TOP 5 coolest SUBMARINES in SUBNAUTICA

DoubleJDoubleJ UK Join Date: 2016-02-25 Member: 213425Members
Hello everyone!
I am returning with another one TOP list.
This time its submarines!
As allays i await for your critics and suggestions, help me grow!!!
Thank you!

Comments

• DigicideDigicide UK Join Date: 2016-03-05 Member: 213856Members
    Awesome! That is such a cool video man! Im going to have to check out your channel after this
  • eastofdeatheastofdeath usa Join Date: 2016-02-28 Member: 213559Members
    I cant wait to see the last 3 in game. After 130 hours I lost my 1st seamoth "Beebe 1" Sub do to a reaper.
    She went to the bottom with a lot of supply's and upgrade tech for the seamoth. :)
    As I was swimming for my life I swear I saw her brake up in to many parts, sadly I died 350m deep and a
    hungry reaper after me.
  • LightdevilLightdevil Austria Join Date: 2015-06-10 Member: 205381Members, Subnautica Playtester
    Nice vid, first i was... but theres only two..? then i realised the ones not implemented count aswell :D hopefully the shark will be implemented for very long range travel, but that would only be sensible if we actually get a huge map so lets see.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    The video is good as the other I've seen. There's only one problem:

The devs have no man power to support and develop more than the seamoth and cyclops. They have a hard to keep time the frame for their release and a lot of other work to do. The cyclops itself is still underdevelopped and needs more work to finish, taking an awful lot of time to get it done. And the exosuit is going to come and will need much of work too.

That means we'll probably stick with the 3 vehicles - seamoth, cyclops, exosuit. 4 if you count the seaglide. 5 if could use a future grappling hook of the diving reel to attach to a creature.

My personal favorite sub is #1: the sharklike sub (artwork of Pat Presley, seems to have no name). The style is a mixture between agility/aggression (like the draconis) and a passive observation sub (like the cyclops). The size is too big for the game though. I'd rather love to see this sub smaller and mid sized, more as an advanced seamoth for operating against sea dragons, because the cyclops doesn't look or feel agile at all.

But to get another sub would be a miracle.
  • DoubleJDoubleJ UK Join Date: 2016-02-25 Member: 213425Members
    zetachron wrote: »
    The video is good as the other I've seen. There's only one problem:

The devs have no man power to support and develop more than the seamoth and cyclops. They have a hard to keep time the frame for their release and a lot of other work to do. The cyclops itself is still underdevelopped and needs more work to finish, taking an awful lot of time to get it done. And the exosuit is going to come and will need much of work too.

That means we'll probably stick with the 3 vehicles - seamoth, cyclops, exosuit. 4 if you count the seaglide. 5 if could use a future grappling hook of the diving reel to attach to a creature.

My personal favorite sub is #1: the sharklike sub (artwork of Pat Presley, seems to have no name). The style is a mixture between agility/aggression (like the draconis) and a passive observation sub (like the cyclops). The size is too big for the game though. I'd rather love to see this sub smaller and mid sized, more as an advanced seamoth for operating against sea dragons, because the cyclops doesn't look or feel agile at all.

But to get another sub would be a miracle.

hey thanks!
    yes Shark like submarine... most favorite. Maybe one day we will have something similar. Imagine gliding through Subnautica with that monster, would be cool huh ? :D
    DoubleJ wrote: »
    hey thanks!
    yes Shark like submarine... most favorite. Maybe one day we will have something similar. Imagine gliding through Subnautica with that monster, would be cool huh ? :D

I hope this game sells well and we can see a Subnautica 2, where we can build underwater cities, dive with that kind of sub to the depths of 10000m and below, meeting even more strange lifeforms of Subnautica.
    hey thanks!

I hope this game sells well and we can see a Subnautica 2, where we can build underwater cities, dive with that kind of sub to the depths of 10000m and below, meeting even more strange lifeforms of Subnautica.

Yes, acually what i would really want in Subnautica is Co-op. I know developers don't have enough resources right now but imagine Subnautica 2, with all those ships, clan system, (building those would require huge amounts of resources). The way i see it could be great game one day. Imagine building Shark type sub and exploring 10 000+ meters deep, were only the biggest of creatures live. awesomeness
  • PingonautPingonaut IL, United States Join Date: 2016-03-14 Member: 214214Members
    Yes, acually what i would really want in Subnautica is Co-op. I know developers don't have enough resources right now but imagine Subnautica 2, with all those ships, clan system, (building those would require huge amounts of resources). The way i see it could be great game one day. Imagine building Shark type sub and exploring 10 000+ meters deep, were only the biggest of creatures live. awesomeness

Don't need to wait til Subnautica 2, I think the developers have simply stated that they won't work on Co-op until after the full release.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    I kinda wonder how you would be able to drive those huge subs around the world, I mean some areas are quite... Limited in terms of SubDrivingRealEstate :D
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    I kinda wonder how you would be able to drive those huge subs around the world, I mean some areas are quite... Limited in terms of SubDrivingRealEstate :D

world and biome sizes I think would need to be adjusted possibly make them 2 or 3 times larger, which pretty much equates to the map size being scaled up the same way.
    Kouji_San wrote: »

world and biome sizes I think would need to be adjusted possibly make them 2 or 3 times larger, which pretty much equates to the map size being scaled up the same way.

