The Nope Button

The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
So, as everyone knows, we currently have the Air Bladder item. When you equip it and activate it, in inflates and rockets you up to the surface, given that you aren't in a submarine. It's essentially the "Nope, I'm out" item.

So, I had a thought. What if the vehicles each had a "nope" button as well? Basically, an escape pod.

The Seamoth could be triggered, and immediately launch that glass orb in the middle forward, and then the extreme positive buoyancy of it would rocket you to the surface at about Mach Jesus. The remainder of the Seamoth would be destroyed, but if you're in Hardcore mode, you're more worried about survival than keeping a single SeaMoth.

The Cyclops could be a bit less permanent, with an escape pod actually integrated into the roof of the bridge area. You look up, and there would be a hatch of some type. Click it, you enter the hatch, going into an escape pod integrated into the roof of the Cyclops. There's two things in there: the hatch to leave, and a switch. Hit the switch, and the Cyclops will retain its position, and the escape pod would be launched by repulsion cannons directly upward. If you return to the Cyclops later on, you can "rearm" the escape pod for the cost of one titanium ingot.

Anyone else think that, even if not what I've described here, a "nope switch" should be a thing for all submarines?

Comments

• SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    I'm not sure why we need this.
  • Dracon1023Dracon1023 Join Date: 2016-02-07 Member: 212724Members
    A seamoth basically functions as the cyclops escape pod being that the cyclops can house it. In dire emergencies, just jump in the seamoth and escape from whatever was attacking you.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    Dracon1023 wrote: »
    A seamoth basically functions as the cyclops escape pod being that the cyclops can house it. In dire emergencies, just jump in the seamoth and escape from whatever was attacking you.

Unless you are 1500m deep, face the sea emperor with his grinning sea dragon army surrounding you, while gun pillars shoot down everything that moves.

So you push the emergency button that creates a stasis shield around the cyclops for 10 seconds, get into your exosuit equipped with jetpacks and eject into the stasis sphere and escape while behind you the cyclops self destruction gives you some extra seconds to escape. Then you retreat in secret to your nearest base with a moonpool docked seamoth that brings you back to your master base.
  • Phoenix223Phoenix223 Chicago Join Date: 2016-02-18 Member: 213174Members
    edited February 2016
    The_Shark wrote: »
    The Seamoth could be triggered, and immediately launch that glass orb in the middle forward, and then the extreme positive buoyancy of it would rocket you to the surface at about Mach Jesus.

...and give you a case of the bends that could twist your body into a pretzel... assuming they implement Nitrogen sickness. Your head would explode from the sudden decrease in pressure.
    Phoenix223 wrote: »
    The Seamoth could be triggered, and immediately launch that glass orb in the middle forward, and then the extreme positive buoyancy of it would rocket you to the surface at about Mach Jesus.

...and give you a case of the bends that could twist your body into a pretzel... assuming they implement Nitrogen sickness. Your head would explode from the sudden decrease in pressure.

>>> "glass orb" <<< , maybe you forgot to read that.

And the devs even haven't implemented decompression sickness, not even to speak of supporting tech like a decompression chamber.
  • Nexus5920Nexus5920 Join Date: 2016-01-29 Member: 212299Members

Why would that happen I mean the seamoth is a submersible it's meant to keep the pressure in the sphere the same
  • Phoenix223Phoenix223 Chicago Join Date: 2016-02-18 Member: 213174Members
    Forgive me. I didn't know that getting the bends doesn't apply to submersibles.
  • FearlessWolfFearlessWolf United States Join Date: 2015-08-29 Member: 207573Members
    the extreme positive buoyancy of it would rocket you to the surface at about Mach Jesus.
    This just made my day.
  • The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    the extreme positive buoyancy of it would rocket you to the surface at about Mach Jesus.
    This just made my day.
    Thank you, I try.
    Forgive me. I didn't know that getting the bends doesn't apply to submersibles.
    It does. However, would you prefer to spend the next game day in a repressurization chamber, or just to be eaten by a Sea Emperor and lose everything you've been working for?
  • eastofdeatheastofdeath usa Join Date: 2016-02-28 Member: 213559Members
    edited March 2016
    How fast is Mach Jesus?? o:) LMAO >:)

Mach Jesus = 299 792 458 m / s = the speed of light
    How fast is Mach Jesus?? o:) LMAO >:)

Mach Jesus = 299 792 458 m / s = the speed of light

No Mach Jesus is the speed realists call when they watch something that seems impossible. Jesus was known to bend reality and work miracles o:)

That means the speed of light is not the limit and we could see arrivals before a start even happened, while we cry "Jesus, I can't believe it".