[Bug] Abandoned Base Generation

LordRevan86LordRevan86 Scunthorpe UK Join Date: 2016-03-18 Member: 214453Members
Hi Guys,

Whilst playing a new game I left my escape pod after fixing it to go Fragment hunting in a Kelp Forest. When I returned I found the image you can see. Looks like something wrong with the Abandoned Base Generation coding.

2KtBGnu.jpg

Comments

• Alex_INFERNOAlex_INFERNO Russia, Moscow Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214036Members
    Its not abandoned base - its a parts of sunked Wrecks. This bug constantly appear from time to time. Help here - start a new game.
    I think a reason of this bug - that doors inside those sunked wreck not 'tied' to wreck-body itself (not part of it but its own object) - i think so because i can remove it by gravity-gun in my previous games (when it was in correct position inside of wreck) but not only 'open' it by 'use'
  • LordRevan86LordRevan86 Scunthorpe UK Join Date: 2016-03-18 Member: 214453Members
    Ah ok. The Irony being they are not sunk. They have to be separate entities anyway so they can be interacted with so makes sense? Just curious how they manage to spawn in such places. Surely their generation should be specifically tied to locations? I know a wreck is supposed to be spawned in that area. The only option is to start a new game. Rather annoying.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited March 2016
    Hahah this reminds me of the Monolith from 2001 a Space Odyssey :D

I once found a floodlight like the one you found there, but nothing like this gathering of the Monoliths...
  • Alex_INFERNOAlex_INFERNO Russia, Moscow Join Date: 2016-03-09 Member: 214036Members
    Surely their generation should be specifically tied to locations

Not to location - to they own objects better. And all things around must to be tied to some 'the overall center coordinates'. In this case we will not get one item inside another (for example - player inside the rock or a seabed).
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Hahah this reminds me of the Monolith from 2001 a Space Odyssey :D

Taaaaa- taaaaaa- ta-daaaa!!! ))) (on screen growing monolith) :smiley:
  • LordRevan86LordRevan86 Scunthorpe UK Join Date: 2016-03-18 Member: 214453Members
    There were another 3 underwater as well I just put a picture of the many of them together. The good news is they had vanished after I reloaded the save game file this afternoon. So no need to start a new game. Im curious now If I had kept playing whether more would have spawned. It does look super creepy.
    Not to location - to they own objects better.

True, However they were only in the shallows and there was no wreck under the surface, So Unless the sunken wreck was many meters under the seabed they spawned on their own. Maybe that's the issue? If they spawn on their own when there is no actual wreck to centre on it would account for them not having a relevant spawn location?
    edited March 2016
    No LordRevan86, the original wrecks from these doors not under seabed here. Its a little far to 'nose' of Aurora. If we look on plan-map with direction of Aurora 'nose' at 12 o'clock that wrecks location to be at ten-half-eleven o'clock. I've got a same situation right now, but in my case above those doors appear another pile of doors - looking like an invisible house :smiley:
    DoorCeption! Im going to let it build up if it happens again. The Free light schematic made it worth while lol.