Is there a way to get an up-to date server white list?

FriendlyNeighbourFriendlyNeighbour North Join Date: 2015-01-25 Member: 201047Members
Basically title. I know there's a way to get to the server white list if you go to your hive page and then click on "server white list" on the left hand side. The problem is that the list is totally useless. I get the same server three times, for instance.

Is there an updated list which doens't contain duplicates?

Thanks!

Comments

• BlrgBlrg Join Date: 2013-09-01 Member: 187580Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow
    Basically title. I know there's a way to get to the server white list if you go to your hive page and then click on "server white list" on the left hand side. The problem is that the list is totally useless. I get the same server three times, for instance.

Is there an updated list which doens't contain duplicates?

Thanks!

As far as I know the only problem with that list is that many of those servers are probably not working anymore (49 whitelisted servers in server browser vs 157 in hive list)
    When you see a duplicate it means that the server changed their IP and they had to be whitelisted again, but the old IP was never removed from the list.

If you want this list only to know at which server you want to join, you can see it easily ingame in the server browser. Servers with the map name in golden color are ranked (A.K.A. whitelisted)
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    White listed servers show as gold or "ranked" in the server browser.
  • SherlockSherlock Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168595Members
    Nordic wrote: »

Oh really?

I assumed the WHITElisted servers would be the ones in white. The "gold" (which to me looks light-grey) I assumed were the opposite.

That could be a lot clearer.
  • CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Sherlock wrote: »
    Nordic wrote: »

Oh really?

I assumed the WHITElisted servers would be the ones in white. The "gold" (which to me looks light-grey) I assumed were the opposite.

That could be a lot clearer.

He's not wrong...
  • FoxyFoxy United Kingdom Join Date: 2014-08-19 Member: 198032Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    The colour scheme could be considered confusing I agree, if you hover over the gold text it does give you a popup though.