A "control" room for your base.

Chris01Chris01 95050 Join Date: 2015-11-19 Member: 209347Members
It would be nice to have a "control room" for your base. It would either be a "map" room spin off but it would only "map" your base for leaks and show you power levels and power problem ( ie. solar panels getting plant growth on them or broken by a stalker or shorting wire. Also show what bulkheads are closed. Might also monitor air quality. Could also have a A.I.

Comments

• BobythebeeBobythebee France Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214045Members
    That could be a cool feature for the Map room, I don't think this need a dedicated room
  • The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    Maybe add the ability to do things there, instead of it just being a map room for your base. Add the ability to not only look at a 3D model of your base, but do things like close bulkheads remotely, reorient solar panels to face the sun better, things like that.
  • IronSquid501IronSquid501 Australia Join Date: 2016-03-19 Member: 214480Members
    There needs to be more "Multipurpose Room Conversions" similar to how the Aquarium can click into the middle, though more room designs would make bases look... Cooler, I guess.
  • ADM_NtekADM_Ntek Join Date: 2016-03-18 Member: 214456Members
    what i would move to see is modular rooms wehr you have seperate floor ceiling wall pieces that would even allow you to build open multi floor rooms. i like the multipurpose rooms they are nice but they are still to small once you have installed an aquarium it fells like i have to squeeze around it to get anywhere. this would allow us to build more freely and larger with a system like this a moonpool for a cyclops would be no problem. expensiv and time consuming but possible.
    another thing i would like to see is angle snapping when placing certain things i hate placing wall lockers and having them at different hights.
  • Alex_INFERNOAlex_INFERNO Russia, Moscow Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214036Members
    Great idea. Also I've wrote before - there need the power distributor and colored monitor of wall's status (good/ready to leak/leak)
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    Base control room could handle things like turning lights on/off, maybe you could paint the base the way you paint the subs?
    it could also do things like control the defenses and we are going to need those with the creature attack update in April. and maybe some automation like automatically close bulkhead doors when an area is flooding or activate a fire suppression system when needed.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    We could really need a map display for our base if the bases get bigger and bigger, I agree.

It could offer:
    • a central flood control, displaying flooded sections and breaches in the base
    • a creature scanner if that's not done by the scanner room with sending creature alarms
    • a display of future defense stations, like local perimeter shock towers
    • a permanent diaplay of base integrity and power if not generally displayed on hud
    • showing the status of interior damaged machines, like water filtration or interior reactors
    • manage interior attacks like cave crawlers coming through breaches by displaying intruders
    • activating drone defense stations that eliminate interior threats
  • Alex_INFERNOAlex_INFERNO Russia, Moscow Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214036Members
    edited March 2016
    ZETACHRON i a gree but... about alarm - good but only if we onboard right now. whats happen if we not on base? I think here can help a receiving some AI messge like a "Your Base is under attack" and in airlock/moonpool must be installed some info screen where must be displaying current sitrep
    ZETACHRON i a gree but... about alarm - good but only if we onboard right now. whats happen if we not on base? I think here can help a receiving some AI messge like a "Your Base is under attack" and in airlock/moonpool must be installed some info screen where must be displaying current sitrep

Theoretically the scanner room or this base management room could sent any alarm in form of a message through the already existing radio. So you should receive the alarm of a base through your radios in all other bases or the cyclops, but not if you're exploring outside. Maybe the radio message can be read from your pda, but then the hud should display a warning.

Not exactly a step forward from modern wireless internet tech, where nowadays you can get your house alarms via phone app. This radio is more like a relict and a step backwards in tech, unless it would simply be a modern long range router for your pda. Not to forget that pda's for display are soon past and augmented reality huds the next generation. But this game is a mix of nostalgia and futurism, where manual bulkheads, ladders and radios live next to energy based replicators that pull subs out of thin air, power beam networks and interstellar travel with dark matter and warp drives.

Maybe the reason we get no fancy AI, research computers, automatic bulkheads, gravitation shafts or turbolifts. Too overpowered and too much futurism. I don't really know what to think of it. Only that the game is the best underwater game out there.

