Eggs in Farming update

rhys_elcinsrhys_elcins UK Join Date: 2016-01-26 Member: 212148Members
Hey guys, I've converted my old save from the update before H2O, and I'm trying to find stalker eggs, so I can hatch a stalker inside a large aquarium, dump a piece of scrap in there and harvest ALL OF THE TEETH!
problem is, I can't find any stalker eggs, the wiki suggests they should be in the kelp forests, but I'm not seeing them ..... out of the fish that I'm breeding for repopulation purposes..... only the spadefish are producing eggs........... Have stalker eggs even made it into farming?

Comments

• RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    edited February 2016
    Stalker eggs are easy to spot surprisingly, they were when I was able to play.
    latest?cb=20150922205843

Just keep your eyes peeled for a glowing greenish looking egg in the kelp biome.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    Hey guys, I've converted my old save from the update before H2O, and I'm trying to find stalker eggs, so I can hatch a stalker inside a large aquarium, dump a piece of scrap in there and harvest ALL OF THE TEETH!
    problem is, I can't find any stalker eggs, the wiki suggests they should be in the kelp forests, but I'm not seeing them ..... out of the fish that I'm breeding for repopulation purposes..... only the spadefish are producing eggs........... Have stalker eggs even made it into farming?

your savegame is pretty old, i would strongly suggest that you create a brand new game in order to beneficiate fully of all the new stuff thats been added since you last played
  • Kyman201Kyman201 Washington State Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211880Members
    latest?cb=20150922205843

Just keep your eyes peeled for a glowing greenish looking egg in the kelp biome.

Check near the base of the Creepvine plants. Stalkers may lay them in the holdfasts to keep them secure.
  • rhys_elcinsrhys_elcins UK Join Date: 2016-01-26 Member: 212148Members
    edited February 2016
    Rainstorm wrote: »
    your savegame is pretty old, i would strongly suggest that you create a brand new game in order to beneficiate fully of all the new stuff thats been added since you last played
    but my solar powered cyclops! :( maybe when we can have multiple saves I might make a new one.... but until the dive reel, in particular is fixed..... there aren't enough bits of copper for all the mushrooms I'd have used!
    Kyman201 wrote: »
    [pic of stalker egg removed for loading's sake]
    Check near the base of the Creepvine plants. Stalkers may lay them in the holdfasts to keep them secure.
    thanks!

EDIT: so on a new freedom game they're right there, found 3 in about 50 seconds underwater, half of which was spend swimming to the kelp forest..... it might be my old save-game.....
  • FrraksurredFrraksurred USA Join Date: 2015-04-04 Member: 202960Members
    I've found about 4 eggs so far, 2 different types. Put them in my large aquarium with some plant life and fish... but they don't seem to be hatching. Am I being impatient or doing something wrong?
  • blurbrerrrblurbrerrr Join Date: 2015-10-03 Member: 208281Members
    edited February 2016
    they take a few days to hatch
  • rhys_elcinsrhys_elcins UK Join Date: 2016-01-26 Member: 212148Members
    eggs take a while to hatch, dw just go forget about them for a few hours of gameplay, and you'll come back and they'll be hatched
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    If only all predators would have some resource to harvest like the stalker's teeth. I know that later you can use the transfuser on them, but an additional resource would be an improvement. Like shockers having some energetic liquid, the bonesharks some hardened plates, the crabsnakes some acid, ...

Some question: Do they grow that big after hatching that you can't grab the creatures anymore and start to get aggresive like the real world adult predators?

Then some day the aquariums would need a release port to flood out the adult unpickable predators.

And then, I know the roadmap talks about eggs from leviathans like the Sea Emperor. What kind of aquarium could hold a baby version of such creatures? Do we get a floodable giant glas dome?

