lifepod still swim away

Alex_INFERNOAlex_INFERNO Russia, Moscow Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214036Members
I've fix everything inside lifepod, appear message about activation of grav. anchor but lifepod still moving away and not holdits previous position. maybe we add to game physical old iron heavy anchor with metal chain? it was more sturdy.

Comments

• RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    I've fix everything inside lifepod, appear message about activation of grav. anchor but lifepod still moving away and not holdits previous position. maybe we add to game physical old iron heavy anchor with metal chain? it was more sturdy.

hah! :smiley:
  • BobythebeeBobythebee France Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214045Members
    I've fixed the panel inside the lifepod, in stable build i can't interact with it, now playing experimental and that's fine :D

I've noticed some shaking when standing in the lifepod but no movement
  • Alex_INFERNOAlex_INFERNO Russia, Moscow Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214036Members
    Shaking - yes, but when i've stand inside the lifepod and use on-wall-manufacturer I noticed that smok flow aside but not up. When i leave lifepod from bottom hatch i saw that it flowing... slow but nonstop with speed 1-2 m/sec. On previous versions before that updates (where miss our blueprints) its location was sustainable.
  • AegilAegil Perth, Australia Join Date: 2016-03-26 Member: 214833Members
    I'm playing stable and I've just had this problem too. Heck, it's drifted so far south that while trying to retrieve it, I shot right past the floating island.
  • ADM_NtekADM_Ntek Join Date: 2016-03-18 Member: 214456Members
    it isn´t just drifting mine Teleported itself into oblivion must have reached the end of the solar system by now.
  • StrakhaStrakha UK Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214944Members
    I had the problem slightly at times in my games (stable version), and it always drifted back again. This was early game, the first few hours of play. It now seems to be completely fixed in place (though I don't go in there much anymore).
  • CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
    What might be realistic is that it should drift, UNTIL you repair it, and get the Gravity Anchor back online; then it should 'lock' wherever it is.
  • Alex_INFERNOAlex_INFERNO Russia, Moscow Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214036Members
    Coranth wrote: »
    What might be realistic is that it should drift, UNTIL you repair it, and get the Gravity Anchor back online; then it should 'lock' wherever it is.

As i said before - its happen AFTER i've fix ALL items inside, so anchor was active. But moving of lifepod still continue
  • BobythebeeBobythebee France Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214045Members
    In stable version i've had a pod who have drifted to the dunes ^^ Apparently the consequences are very variables. Your pod can just slowly drift ingame or teleport itself when your reload. One day, my Cyclops teleported itself near a cliff when i've entered.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    Probably the fix activating the gravity anchor is pulling it to an unknown anchor position. I wouldn't have a problem with that if I've found at least a single energy reactor tech by then, but nope, not even in wrecks.

That's like reworking breathing with a new lung, but the lung arrives a week after the new breathing when everyone already went out of air. Or hiding the new lung and telling didn't you read the memo.
  • AegilAegil Perth, Australia Join Date: 2016-03-26 Member: 214833Members
    I actually had it happen yet again, this time to the west. Ran out to it in a solar-powered seamoth and found it. I couldn't exit the seamoth and the listed biome was safe shallows. I don't know enough about coding to guess at the problem.
    edited March 2016
    Maybe we just don't know about some kind of invisible life form on that planet? That creature just like to steal a lifepods swiming around and after all to eat it... Do you remember that cracked lifepods... i think it was that creature's dinner. :#

:p:D

But if in serious i think here we've got a similar problem with this one: http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/141095/something-wrong-with-objects-physics-and-coordinates-after-reloading-game#latest
  • JhadarSyJhadarSy Join Date: 2016-03-29 Member: 215030Members
    Had this problem with my first save game. Lifepod reported gravity anchor was online. I'm not sure I actually ever saw the pod moving while the game was running. But every time I'd reload the save game the pod would appear further and further NorthWest. Since I still had no power for my new base, I had to scrape that game and start over.

So it appears code somewhere is updating or overwriting the lifepod position - perhaps when it was written to the save game.
    JhadarSy wrote: »
    So it appears code somewhere is updating or overwriting the lifepod position - perhaps when it was written to the save game.

Yes pal, looks like we've got situation where objects' position (any object!) just not logged in save-file. Each time to start a new game - not good and its annoy and bore...
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    At least the solar panel tech is now to be found early and easy. So I can relax again.

We should get a personal log we can write with entries for each day. Like

"Day 2 - Now after the Aurora exploded I finally could create a welder and repair my lifepod. Soon afterwards the lifepod started shaking and went off to an unknown location in the outer sea. Unfortunately I just was at my newly constructed base and could only get there a last time to get all my stuff out of the storage. Tomorrow I'll have to fabricate things in my new homebase."

"Day 3 - I'm doomed. I've visited all wrecks in the area around me, but no tech about powering a base to be found. If anyone reads this, remember never to use unreliable gravity anchors again. Or just sink your lifepod (if you can) to the ocean floor and nail it down. On a side note, maybe Alterra could equip its lifepods with a starting power tech blueprint."
    edited March 2016
    zetachron wrote: »
    At least the solar panel tech is now to be found early and easy. So I can relax again.

We should get a personal log we can write with entries for each day. Like

"Day 2 - Now after the Aurora exploded I finally could create a welder and repair my lifepod. Soon afterwards the lifepod started shaking and went off to an unknown location in the outer sea. Unfortunately I just was at my newly constructed base and could only get there a last time to get all my stuff out of the storage. Tomorrow I'll have to fabricate things in my new homebase."

"Day 3 - I'm doomed. I've visited all wrecks in the area around me, but no tech about powering a base to be found. If anyone reads this, remember never to use unreliable gravity anchors again. Or just sink your lifepod (if you can) to the ocean floor and nail it down. On a side note, maybe Alterra could equip its lifepods with a starting power tech blueprint."

.. :'( (sniffle) what a sadness story... i need a drink... a lot....

:D
  • Dex_LutherDex_Luther Montreal, Qc Join Date: 2016-03-26 Member: 214839Members
    Strakha wrote: »
    I had the problem slightly at times in my games (stable version), and it always drifted back again. This was early game, the first few hours of play. It now seems to be completely fixed in place (though I don't go in there much anymore).

I've had this too. I'd leave through the bottom hatch, and sometimes I'd be in shallow water. Sometimes there would be a scary deep dark abyss under me. The pod eventually floated back to the shallows. I figured that the movement was part of the game. I guess not.
  • JacaraJacara Washington Join Date: 2015-06-11 Member: 205391Members
    On one of my builds I tried to pin it with platforms...I failed
    instead it got pinned on my base and jabbed into a corner lol
  • BeyogiBeyogi Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215162Members
    Coranth wrote: »

As i said before - its happen AFTER i've fix ALL items inside, so anchor was active. But moving of lifepod still continue

I've experienced the same thing. As soon as you repair the lifepod it starts to drift off. It pretty much screwed up my last game. I didn't get the necessary stuff/blueprints to get independent of the pod in time and now I'm basically screwed since it's moving away with swimming speed.
    in a new version it allways fixed as i see...