Which brings me back to the control room. All artwork and the room of the scanner room is already there. All that would be needed are additional menus and a the ability of the map to display the build base parts in another color scheme. So in the end the scanner room could be turned into a command center. The fixed upgrade panel and menu to the wall, as well as the drone ports outside, prevent this map room to used as an modular interior construct to be fit inside a round room or the cyclops. If it would be modular, I'd break it to the following parts:
    • long range mass scanner placable on top of base constructs
    • drone ports, where drones can dock
    • a wall panel with a selection menu for what to focus on the map
    • the map table with projector to display map with different parts as interior placement in center of rooms

that'd allow more than 2 and different drones linked to a single command, maybe even:
    • scanning drones
    • defense drones
    • welding repair drones
  • etherealyandereetherealyandere UK Join Date: 2016-03-04 Member: 213830Members
    ooooooh i'd love that; imagine all the options:
    1. Shutting off oxygen to different sections of the base (someone/thing invading the base?)
    2. Changing the colour of base lighting (I just want a hot pink base)
    3. Locking bulkheads?
    4. Power distribution?
  • AegilAegil Perth, Australia Join Date: 2016-03-26 Member: 214833Members
    Given the upcoming changes, a control room that lets you power down and seal sections between bulkheads in the interests of controlling power drain would be great.
    Aegil wrote: »
    Given the upcoming changes, a control room that lets you power down and seal sections between bulkheads in the interests of controlling power drain would be great.

First the devs would need a miniature base map like the map in the scanner room. One that displays base modules. The flood display is already ingame. Then an item list for control of water, air, energy, hull integrity that allows activating these function changes by selecting the module parts on the interactive minimap.
    zetachron wrote: »
    this map room to used as an modular interior construct to be fit inside a round room or the cyclops.
    and what about 2 useless instrumental panels at left and right from helm? Any ideas about these things? One of them lookink like a COM another one - like a NAV.
    this map room to used as an modular interior construct to be fit inside a round room or the cyclops.
    and what about 2 useless instrumental panels at left and right from helm? Any ideas about these things? One of them lookink like a COM another one - like a NAV.

Do you mean the one side with the upgrade slots and fabricator panel and the other side with the resource selection and camera link panel? Because the front and back side are for corridor links to tubes or other base module connections.

That would be effectively 1 camera link panel, 1 scan select menu panel, 1 upgrade slot panel and 1 fabricator menu panel.

While the upgrade slots and fabricator panel remembers the moonpool control port that is an extra build. The map menu could be part of an extra or a second extra panel tied to the map. The cam panel though is tied to 2 cameras with docking ports and that could be handled wallside, like the exterior solution of the water filtration machine, where the inside construct got an outside wall placement. In case of a cam port it could mean 1 cam control with monitor on the inside and a tied outside port with cam drone docking. All cams could be linked and a max defined, without needing a complete new scanner room module.

Generally speaking we would have:
    • the map display projector at a room center
    • an external mass scanner device with a rotating long range scanner
    • an upgrade and fabricator port or console
    • a central selection menu to select the display mode or targets of the map
    • several cam ports linked to drones docked at the outside to manage a max set of drones per habitat

The software control would have:
    • a 3d map scan of the surface
    • a 3d map scan of the habitat base complex with all modules
    • highlighted locations that were selected as targets (resources, flora, fauna)
    • interactive control elements of habitat parts to flood, repair or defend the base
    • a hud link of the 3d surface map with target display in case one is driving the cyclops
    No Im talking about Cyclop bridge :)

Do you mean the one side with the upgrade slots and fabricator panel and the other side with the resource selection and camera link panel? Because the front and back side are for corridor links to tubes or other base module connections.

That would be effectively 1 camera link panel, 1 scan select menu panel, 1 upgrade slot panel and 1 fabricator menu panel.

While the upgrade slots and fabricator panel remembers the moonpool control port that is an extra build. The map menu could be part of an extra or a second extra panel tied to the map. The cam panel though is tied to 2 cameras with docking ports and that could be handled wallside, like the exterior solution of the water filtration machine, where the inside construct got an outside wall placement. In case of a cam port it could mean 1 cam control with monitor on the inside and a tied outside port with cam drone docking. All cams could be linked and a max defined, without needing a complete new scanner room module.

Generally speaking we would have:
    • the map display projector at a room center
    • an external mass scanner device with a rotating long range scanner
    • an upgrade and fabricator port or console
    • a central selection menu to select the display mode or targets of the map
    • several cam ports linked to drones docked at the outside to manage a max set of drones per habitat

The software control would have:
    • a 3d map scan of the surface
    • a 3d map scan of the habitat base complex with all modules
    • highlighted locations that were selected as targets (resources, flora, fauna)
    • interactive control elements of habitat parts to flood, repair or defend the base
    • a hud link of the 3d surface map with target display in case one is driving the cyclops

i think he is talking about the cyclops he did say helm.