Pack hunters

The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
So, I was derping around again earlier, and had a thought.
In SN, we have several types of animals.
We have the "prey," such as Peepers, Garryfish, and so on.
We have ambush predators, like the Sand Shark and the Stalker.
We have "chase" predators, like the Bone Shark.
We have unconventional predators, like the shock-worm-fish-thing (forgot its name).
We even have ultra-massive predators, like the Reaper Leviathan and the Sand Worm.

I can't honestly think of any pack predators.
True, the stalkers sometimes spawn in groups, but they act as individuals instead of a pack.

My thought for pack predators is that their entire hunting style, like wolves, revolves around a pack mentality. When one member of the group detects you, it alerts the rest of the group. They wait for the others to get in range, then perform a group attack. One comes from below, another from above, one circles around to each side, two attack from behind, and the rest from directly in front. Each is about two meters in length. The packs number anywhere from 9 to 15 members. Appearance could be eel-like, kinda similar to a gulper eel.

Thoughts?

Comments

• nittelsnittels Austria Join Date: 2015-12-27 Member: 210441Members
    The red little aggressive fishes (not sure about their name, any piranha like biter fish) hunts in packs; more or less, they dont hunt but come in packs. For the sake of balance this is enough for me. They are a pain in the ass already but hey, a little challange is good. But make bigger predators hunting in packs would be to much imho.
  • The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    nittels wrote: »
    The red little aggressive fishes (not sure about their name, any piranha like biter fish) hunts in packs; more or less, they dont hunt but come in packs. For the sake of balance this is enough for me. They are a pain in the ass already but hey, a little challange is good. But make bigger predators hunting in packs would be to much imho.

I'm aware that Biters are meant to be pack hunters, but seven things coming from the same direction isn't really a pack mentality, its seven individuals with the same goal. I meant a type of animal that only hunts as a pack, and work as a single unit to bring down their prey.