The Obliterator

The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
Alright, this is like my fourth post in a row, but all of the ideas have been thoroughly unrelated.

Something I've found is that there are a lot if items I get, especially in creative mode, that I simply don't want. Ever.

For instance, building a base in the Kelp Forest. Cut down Creepvine so the inside doesn't look weird, your inventory fills up VERY quickly with Creepvine samples.

So, what I'm saying is, does anyone else think they should add an item, maybe creative-only, to obliterate whatever items you feed to it?

Comments

• Glim1000Glim1000 Home Join Date: 2016-02-25 Member: 213442Members
    Yes!

Why not expand the builder to also deconstruct organics (turn them to seed?) and the vehicle constructor to deconstruct the Seamoth and Cyclops?

Since the creepvine inventory size change I now have 20 samples sitting on the ocean floor instead of inside in a cabinet.

Also in experimental the old Seamoth lags after the last two updates so I needed to build a new one. Would be environmentally friendly to recycle the two laggy vehicles and the organics.
  • Dracon1023Dracon1023 Join Date: 2016-02-07 Member: 212724Members
    Devs already have making an incinerator for unwanted items on their ToDo List.
  • The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    Dracon1023 wrote: »
    Devs already have making an incinerator for unwanted items on their ToDo List.

Orly? That's pretty nice to hear.

First time I tried building a super-base in the Kelp Forest, I was in creative. Every time I placed a few corridors or a MoonPool, I had to take down a Creepvine. I ended up having to drop so many that the simultaneous simulation of all those entities lagged me down to 1 fps. So, yeah, I'd love the idea of obliterating all the stuff that's useless to me.

Incinerator of Doom has my full support.
  • Sigil_ThaneSigil_Thane Oklahoma, USA Join Date: 2016-01-03 Member: 210855Members
    Devs, Please Note: Incinerator + Thermocouple (Advanced Wiring kit?) = Energy

Maybe not much... but would work in a pinch and work similar to the way that the BioReactor works (Maybe even replacing the BioReactor completely.)