Early Access Gameplay Montage - Subnautica

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond

imageEarly Access Gameplay Montage - Subnautica

Here is a new video showing off some Subnautica Early Access gameplay. What do think of it? This video will probably be used on the Steam, Xbox Preview Program, and...

Read the full story here

Comments

• HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Bump for comment thread
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    I love it :) you show most of the main creatures and some of the issues we run thru while playing which is good. ive got one comment tho: while the choice of music is cool, why not take one from the game's amazing soundtrack? thats what i would've done :) Otherwise its a great vid i think
  • eastofdeatheastofdeath usa Join Date: 2016-02-28 Member: 213559Members
    I cant wait until you are done the wonderful work you started.
    I love Subnautica and hope you make a Sub-load of $$$ to continue more great works.
    Thank you devs of Subnautica for a Great game and for the chance for me to watch it be developed.
  • j0ndavj0ndav Bristol Join Date: 2016-03-17 Member: 214373Members
    great video, love it!
  • nitay1998nitay1998 Isreal Join Date: 2016-02-21 Member: 213278Members
    Great music Great game Great preview 10/10
  • TribeofoneTribeofone Eagle River Alaska Join Date: 2015-08-22 Member: 207365Members
    Love the new track. Love the game. I keep coming back for more.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    I actually dislike the video.
    Yes the music is great and yes you see a lot of what makes subnautica good.

But thats the problem. it shows pretty much everything in-game at this moment. To few surprises left if the masses see this vid.
    Its not the same as watching howto's or casts. A trailer it ment do draw people in and advertise your game yes? Not run through new content in the entire vid.
  • ADM_NtekADM_Ntek Join Date: 2016-03-18 Member: 214456Members
    I actually dislike the video.
    Yes the music is great and yes you see a lot of what makes subnautica good.

But thats the problem. it shows pretty much everything in-game at this moment. To few surprises left if the masses see this vid.
    Its not the same as watching howto's or casts. A trailer it ment do draw people in and advertise your game yes? Not run through new content in the entire vid.

you forget the main focus of the game is exploration and to get your hands on all the things you saw.
  • Calarand77Calarand77 lurking in general forums Join Date: 2016-01-22 Member: 211786Members
    edited March 2016
    Not very fond of the music, personally. It IS a great track, but doesn't really suit the game's atmosphere, imho. Excellent montage to match the beat, though.

The vid itself could reveal a little less, leaving more for the players to actually discover/experience while going blind into the game. For example, I still remember the first time my base started leaking and how much of a shock it was to me that such a thing was possible. Same with the reaper. The first time it grabbed my seamoth I got so scared, I was screaming like a baby in front of my screen. It wouldn't have this effect on me if I saw the video beforehand - I would know the reaper can do it, there would be no surprise.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    yeh well, less to explore if so much is known from trailer. So no, I did not forget.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    Nice beat and cool video, well done. Game looks like a big underwater party with lots of fun. Only wish the cyclops would be as cool as it looks in the video though. Really time for a small cyclops update.
  • AquatarkusAquatarkus RI-USA Join Date: 2015-08-02 Member: 206674Members
    I liked it - looks good !
  • RevivedShadowRevivedShadow Australia Join Date: 2015-07-28 Member: 206468Members
    Loved it! A few small things: there wasn't much on farming or the wrecks (doesnt really matter) and I'm not sure I like the crabsnake at the end.
  • ComicalSkateComicalSkate Canada, ON Join Date: 2015-05-28 Member: 204993Members
    Oh snap! You actually took my idea! I am so happy :D
    PS: I am Evan
  • sugarfreak101sugarfreak101 u.s.a Join Date: 2016-03-25 Member: 214785Members
    hey i just want to ask what is the deepest spot you guys have got in this game mine is 1389 please tell me if you guys have gotten deeper.