power problem

suncloudrainwatersuncloudrainwater Join Date: 2015-10-17 Member: 208538Members
the power is unstable, I mean, it go crazy, 60 go to 65 and drop to 62. the power doesn't charge anymore, it just go up and down repeatly

Comments

• suncloudrainwatersuncloudrainwater Join Date: 2015-10-17 Member: 208538Members
    no one gonna help me ???
  • The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    I've had a similar problem, and I finally nailed down the source.
    Do you happen to have any floodlights attached to your base?
  • etherealyandereetherealyandere UK Join Date: 2016-03-04 Member: 213830Members
    I've got the exact same problem; my powers fluxuating from 300 to 200 to 300 to 100; the constant A.I messages are driving me crazy!
    The_Shark wrote: »

I have one a floodlight and two spotlights attached to mine; are they responsible?
    I'm not sure about floodlights, but spotlights will actually eat up about 1 point of power every few seconds. If you're relying on solar panels for power, it results in very noticeable fluctuations. I once had like 17 spotlights and a bunch of solar panels on my base. I was just deep enough that throughout the day, the computer kept flickering between "Emergency power only" and "Power restored, all primary systems online." Drove me crazy, I eventually just killed the floodlights, but you could just add a secondary power source large enough to keep it above zero at all times.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    I've got the exact same problem; my powers fluxuating from 300 to 200 to 300 to 100; the constant A.I messages are driving me crazy!
    The_Shark wrote: »

I have one a floodlight and two spotlights attached to mine; are they responsible?

Ive experienced weird behaviors from my solar panels in my games, in that sometimes the power they provide to the base fluctuate in strength. One way to find out if its that is to go out of your base and look at your solar panel (or any power source youre using to power your base) and look at the blue'ish energy line that links them to the base. If theyre not behaving properly, the power line will blink from time to time, thus separating youre powersource from your base for a second.

This eventually happens in all my games over time and its mainly the solar panels being he culprits. the only way ive found to temporarily solve this problem is to deconstruct the powersource then reconstruct it.
    Rainstorm wrote: »
    Ive experienced weird behaviors from my solar panels in my games, in that sometimes the power they provide to the base fluctuate in strength. One way to find out if its that is to go out of your base and look at your solar panel (or any power source you're using to power your base) and look at the blue-ish energy line that links them to the base. If they're not behaving properly, the power line will blink from time to time, thus separating your power source from your base for a second.

I've had that same thing happen, even when the solar panels were built directly onto the foundation. I fixed it the same way you just said.