[BUG] [Build: 29912 MAR-2016] Lifepod stuck in fixed position / Strange Rendering Glitches

Halo_NothingHalo_Nothing USA Join Date: 2015-12-10 Member: 209854Members
I started a new game after the update and now I find that I can no longer push the escape pod... it's now stuck (for lack of a better term) in a fixed position. Despite much effort, even trying to use the vehicles, I was unable to move the free floating pod any significant distance (by that I mean I think it might have budged a few inches, or perhaps turned on whatever axis it's now stuck to). I used to be able to push the pod by hand to new locations if I wanted (which made sense because it was free floating) or would even occasionally drift from it's location just because it was a free floating object in a body of water. Is this an intentional change or a bug of amazing specifics? (because nothing else seems affected in this way)

Also, after the Aurora core breach explosion I will occasionally find doors and floodlights rendering above the water, or in seemingly random location, while the wreckage I assume it was meant for (teetering atop one of the giant mushroom trees) is missing all or it's doors and objects.

The console text is no longer visible making this feature difficult to use if you make a type-o... (since you can't see the mistake until you press enter and see the error message)

I know that with every new update, that other things might break. I am by no means complaining. I truly love this game, so do my children (we've all purchased copies now), but since I hadn't seen these issues come up on the forum I thought I would drop a note. Thanks again for all your hard work.

Comments

• eastofdeatheastofdeath usa Join Date: 2016-02-28 Member: 213559Members
    edited March 2016
    You can see on the wall the gravity anchor is offline until you fix the pod.

before this update I would push it over to where my 1st base would be and fence it in with vertical column's.
    Now on my 3rd play trough I just like it go, its kind of liberating lol

A lot of people complained about the pod floating off and I wondered myself way we cant anchor it to a rock.
    But a gravity anchor makes sense to me.

Maybe we can turn the Gravity anchor on/off in a the future updates. <3

Would be cool to attach a tow rope and pull it with the seamoth to a base. Pushing it is a pain in the fins.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    ive experienced this too in my most recent game created yesterday. i wondered as well if its a deliberate feature now or a bug. i guess we wont know for sure until a dev speaks on this matter