Concept Art by Myself and ideas

ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
So I went and made some concept art for different things we could use in the game. I'll share them with you guys as well as some other ideas I have.

A shared locker system: This has been brought up a bit where the contents of your lockers are shared around your base. This would be a good system for fabricators, workbenches, upgrade consoles, etc so we can just pull resources from our lockers without having to drag it all out. It could also work as a way to transfer items from the base to a Seamoth, Exosuit, Cyclops, or any other vehicle we have.

Corridor between large aquariums: Some of you are probably wondering what the heck? Well, if we use a glass corridor between two rooms with large aquariums then we could connect them for some interesting farming

Accessing your vehicle's inventory while driving: You know that moment when you go exploring in your seamoth and get trapped by dangerous fauna and are low on hunger but you remember you packed some? Too bad you have to go out where the fauna are when it should be easy to access the inventories of you or your vehicle while piloting it. Specifically vehicles we can't walk around in.

First off is the Exosuit Bay, while I was making the concept art I thought about how upgrades would work and then I figured it out.
4exluh9tdepj.jpg
I feel like the part circled in red can be removed and replaced with a few other parts on either arm. These are:
  • Pod Launcher Attachment (Launches Crash Pods, Gasopod Grenades, Floaters, Flares, etc.)
  • Mining Attachment (The current drilling device on its right arm)
  • Hand (The left hand it has)
  • Transfuser (A modified transfuser for use with the Exosuit, needed for collecting DNA samples of dangerous fauna like the Sea Dragon Leviathan, Reaper, Crabsnake, Etc)
  • Stasis Rifle (Just like most of these, a modified tool for use with the Exosuit. Drains power from the suit instead of a battery. 5% longer duration of field 5% faster charge speed. Power consumption increased by 10% Field size increased by 2.5%)
  • Propulsion Cannon (2% increase in reach and launch force)
  • Repulsion Cannon (4% increase in knockback)
  • Stalker Blade (Upgraded Knife for the Exosuit. Made with a knife, 2 titanium, 2 stalker teeth, and 1 silicon rubber. Twice as long as a knife and needed for hacking into thicker plant life or Lost River Bones)
These are just a few ideas, other upgrades could be on the shoulders of the Exosuit for lights, a builder, etc.

Enough playing around. Here's my concept art, complete with a stasis rifle arm mounted on the wall.
gmzaka4hv7en.jpg

Next up is my concept of a Large Vehicle Docking Bay. Basically a dock for the Cyclops (And maybe the Draconis if it's included). This would be a corridor with a port on one end and on top. On one side you could build an upgrade station and the other can have lockers built in for storage.
eu84rru28txs.jpg

Finally is something @04Leonhardt would love to see. Another parasitic creature that I call the Eyevores. These demon spawn are similar to the cave crawlers except they have their eye on the front and armored plating. The benefit is that they're slower and can't jump as high.
0edc9tydwmh2.jpg Enjoy this lovely piece of the Eyevores slowly digging into a feast of Alterra Corporation employee while the ship burns in the background.

Comments