Latest Experimental Build - Caution!

CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
The Devs have implemented it as they said they would: Limited O2 in Bases; it does NOT regenerate, but you don't LOSE O2 either. What this means is that if you've got large water park aquariums you NEED Brain Coral in your tank planters, so get a knife and cut a brain coral sample ASAP!

Comments

• Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    There was a bug with the base O2 in that has been fixed, but probably not made it into the experimental build.

Once fixed, it will work like this: unpowered bases will have no O2, your oxygen will deplete when inside an unpowered base, but as soon as power is added / restored the base will have O2 again.
  • BugzapperBugzapper Australia Join Date: 2015-03-06 Member: 201744Members
    That's what I like to see.

O2 generation by electrolysis of seawater is a piece of cake, and would be achievable as either a by-product of the water filtration system or a stand alone generator. The hydrogen component could be further refined to run a high powered fusion reactor.
  • Space_JesusSpace_Jesus Join Date: 2013-02-01 Member: 182732Members
    Bugzapper wrote: »
    That's what I like to see.

O2 generation by electrolysis of seawater is a piece of cake, and would be achievable as either a by-product of the water filtration system or a stand alone generator. The hydrogen component could be further refined to run a high powered fusion reactor.

Yeah, what he said! . . . Air.
  • CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
    There was a bug with the base O2 in that has been fixed, but probably not made it into the experimental build.

Once fixed, it will work like this: unpowered bases will have no O2, your oxygen will deplete when inside an unpowered base, but as soon as power is added / restored the base will have O2 again.

Duh, sorry... well, at least we now know it was a bug!
  • VorgVorg AZ Join Date: 2016-03-23 Member: 214717Members
    Of course blueprints are still screwed up. From What I can tell, there is now only one place to get Solar panels:
    Wreck16 Safe Shallows 343, -16, -190 SeaGlide (1)
    SeaMoth (1)
    Solar Panel (3)
    And guess what, Only got 1 for solar panel. Got the Sealglide and Seamoth, both of which are nearly useless to build now since metal first spawn has been greatly reduced and respawn removed, so no copper to make the batteries you burn through. I went back several times and had to re-open the door every time, but no more frags.

Add to that, Sand Sharks are now mass swarms all over the place along with suckers and other nasty stuff making it more work then fun to go out.
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    Vorg wrote: »
    Of course blueprints are still screwed up. From What I can tell, there is now only one place to get Solar panels:
    SeaMoth (1)
    Solar Panel (3)
    And guess what, Only got 1 for solar panel. Got the Sealglide and Seamoth, both of which are nearly useless to build now since metal first spawn has been greatly reduced and respawn removed, so no copper to make the batteries you burn through. I went back several times and had to re-open the door every time, but no more frags.

Add to that, Sand Sharks are now mass swarms all over the place along with suckers and other nasty stuff making it more work then fun to go out.

I prefer it only have certain fragments in certain biomes. Who wants to have everything in the safe shallows? Yes, it can be vary frustrating to have so many predators near where you want to go, but it does add to the tension. Those though biters (both the red ones in the relatively shallow seas, and those orange ones way down deep) are a pain in the proverbial.
  • VlaadVlaad Join Date: 2012-10-03 Member: 161403Members
    Myrm wrote: »

I prefer it only have certain fragments in certain biomes. Who wants to have everything in the safe shallows? Yes, it can be vary frustrating to have so many predators near where you want to go, but it does add to the tension. Those though biters (both the red ones in the relatively shallow seas, and those orange ones way down deep) are a pain in the proverbial.

Increased difficulty is more than welcome imho. However currently balance is all over the place. Silver is overspawning while "expendable" copper has become most difficult item to get in game so much so that I risked being eaten by reaper just to get batteries... Radsuit requires 4 bateries and its quite necessary because radiation blocks crucial fragments. Builder one, welder one, power cell 2 copper and its needed for bay & seamoth 1 each, and so on.

So, while increased challenge and force to think of alternative methods to explore (IE NOT using seamoth) is GREATLY appreciated from my side i would give a big thumbs down on copper being rarest metal.

My last (hardcore) game has pretty much been combing for 4 hours different biomes for copper and in total took ~70% of my game time. After getting the seamoth, basically committed suicide when battery was near death rather than "going by foot" again on a quest to get moonpool. Later I read that its actually in very deep wreck (360m ish). Guarded by 2 shockers. In a narrow entrance. Not an appealing concept I must say.

I gather it will get better in time though, it WAS experimental in the end.
  • KlinnKlinn Lost in a cave Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214022Members
    Vorg wrote: »
    SeaMoth (1)
    Solar Panel (3)

Please don't take that list I assembled as gospel, it's just what I happened to experience during one particular experimental build.

At this point I believe it's safer to say that wrecks in the Kelp Forest, plus that one in the Safe Shallows, are likely to generate fragments for the Solar Panels, SeaMoth, and SeaGlide. If you don't find them in one, check the others and hopefully the RNG gods will roll your way and you can complete all three blueprints.
  • raven2010raven2010 USA Join Date: 2015-05-28 Member: 204980Members
    yes the new blueprint system is just added and they're still experimenting with it I believe the communications relay is going to have something to do with blueprint hunting so everybody needs to chill the hell out and wait.

Early Access build have these problems.

if you cannot handle it you're welcome to play another game until this is fully implemented.
    think about it kids the devs had Blueprints in all the right places before with those little safe boxes, you really think they're going to make that mistake again they know what to do. give them time writing code is not an easy task
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    This is why I play the stable version. I get the new toys later, but they're generally working correctly.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    raven2010 wrote: »
    if you cannot handle it you're welcome to play another game until this is fully implemented.

or
    Sidchicken wrote: »
    This is why I play the stable version. I get the new toys later, but they're generally working correctly.

Ive got my main savegame in the Stable version for when i feel like playing without much trouble. Then when i feel like trying out the new stuff (with the risk of them being buggy) then i jump over Experimental and start a new game. Like that i get the best of both worlds and frustration doesnt ensue