Lifepod floating off to the middle of nowhere - Build 21960

zwolfiezzwolfiez Bay Area, CA Join Date: 2016-02-28 Member: 213569Members
I noticed earlier in my game that my lifepod had moved several feet away from where it started. I had a room build underneath it which is how I could tell. I didn't think much of it, left for a while (to the kelp forest) and when I came back, my lifepod had drifted miles and miles off into no-man's land. If I'm reading this right, my current location while standing on top of the lifepod is Camera world Pos.: -1822.8, 5.8, 35.2. I'm not sure where that is, but it is close enough that I can hear the Reaper Leviathan.

jol0S1O.jpg

Here you can see the Aurora barely rendered in the upper left corner

cPrLARM.jpg

Comments

• AEryon_CloudDancerAEryon_CloudDancer USA Join Date: 2016-02-28 Member: 213609Members
    Yeah I can confirm that the pod does suffer drift... I had put some Waterproof lockers down with a beacon... right underneath my pod.. in the Safe Shallows where I spawned into the game... Many game days later my pod is floating over a portion of the Kelp Forest... a bit annoying if you are using the pod as a location marker... But I guess that's what beacons are for...
  • RasandeRasande Canada Join Date: 2016-02-29 Member: 213655Members
    Yup, I can confirm this too. My life pod has floated away beyond the boarders. I don't know if there's an invisible wall at some point but if I were to go track my pod down it would take all day (real time).
  • oOBulletspongeoOBulletsponge California, USA Join Date: 2016-03-01 Member: 213681Members
    I caught mine before it got to far, you can kind of push it while you're swimming. I ended up partially beaching mine on a small shallow hump near the starting area.
  • ilemiesilemies Finland Join Date: 2016-03-19 Member: 214499Members
    My pod spawned somewhere above the dunes region when I loaded the game 2 days ago. Been keeping an eye on it since I found it way off the center of the map and can confirm it is immobile during playing and hasn't warped off to somewhere else during later loading.
  • cbfasicbfasi UK Join Date: 2016-03-24 Member: 214774Members
    edited March 2016
    I had 'closed in' the pod and it still escaped during my time off line (and out of game, game turned off), this was after I had recovered it from just over 5km from centre, now its off again...

Ok I might also have an answer ... Gravity anchor.. offline ... welder, repair it and its online, will see if it stays still now ...
  • cbfasicbfasi UK Join Date: 2016-03-24 Member: 214774Members
    The gravity anchor didnt help either :(
    Nope. It doesn't. For some reason the game either saves or loads the pod's coordinates wrong at some point as it has only happened to me when I have loaded the game.
    Oh, re-read the chain. I have not suffered drift when playing, only when loading the game.
  • Chiller2Chiller2 Join Date: 2016-03-26 Member: 214826Members
    My escape pod drifted off the map and I lost my Seamoth trying to get to it..... well I didn't "lose it" It can see the marker but chasing the Pod took the seamoth off the map and it couldn't get back and had to teleport back to the safe zone
  • ADM_NtekADM_Ntek Join Date: 2016-03-18 Member: 214456Members
    same happend to me a loaded the game and my pod was gone of into the distance i tried to find it but it was just to far.
  • The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    I had that too, but to a ridiculous extreme.
    Sorry about no pics, I'm on my laptop, I game on my main computer.

Anyway, I had just finished setting up the skeleton of my base in the Grand Reef. I exited out to go have lunch, and then came back to log back in. I looked at my beacons (I have like twelve active, not counting the Lifepod, Cyclops, and three SeaMoths), and noticed something rather odd. There's the Safe Shallows' thermal vent... there's the Aurora... there's the Mushroom Forest. Where'd the life pod go?
    So, I started turning around, and there it was, right above my Dunes marker. I figured it was a minor thing, didn't matter really, and kept playing.
    When I got back into the game the next day, it was even farther. I stood on top of Floater Isle and couldn't even see a single pixel. So, I figured I'd go over to it. I kid you not, I hopped in my SeaMoth and drove directly at the beacon for about two and a half minutes, and that's just the time after I crossed over into the Void area. Eventually, I just gave up, because I still couldn't even see one pixel. The ability to see the Aurora, or any terrain features being loaded in at all, had long passed.
    I don't know what happened there, but it's weird.