[BUG] Lost all blueprints

o2bnobxo2bnobx Virginia, USA Join Date: 2016-03-22 Member: 214691Members
edited March 2016 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
Since the last update from 30293MAR-2016, all the blueprints are missing, logs and data banks are empty, and the scanner will no longer scan items or fragments.

Comments

• o2bnobxo2bnobx Virginia, USA Join Date: 2016-03-22 Member: 214691Members
    anyone else having this problem, or do I need to start a new game?
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    Sounds like you may have to start a new game :neutral:
    Started a new game and its worse. Can't swim just running on the bottom. Still no blueprints. Just will have to wait until it gets fixed, or try to reinstall
  • frydayfryday Germany Join Date: 2016-03-22 Member: 214694Members
    same here. No blueprints and fabricators shows no menu.
  • EpicIan60142EpicIan60142 Illinois Join Date: 2015-08-18 Member: 207263Members
    I've got the exact same problem
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    Same here. Unplayable game right now.
    Yes the game at this stage is unplayable. I will reinstall and try at a stable build.
  • NytmasterNytmaster USA Join Date: 2015-06-24 Member: 205751Members
    Same here and reinstall want work either BUG report has been reported
  • ADM_NtekADM_Ntek Join Date: 2016-03-18 Member: 214456Members
    same here my pda is empty fabricator and mod station are also empty. started with 30344.
    Yes, that's were it all started to come apart was at build 30344. I took it off experimental, and it updated to the last stable build. 30083 I think. I will give it time for the devs to fix it, then go back to experimental again.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    edited March 2016
    the last update (30344) seems to have broken the game for about just everyone. not sure exactly what went wrong but its definitely a build problem. i personally experience all problems that everyone described here except the fact that if i start a previous savegame i can swim in the water but i loose all the blueprints, plus my savegame itself seem bogus (lost a few lockers full of stuff in one of my base and entire rooms full of stuff dissapeared on another savegame.
    edited March 2016
    new patch is out 30357 no change on old save will try a new save now.

update
    tried new game still broken now i cant even swim i just sink like a stone.
    oh and i got textures errors now some are missing and there is some serious Z fighting on your suit.

update 2
    new patch is out 30363 pda and other devices work again.
  • VorgVorg AZ Join Date: 2016-03-23 Member: 214717Members
    Mine says 30365 and I have no scans back. Looks like I can make fresh scans, but all past scans are gone. All in game mission logs gone. It's like I started a new game, but have my stuff.
  • ViltautasViltautas HongKong Join Date: 2015-03-15 Member: 202174Members
    30365 the only thing is fix are the fabricator menu the blueprints are gone completely,like completely gone I tried to spawn it back in console it didn't work,and all menu beside fabricator are broken modification/power generation plants etc.
    i got most back with 30363 (including scans and logs) but there are some thing that i cant build even with the blueprint like the indoor growing bed and picture frames. but i haven't tried 30365 yet maybe they had do to a reset because of broken saves well that is part of being on experiential.
  • Alex_INFERNOAlex_INFERNO Russia, Moscow Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214036Members
    LAST UPDATE COMPLETELY KILL THE GAME !!! Imposible to create anything.
    Don't forget that old slogan: "An attempt to slightly improve the thing can completely ruin this thing"
    Here we've got a same situation...
    30398 got the problem back after it seemed fixed with 30365. WTF?
    LAST UPDATE COMPLETELY KILL THE GAME !!! Imposible to create anything.
    Don't forget that old slogan: "An attempt to slightly improve the thing can completely ruin this thing"
    Here we've got a same situation...

What really puzzles me is that changing the blueprint tech system they worked on ends up with a walking on ocean floor bug. Is the ability to swim handled by a blueprint system?
  • Alex_INFERNOAlex_INFERNO Russia, Moscow Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214036Members
    I can't play. I'll try to wait an 24 hours. Meanwhile I'll play in something else.
  • ThryanThryan Italy Join Date: 2015-10-17 Member: 208543Members
    same stuff is happening to me, just loaded my savegame now for the first time after a little bit less than a week and i cant see any blueprint, this means also that i cant use the fabricator and the builder. I tried to get the blueprints with the console commands but nothing happens.
    edited March 2016
    zetachron wrote: »
    What really puzzles me is that changing the blueprint tech system they worked on ends up with a walking on ocean floor bug. Is the ability to swim handled by a blueprint system?
    As I sad: "An attempt to slightly improve the thing can completely ruin this thing" One ruined thing lead to crash another things - Chain reaction.... RUUUUN!!!!!!! :smiley:
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    This is why when you opt in for experimental you take the risk that one of the experimental builds might wreck the game; I don't think anybody has cause to complain. I'm not saying anybody is complaining at all, just pointing out that by opting into experimental we take that risk. :smile:

I tried experimental for a few days but went back to stable. 1) because of the recent break >.< and 2), because I love the wonder and excitement of getting a new major stable update, starting a new game and seeing what's new, rather than have it trickle fed to me using experimental. :smile:
  • eastofdeatheastofdeath usa Join Date: 2016-02-28 Member: 213559Members
    started a new game build 30365 lots of big changes.
    today opened game build 30398, and all blueprints are gone.
    The only thing I can make is boomerang fish.
    High ho, high ho its a new game I go. B)
    Myrm wrote: »
    This is why when you opt in for experimental you take the risk that one of the experimental builds might wreck the game; I don't think anybody has cause to complain. I'm not saying anybody is complaining at all, just pointing out that by opting into experimental we take that risk. :smile:

I tried experimental for a few days but went back to stable. 1) because of the recent break >.< and 2), because I love the wonder and excitement of getting a new major stable update, starting a new game and seeing what's new, rather than have it trickle fed to me using experimental. :smile:

I once used stable versions until the stable updates got too long and switched to experimental. Can't say there were too many troubles. Sometimes you can't play for some time, but report the bugs and play with new features. An all blocking bug like this is very rare and won't turn me back to stable.
  • WheeljackWheeljack Chilling in the Grand Reef Join Date: 2016-03-17 Member: 214338Members
    I've been hit by the inability to swim in my new game as well. Reported it and went poking around in the backend tracker to see if any of the updates for today stood out. Only thing that really made me pause was this: "removed world forces from cyclops hull fragments".

Methinks world forces was removed from the player too. XD
    what i find odd is that the cant swim bug mostly Sems to effect new games in my old save i can swim just fine but in a new save i sink like a stone. at one point i spawned in a seamoth and that was also buggy has hell when you tried to rotate it would rotate you character inside the seamoth not the seamoth itself making steering very difficult.

however with 30418 i can at least built and craft again mostly some things cant be build even when i have the blueprint like the moonpool the picture frame and the plant pots.
    plantbeds can be build but i had the one with my bloodoil plants vanish :'( .
    Now with 30418 only some blueprints are still missing in creative mode. Like for example the water filtration seems gone. But it's playable again.
  • DchicoteDchicote Germany Join Date: 2015-05-26 Member: 204901Members
    Yes gentlemen, it is experimental ;)
    Dchicote wrote: »
    Yes gentlemen, it is experimental ;)

... I... know... the truth... This is an experiment... on us... :s
    30464 and back to no blueprints, walking on the ocean floor and flickering player model. I hope it's not the side effects of the new tech rework that's causing the troubles.