No more NS2+??

1235»

Comments

• DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Technicly id argue its only hughs job to answer questions. Its the rests job to code.
    How many other companies are even offering a thing like discord with the option of getting direct talk. Nowhere should it ever be nonstop on player demand. Thats just madness.
  • simbasimba Join Date: 2012-05-06 Member: 151628Members
    Technicly id argue its only hughs job to answer questions. Its the rests job to code.
    How many other companies are even offering a thing like discord with the option of getting direct talk. Nowhere should it ever be nonstop on player demand. Thats just madness.

It doesn't matter who's job it is, it needs to actually happen.

Any by "happen" I mean in an actually meaningful and constructive way. One that produces net positive results for all parties involved.
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    tuxator wrote: »
    Nordic wrote: »
    @tuxator, I understand your frustration but as an experienced player it is far from the truth. Mechs and flamethrowers are considered some of the weakest and least used marine technology. They are extremely easy to counter.

I know that. But as a rookie, I'm not getting it. And I've been following this game for some time (mainly because my system always had some issue with the game, as of now the most serious once got fixed).

Anyway, wrong topic for that.

:) flame throwers die to a skulk, mechs can't use phase. grenades don't have much survivability.

unless you have JPs, flame throwers may go through a couple skulks if they're really good and are medded, but honestly don't have the DPS to take down a skulk before getting bit a couple times. If the aliens know where an exo is, then they also know where it's not.
    Grenades, 4 shots that can take a lerk by luck, but keep throwing skulks at them and they won't survive.

JP+shotgun is the end game tech for marines. Everything else is situational because of terrible dps and survivability.
  • AeglosAeglos Join Date: 2010-04-06 Member: 71189Members

You're kidding right? Hugh should be the last person on the team to communicate with, considering past disasters and lingering mistrust and resentment.
  • dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    Some asked me why im so pissed of about some comments and they told to me to shut up cause i dont understand what happen at the moment.
    Well thats why:

The comp scene using mods since ages. These mods are extending/fixing different parts of the game and balancing NS2 to meet the needs of the compscene.
    I never heard any complains about this fact during my active comp time. (over 3 years)
    But in that moment xDragon removed his work for whatever reason, the NS2-advocats popping out of nowhere and everyone is telling us another version why this all happen.

This all reminds me a bit about the paid mod drama one year ago.
    While the implementation was bad (only 25% of the money goes to the modder) the idea behind it was right.
    But a whole community was bitching around the fact that they have to pay for there favorite mods and didnt care about the fact that modding is a huge time investment.
    http://steamed.kotaku.com/some-people-are-pissed-that-skyrims-paid-mods-are-gone-1700837400

Best comment i read yesterday was:
    "Guys this is the same guy that shut down the best EU pub server because it was "never full"
    This tells much about the mindset of these NS2-Advocats.
    Cause the simple truth is:
    "Guys this is the same guy who hosted the best EU pub server over 3,5 years, mostly payed by himself (around 3000€ all in all), invested countless time to test changes of sewlek, shine and other mods during that time, and in the end he came to the point where he had to answer one simple question to himself - Does this all still worth it? The simple answer was No.
    Maybe xDragon came to the same point and had to answer the same question? Who knows.

All i hear is right now "I dont have feature x anymore, y is missing, why is z not in the game?"
    Why do you complaining about this now and not for example 6 month go?
    But aslong you dont have to invest any time beside playing or investing extra money for hosting, complaining can be so easy right?
    And while im the one now who killed the best pub server, maybe xDragon is known in 1 year as the one who killed the comp scene. Well, no. Im sure this will never happen.
  • WobWob Join Date: 2005-04-08 Member: 47814Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    dePARA wrote: »
    Best comment i read yesterday was:
    "Guys this is the same guy that shut down the best EU pub server because it was "never full"
    This tells much about the mindset of these NS2-Advocats.
    Cause the simple truth is:
    "Guys this is the same guy who hosted the best EU pub server over 3,5 years, mostly payed by himself (around 3000€ all in all), invested countless time to test changes of sewlek, shine and other mods during that time, and in the end he came to the point where he had to answer one simple question to himself - Does this all still worth it? The simple answer was No.
    Maybe xDragon came to the same point and had to answer the same question? Who knows.

I regret that comment so much now because I should have known that you would completely miss the point as you've proven time and time again.

I started explaining myself in this post, but then figured it was a waste of time. You've found this unique position of intentionally missing the point, and yet not quite trolling.
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Wob, plz. He's been in that unique position for years. Someone should give him an award.
  • dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    I heard NS2 need an community manager, maybe i should apply for this job.
  • WobWob Join Date: 2005-04-08 Member: 47814Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    You'd certainly fit in ;)
  • ScatterScatter Join Date: 2012-09-02 Member: 157341Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited March 2016
    dePara
    is better
    suited to being a farm animal I'd rather not say
    On the ns2 steam forum.

Too much consumption of asparagus and burgers of the farm animal variety to have any useful comments.

Fixed some grammatical mistakes. Oh and refrain from the namecalling -Iron