Base Oxygen idea

LordSableLordSable Australia Join Date: 2015-03-14 Member: 202096Members
Firstly, sorry if this seems really obvious and has been covered already, but with the introduction of the farming update and the idea that moving forward bases will require oxygen generators, I thought of a new base component which merges the two ideas together in an oxygen capture unit with a large farm plot beneath which purple brain coral can be grown in, basically allowing the base to capture the oxygen released...

Comments

• SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    That would be neat. I'm sure there will be air machines of some type - perhaps a brain coral sample would be involved in its construction?
  • AEryon_CloudDancerAEryon_CloudDancer USA Join Date: 2016-02-28 Member: 213609Members
    This would seem to be highly logical.. the brain corals are natural CO2 Scrubbers.. Just from the Log/Data files on them... The concept of building a glass cylinder with a Brain coral at the bottom and feed the base air filtration system through it to clear out the CO2 and get fresh O2 back... simple and efficient
  • mndfreezemndfreeze Grand Tempe Reef Join Date: 2016-02-26 Member: 213456Members
    I like it! It seems a logical addition to the normal plants generating o2.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    LordSable wrote: »
    Firstly, sorry if this seems really obvious and has been covered already, but with the introduction of the farming update and the idea that moving forward bases will require oxygen generators, I thought of a new base component which merges the two ideas together in an oxygen capture unit with a large farm plot beneath which purple brain coral can be grown in, basically allowing the base to capture the oxygen released...

This month's foreseen big update (currently unnamed still somehow) already features this concept of limited O2 in bases/seamoth and ways to supply oxygen to the base using plants/pipes. im not sure how exactly it will end up working but you can witness for youself all of what they chose to share with us on this subject right Here