Suggestion: Resource Origins - Only, and Only a new Plant as a source of Silicon

PeterManizePeterManize Pandolite Join Date: 2015-12-28 Member: 210458Members
edited February 2016 in Ideas and Suggestions
I have been playing this new update Feb.2016 for a while, and i got a say.

It actually brighten me up when i found out that there is so much stuff to do now. More blueprints to get, recipes to be made, and the best part get eggs and grow them in a tank [still haven't done that] yet!!.

I was actually relief when i found out that i didn't need to get all the quartz for the silicon! Lol that would be crazy!
The change was amazing, i like it. Since basically it puts the player in a situation where he needs to explore and get out of his "safezone", funny thing is that it isn't that far from the spawn point.
And besides that "exploration" it puts the player in direct danger with the local fauna [DO NOT GO THERE DURING THE NIGHT XD].
That change it simply made the game much more engaging interesting and challenging, and i love it.

But now lets talk about the silicon source.
I don't have any objections really, the source is good and reliable in early days in game. In-game it is understandable as well.
Guess i felt sad, since the source of the silicon was just moved along to a already known plant.

In my perspective i always felt that the player should get the raw form of the silicon from a plant, not from the current plant, Kelp, but from a new more alien like plant.
I wouldn't change anything else really, the location where is currently, the raw source size, the requirements, nothing like that needs to be changed.

My biggest hope is only a new plant as a Silicon source.
Leave suggestions or fan-arts about how the plant should look like, really.

In my mind.
I see a plant, with a big bulb that would be on the floor and it was a primary form of getting the sillicon [by cutting the bulb and receiving in the inventory the raw form of the silicon], and on top a tree look-like with small kelps growing from them as leaves, and on the extremities of the branches it had middle light bulbs. These light bulbs are Yellow-Greenish colors during the day and are harmless, but would turn into purple-blueish color during the night where they would get poisonous, dealing damage if touched.
These light bulbs could be another source for another resource in game, and these would be the very first resource that was influenced by the night-day cycle.

Ending that concept of swimming and touching/harvesting everything that you can get without paying attention to the environment and surroundings.

Comments

• PeterManizePeterManize Pandolite Join Date: 2015-12-28 Member: 210458Members
    edited February 2016
    This is another topic.
    Is there an option in this forum to delete posts or comments in my end?
    Reasons:

I don't know if there is one.
    By mistake i posted this on Natural selection 2 forums but i think i managed to moved it to subnautica forums
    this is a edited comment since i didn't know how to delete or remove it.
    Sorry for the bother! Lol!