I think it should be much more larger if we ever get those submarines. Last sub in the video looks few times longer then Cyclops and right now with Cyclops you can swim from one end of the map to another in fairly small amount of time (taking that new Submarine will be much more faster then Cyclops).

By the way, i am thinking that those huge Submarines should have nuclear reactors since right now Aurora is powered by nuclear fusions. Not to mention that we have real life submarines powered the same way. Wouldn't it be cool to gather materials, salvage Aurora for parts, build new tech. I really wish that this game could grow as it has splendid opportunities awesome ideas. Imagine Grand Theft Subnautica type game one day.
  • Seamothwizard44Seamothwizard44 Join Date: 2015-09-17 Member: 207995Members
    The 3rd and 5th submarines are CONFIRMED to be in the game! :)
    The 3rd and 5th submarines are CONFIRMED to be in the game! :)

Oh WOW!!! can you please link me the info were did you found that ?
    Man for real ??? SO EXITED! :)
    The 3rd I found on steam (Somewhere) made by the devs. the 5th one was just a teaser originally but it's now going to be added (Has room for a cyclops.... wow)
    The 3rd I found on steam (Somewhere) made by the devs. the 5th one was just a teaser originally but it's now going to be added (Has room for a cyclops.... wow)

well then, i hope this is true. i would really love to see them in Subnautica.
    i am missing more submarines at this time. i have Seamoth, Cyclos, what else can i build ???
    I am waiting for Shark very verry much :)
    No way the game gets a bigger sub than the cyclops, sorry to say that. That's simply not realistic. I've seen enough of the game world with plans and the roadmap. Most underwater game areas are just big enough for cyclopse passages and those are already critical. The ILZ and Lava Cave would be big enough for a greater sub, but the entrances surely not. The cyclops has hull upgrades for 3000m depth and it looks rather like end game depth was cut and limited to 1500m. The cyclops right now hasn't still got its upgrades and there is still no heat map and tech limits for the depth.

So much work to do to get the cyclops and deep zones to work together and the roadmap dreams of an August release. The devs already have to work like mad to stay close to the roadmap with only the cyclops.

No, lets rather hope for a successful Subnautica, so we can see more fantastic subs in a Subnautica 2.
    No way the game gets a bigger sub than the cyclops, sorry to say that. That's simply not realistic. I've seen enough of the game world with plans and the roadmap. Most underwater game areas are just big enough for cyclopse passages and those are already critical. The ILZ and Lava Cave would be big enough for a greater sub, but the entrances surely not. The cyclops has hull upgrades for 3000m depth and it looks rather like end game depth was cut and limited to 1500m. The cyclops right now hasn't still got its upgrades and there is still no heat map and tech limits for the depth.

So much work to do to get the cyclops and deep zones to work together and the roadmap dreams of an August release. The devs already have to work like mad to stay close to the roadmap with only the cyclops.

No, lets rather hope for a successful Subnautica, so we can see more fantastic subs in a Subnautica 2.

(Ahem!) Bro.... ever heard of a terraformer?! :/
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members

(Ahem!) Bro.... ever heard of a terraformer?! :/

the terraformer will soon be removed cuz its a gamebreaker tool. its fun to use but the performance issues it causes is so great that after awhile your games become unplayable framerates-wise. Plus, no ones going to terraform the entire map just to make subs like the Cyclops or bigger ones fit better everywhere lol. Bigger subs than the cyclops would be cool to have, yes, but in all honesty they would indeed not fit about just anywhere in the gameworld.
    They might keep it, they may expand the map....
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    They might keep it, they may expand the map....

i hate to kill your hope right there friend, but no, the terraformer isnt staying :'( And i do hope as well that the map will be expanded to receive more Biomes like the Twisty Bridge biome !

What about the warper? that's just big enough for a cyclops to follow through, and, if it doesn't.... cyclops dissection classes!!!!
    I've heard from the brother of one of the relatives of a hypothetic friend of the devs that they plan to hire a team of 23 new designers to create a secret alien giant underwater labyrinth with a warper city and a totally crazy new titanic sub called "Sub 9", that has a built in terraformer bazooka front mounted, labelled "this raptor king ping", so it can go wherever it wants, completely with full autonomous AI named "Dodo". Unfortunately it got lost and it's rumored that it reappeared after time travelling to the game past and was the original shaper of the Subnautica world when it was still a jungle planet with only a small pond. In the end game you are confronted with Sub 9 and Dodo to stop his mission to seek the planet core and sing him to sleep with a recording from a mating call song you took of the Sea Emperor while in his prison waiting for females far too long.

Although I'd really like to know what happened to the subs 6, 7, and 8. And is there really a sub after Sub 9?
    What about the warper? that's just big enough for a cyclops to follow through, and, if it doesn't.... cyclops dissection classes!!!!

this is actually a great idea!
    new worlds, new spaces to explore, and maybe in other territory you could find fragments for bigger ships :)
  • dargan012dargan012 Hungary Join Date: 2016-03-28 Member: 214957Members
    If they can make a big creature like the Sea Emperor Leviathan then they can make bigger submarine too ;)
    dargan012 wrote: »
    If they can make a big creature like the Sea Emperor Leviathan then they can make bigger submarine too ;)

YES! you are 100% right. If Emperor is not big enough for the whole Subnautica map why Nr1 Submarine should be ???