Finally, I wish I could create a mini biome reflecting each original biome inside an aquarium. Some biomes work with the aquarium, like the blood kelp or kelp forest, but can I create a mini mush tree or a koosh plant?
  • okapiroseokapirose Join Date: 2016-01-14 Member: 211395Members
    zetachron wrote: »
    If only all predators would have some resource to harvest like the stalker's teeth. I know that later you can use the transfuser on them, but an additional resource would be an improvement. Like shockers having some energetic liquid, the bonesharks some hardened plates, the crabsnakes some acid, ...

Some question: Do they grow that big after hatching that you can't grab the creatures anymore and start to get aggresive like the real world adult predators?

Then some day the aquariums would need a release port to flood out the adult unpickable predators.

And then, I know the roadmap talks about eggs from leviathans like the Sea Emperor. What kind of aquarium could hold a baby version of such creatures? Do we get a floodable giant glas dome?

Finally, I wish I could create a mini biome reflecting each original biome inside an aquarium. Some biomes work with the aquarium, like the blood kelp or kelp forest, but can I create a mini mush tree or a koosh plant?

Yea if there's a major flaw/annoyance in the game its that Stalkers are the only ones that you gain anything from.
    They should do some of the things you suggested without killing the creatures. (Bonesharks dropping scales/plates, Shockers leaving behind gobs of electric goo like the blood oil, etc)

And yes, once you take them out of the aquarium and release them in the wild, you can't pick them up anymore, the aggressive ones become aggressive and hang around your base if you're dumb like I was and just stepped outside the hatch to do so lol Had to kill the Stalker I set free because it'd attack me whenever I came out.

A GIANT aquarium would be cool, not only to house a baby Sea Emperor but like, you can have a bunch of Airsacks or Spadefish breed and fill it and then open up a hatch and let them back into the wild to repopulate areas. Conservation domes?
  • CoranthCoranth Join Date: 2015-06-02 Member: 205160Members
    edited February 2016
    A GIANT aquarium would be cool, not only to house a baby Sea Emperor but like, you can have a bunch of Airsacks or Spadefish breed and fill it and then open up a hatch and let them back into the wild to repopulate areas. Conservation domes?

This would be awesome. In order to make a GIANT Aquarium, before you could even make it you'd need two sections of corridor so you could then make a 'room' sealed by two bulkheads, airlock style; the first leads back out into your base whilst the second leads into the roomquarium.

Wow...

Also, some things I'd love to see implemented...

1. If you want to hatch and 'raise' a creature from an egg (i.e. stalker, sandshark) you MUST outfit a large aquarium as that creature's biome by getting samples of local flora (i.e. bloodgrass for the sandshark, plant creepvines and place metal or fish for the stalker.)

2. If you don't do this, then the creature might die, or its egg just won't hatch.

3. If you put eggs of creatures in your aquarium together and those creatures are enemies of each other then they WILL fight and might kill each other off.

4. A grand berth or dock for the Cyclops.

5. The ability to break down things into raw materials--such as the abandoned bases or even your Lifepod--once you've finished scavving them for tech.

6. More science/research related stuff. (I notice there's waveforms for some of the creatures you scan on the PDA; would love to be able to interact with those and 'play' them, etc or have the PDA Data Bank be a fully realized interactive thing rather then just still images.)

7. The grow boxes; if you place certain plants with each other they might not grow, or one plant might 'strangle' another, etc.

???. Could Subnautica actually be used as an educational tool in schools and such if/when all systems are correctly implemented?

Amazing stuff!
  • destroyah87destroyah87 Join Date: 2015-08-08 Member: 206913Members
    edited February 2016
    maybe when we can have multiple saves I might make a new one.... but until the dive reel, in particular is fixed.....

Uhm, I might be mistaken but I'm pretty sure that you can have multiple saves.

If you make a new game, the old one is still around. Now, the Save button only overwrites the last save for that world, but I'm pretty sure you can have more than one game running. No way to name the saves differently though, so the only methods of differentiating between worlds (on the load game screen) is the Last Save timestamp, whether a Seamoth and/or Cyclops has been constructed in that world, and the total playtime of that world-save.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    I think the saves also say what game mode you're in, don't they?

At any rate, destroyah is correct - you can have multiple saves. Just not multiple saves of the same game.