Mod Spotlight: Last Stand - Natural Selection 2

2»

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Loki wrote: »
    @kouji_San its certainly possible to time a cinematic so a drop ship does fly in towards round end time atleast on storm !
    I know, but how about... triggers to board it and fly off with marines. That's a big nope ey, but hey it would be cool to see that stuff visually on pad, frost and storm perhaps
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited March 2016
    As requested I uploaded the Last Stand sources to github:

https://github.com/GhoulofGSG9/ns2_laststand

I welcome any kind of contributions there. May it be opening issue tickets or providing code.

Last Stand might be also a good example to look at for ppl who want to start with NS2 game mode modding.
  • LokiLoki Join Date: 2012-07-07 Member: 153973Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    I have published a small update to storm
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    @SupaFred I thought the player connecting thing was an ns2+ feature which I haven't seen on any ls server. Maybe I'm wrong though, perhaps it was incorporated into vanilla at some point.
  • Legend_BossLegend_Boss UK Join Date: 2014-02-27 Member: 194394Members
    The armory should go away and have a small health/ammo return at the end of each wave.
    Marines should have a limited time to buy their preferred stuff at the beginning of the game out of a small allotment of p.res. (Things like weapons, welders, mines, jetpacks, sentries, and additional ammo)
    The game should start with a 70% marine-30% alien player ratio and have fallen marines be switched over to the alien side.
    Aliens should use a loadout system to get them out of spawn quicker.
    Have weapons level progress with the game, start at level 0 and gain a level every 3 waves.
    Games should be longer.

I think it could be fun with these additions.

There is already a game mode similar to that which has been out for a while now, but i don't see it on any server. It's called "Last Resistance" (LR). Fun game mode, when you get full server. The good thing about LR is that it had working (mostly) alien bots which were agressive so even if there weren't that many players you could still have an okay round - better with actual players though.
  • rtriplett1017rtriplett1017 United States Join Date: 2015-02-25 Member: 201543Members
    last stand is pretty dam awesome IMO
  • NS-SoldierNS-Soldier Join Date: 2013-01-16 Member: 179856Members
    edited March 2016
    last stand is fun, but gets repetitive. game always end in jetpack rape or xeno rape. there should be restricted access to certain items as waves increase aka jetpack, xeno.
    maybe set max of 15 waves. for wave 1, for marine - only have access to armory . as waves goes on, powerups like catalyst, shotgun, advanced armory shows up. even calling for meds but limited amount. around wave 10, access to prototype; for alien, start with skulk, or gorge, then lerk, fade and wave 10 for onos. set upgrades depend on kills or as waves increases.