimatuly (yes it's a word)
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    While at it, how about some Exofall?
    Foxy wrote: »

Nonono, not lockpicking, hotwiring. But if connect the wrong wires your GPS HUD doesn't work.
  • SaltlickSaltlick Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177347Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    MaxAmus wrote: »
    You can use someone elses EXO, there is just a delay from them getting out, to you being allowed to get in, thats off course to avoid someone stealing it, because the guy got back to base, got a welder and started welding it himself :P

If this is true, then what's the issue? How long is the delay? Maybe proximity lock would be more effective.
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    _INTER_ wrote: »
    While at it, how about some Exofall?

Someone mod this let's go
  • remiremi remedy [blu.knight] Join Date: 2003-11-18 Member: 23112Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester
    What if you need to flash your flashlight twice to lock it, and three times to unlock?
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    remi wrote: »
    What if you need to flash your flashlight twice to lock it, and three times to unlock?

No more of this flashlight business Remi the powernode was confusing enough, what's wrong with using soft press and long press, short press E to enter, long press E to lock/unlock
  • Legend_BossLegend_Boss UK Join Date: 2014-02-27 Member: 194394Members
    Saltlick wrote: »
    MaxAmus wrote: »

If this is true, then what's the issue? How long is the delay? Maybe proximity lock would be more effective.

Not keen on a proximity unlock. I have died before whilst welding my exo and was able to return to it. The proximity method would mean when I died it would have become unlocked
    remi wrote: »

I think you should use morse code; flashlighting "OPEN" opens the exo, "CLOSE" closes it.

For reference, that would be _ _ _ . _ _ . . _ . to open and _ . _ . . _ . . _ _ _ . . . . to close. That way, no one will be able to steal your exo, trust me.
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Aren't we trying to simplify ns2 without adding morse code flashlight passwords? Frankly, I enjoyed it when you couldn't get out of your exo. It encouraged teamwork to stay alive.
  • WakeWake Join Date: 2003-03-05 Member: 14351Members, Constellation
    I always dreamed about an ejection device that has a 2 seconds fuse time (faster than getting out)
    Should I eject ? Make the decision before it's too late.
  • Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
    Imagen if the exosuit had a stomp damage. Then imagen playing on Nexus and just jumping down on that Onos and just minigun the shit out of it!
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    Wait I have an idea. What if exos, were suits of armor that slowed you down, but allowed all the normal movements of a default marines, but slower. They could then also purchase welders, shotguns, hmgs, gls, fts, grenades, etc.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    I want exo insurance.
    While I'm in my exo, I don't gain pres, but I'm eligible to a free replacement single gun exo every five minutes, provided I didn't die to an Onos or kill myself.

I'm gonna stop now.
  • remiremi remedy [blu.knight] Join Date: 2003-11-18 Member: 23112Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester
    Solid ideas in here guys. Really liking the flashlight morse code passwords.