Unable to deconstruct base windows while inside, Not enough quartz to make another glass.

Nebuchadnezzer2Nebuchadnezzer2 Join Date: 2015-08-27 Member: 207513Members
So i may have made the mistake of deconstructing my hatch, and before rebuilding it, finishing off a window in the room i was about to build the hatch into.
And since i can't deconstruct the windows from inside the base, and don't have a second quartz to make a glass and finish the hatch, i'll be dying of thirst/hunger unless i go back in and spawn a quartz i can grab.

Dunno why we can't deconstruct the glass from inside. I can understand the rooms/corridors, but the glass seems to be something you should be able to remove, much like the reinforcements [don't have one, can't test and see if I can deconstruct that from inside]

Build 30230, March 2016.

Comments

• ADM_NtekADM_Ntek Join Date: 2016-03-18 Member: 214456Members
    edited March 2016
    that is odd that should work i know in newer versions it does. in this case i would recommend you use the console and enter kill that will Teleport you to the escape pod.
    http://subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Debug_Console_Commands
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    edited March 2016
    Dunno why we can't deconstruct the glass from inside. I can understand the rooms/corridors, but the glass seems to be something you should be able to remove, much like the reinforcements [don't have one, can't test and see if I can deconstruct that from inside]Build 30230, March 2016.

Ive always been able to deconstruct everything (which includes windows) from the inside of a room/corridor. in your case its definitely a bug so the use of the console would be recommended to fix your issue. i know using the console feels like cheating but in cases where you're clearly facing a bug, its not cheating its just using the tools put at your disposal to remedy such issues.

Keep in mind that its a early access game we are playing, so we are basically playtesters. situations like this can and will happen which is why the console was put at our disposal :)
  • eastofdeatheastofdeath usa Join Date: 2016-02-28 Member: 213559Members
    edited March 2016
    Some times I have to get real close to a window to make deconstruct work, and aim at the edges.
    So close if I was a window licker, I could partake.