Bait

The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
Alright, this is one of my more odd ideas, but what if bait?

Basically, I'm thinking that there could be two new types of item added to the game. The former is the bait itself, and it's as variable as it comes. But the latter, a cage-thing, is to hold the bait.

The only real way to explain my thoughts is an example. You go out, catch four or five Peepers. Go to the fabricator, craft them together to make Peeper Paste. It's this weird sludge stuff that basically dissolves instantly if you drop it in water. But, if you put it in the cage thing, it will attract any Stalkers within a hundred meters or so.

Not much more to say for this idea. Maybe also have bait for Sandsharks, Reapers (lure them into a cage, make life awesome), Bleeders, and so on.

Comments

• okapiroseokapirose Join Date: 2016-01-14 Member: 211395Members
    Unless the devs add the ability to collect things from said creatures (right now the Stalker is the only one who drops something), luring a bunch of predators to one area is just death waiting to happen lol

Also its not like the map isn't massive, take your seamoth out for a minute or two and you can pretty much encounter all of the mentioned and then some.

If the map was far larger, the predators fewer and more spaced out, and they offered something of value to warrant bringing them in, I could see this being a cool thing to add.
  • The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    Basically the reason I thought of this would be to make it possible to control animals to some degree.

The thing I thought of first was a pair of super-massive pens for Reapers. One is visible, one isn't. You can't control a Reaper without putting yourself in danger, so combine the bait with a big door of some type (or just removing terrain) and you have a pretty good "Summon the beast" thing going.
  • Sigil_ThaneSigil_Thane Oklahoma, USA Join Date: 2016-01-03 Member: 210855Members
    My first thought when you said Bait was almost like chaff for warplanes....

"Oh no, the Reaper Leviathan is really after me, I'll drop this bait and distract him so I can try to get away."
    "Oh no, the Reaper Leviathan is really after me, I'll drop this bait and distract him so I can try to get away."

That would be a much more practical use than me whole thing about moving between pens, and one that a lot more people would use. Kudos for that idea, sir!
  • Dex_LutherDex_Luther Montreal, Qc Join Date: 2016-03-26 Member: 214839Members
    edited March 2016
    My first thought when you said Bait was almost like chaff for warplanes....

That's what I thought when I saw the thread title. That or to distract predators while to slip by to get to a wreck or something.

Could even put a bunch around the area near your base to lessen the chance that you have some uninvited guests. Maybe certain baits could even act as a repellant for certain creatures, but attract others to have people put some thought into what they use.

Edited for typos.
    Dex_Luther wrote: »
    but attract others to have people put some thought into what they use.

Edited for typos.

I'm all for forcing people to think. Acting rashly IRL will likely get you killed, so why not in a game?