NS1 Main Menu (now available on the workshop)

LokiLoki Join Date: 2012-07-07 Member: 153973Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
edited March 2016 in NS2 General Discussion
The ns1 main menu that myself and @McGlaspie created recently is now live on steam. Instead of the 2d image its now in 3d!, the camera angle is a bit off from the original in order to make everything fit

The mod would not be going live today if it were not for @zavaro !

For those interested in having it as a new main menu option, you can find it on the workshop here. Then all you need to do is activate the mod and select it and the music in the options menu (in game).

6CIKS6Y.jpg

NS1 Main menu for comparision
ns3-main-menu.jpg

Comments

• YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Oh hell fricking yeah! Gonna download this later, where are the lazers though :( pew pew pew
  • ArchieArchie Antarctica Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58028Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited March 2016
    really nice, this should come in handy :D

will let me get into the feel for things, i've got most of the working models, just need to finish adding in the rest of animations like death and maybe even creating some new ones.

Added to my startup _b

edit:female marine model missing shotgun on my mainmenu, probably my fault though.
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    edited March 2016
    You should post this: to make it clear. Because anyone who didn't play NS1 will not get it otherwise.
    ns3-main-menu.jpg
  • CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    That first guy is about to have a bad day.
  • ChrisStarkChrisStark Germany Join Date: 2016-02-11 Member: 212895Members, NS2 Playtester
    edited March 2016
    Really cool. I will test it, too though I like the NS2 Video Backgrounds in random setting. Nice work! Keep on the Retro feeling!

Edit:
    @Loki
    Tested it.
    1. Subscribed in workshop
    2. Mods menu -> NS1 Menu ->on
    3. Options menu -> BG and BGM -> NS1 Menu
    4. Awwww... Ohhhhh....
    5. Options menu -> BG and BGM -> Random
    6. Mods menu -> NS1 Menu -> off
    7. Restart to take effect -> blackscreen.... console works... some error in script. Now my main menu won't show up again... :neutral:
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited March 2016
    Calego wrote: »
    That first guy is about to have a bad day.

If Natural Selection could be explained away in one sentence, I think you just hit the nail on the head there @Calego :D

I'm just missing one thing here @Loki and @Zavaro, the original
    ns_titlescreen.mp3
  • Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
    they hold no guns...
  • CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    they hold no guns...

In this case, A REAALLY BAD DAY.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    they hold no guns...

Lol, they think they are holding guns... Does that count :D
  • LokiLoki Join Date: 2012-07-07 Member: 153973Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    @kouji that music is in game ! or atleast it is on my pc

everything required has been shipped with the mod so not sure why you are getting a no gun issue.

As for the script error a screen shot of it would be nice as it might help locate your issue @ChrisStark
    edited March 2016
    Main Menu Initialized at Version: 290
    Steam Id: 3468792
    [ 3.653] MainThread : Error: Unable to open 'cinematics/menus/menus_assets/rifle.cinematic' (usage 0x1)
    [ 3.653] MainThread : Error: Unable to open 'cinematics/menus/menus_assets/shotgun.cinematic' (usage 0x1)
    [ 3.653] MainThread : Error: Unable to open 'cinematics/menus/menus_assets/pistol.cinematic' (usage 0x1)
    [ 3.662] MainThread : Error: No shader specified for material 'maps/ns2_discovery/ns2/materials/discovery/discovery_floor_01.material'

And yeah it seems to be playing both music files, ns_titlescreen and the ns2 one

No weapons:
    1IHY37x.jpg

For this mod to work you need to set the MENU BACKGROUND and the MENU MUSIC to NS1
    xnAfx4l.jpg
  • ChrisStarkChrisStark Germany Join Date: 2016-02-11 Member: 212895Members, NS2 Playtester
    edited March 2016
    @Loki
    When I made a screenshot in fullscreen it only had the desktop... Had to window it with ALT+Return

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hoxmy1vgpny1nd8/ns2error.jpg?dl=0

Edit: I also tried to make a consistency check with Steam. Didn't help either.
  • LokiLoki Join Date: 2012-07-07 Member: 153973Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    well ive just published a fix that I hope will fix the gun issue ? as for those errors @chrisstark ive no idea what is causing this, This is the only mod ive got active on my client. (I dont use any other mods other than map stuff) so I am not sure if its conflicting with some other menu mod ?
    ok the gun issue has been fixed according to @Kouji_San :D !
    @BeigeAlert helped me with this error and he found a fix:
    go to your steam install directory, and find steam/userdata/######/4920/remote/options
    open that up in notepad
    search for a section called <menu>
    inside there should be a line that says <menuBackground>14</menuBackground> If not, go ahead and add that, and set it to 2 or 3 or something
    This did the trick.
    If you change it to 13 it will be the random setting which was my default.
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    Ns2c official integration reveal @xDragon
    Frozen wrote: »
    Ns2c official integration reveal @xDragon

What do you mean? And where you got that from?
  • ZavaroZavaro Tucson, Arizona Join Date: 2005-02-14 Member: 41174Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    A word of warning: if you unsubscribe to the mod after selecting it in the menu, your game could fail loading. This is a game bug that hopefully can be fixed soon.
    Zavaro wrote: »
    A word of warning: if you unsubscribe to the mod after selecting it in the menu, your game could fail loading. This is a game bug that hopefully can be fixed soon.

I would be happy to get rid of mods that are no longer on the workshop, so there's that :D