Crafting Pool

2»

Comments

• Seamothwizard44Seamothwizard44 Join Date: 2015-09-17 Member: 207995Members
    Minigames of a cyclops going past obstacles
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    Here's an idea. What if we build the small lockers into the wall instead of attaching to the wall. This would allow the crafting pool to be more like subnautica. I'm not sure if I'm explaining this idea properly. I got the idea from the Cyclops lockers and my concept of a Cyclops dock
  • Roughneck45Roughneck45 NJ Join Date: 2016-01-27 Member: 212194Members
    Yes, great idea. Sounds like amazing endgame content for establishing the ultimate seabase.
  • Kyman201Kyman201 Washington State Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211880Members
    Echoing the agreement that I would love to have a dedicated crafting material pool rather than running between all the lockers.
  • LuitjensLuitjens Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73034Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited January 2016
    This sounds like it could go in agreement with the cyclops docking module update, and if it ever includes the transfer of items between such objects, this would be the code to make this a feature. Which is sweet. It also would be nice to have a 'computer module' which you can put on the wall that outputs, base stats, inventory usage, etc.. all goodies. Think space engineers, has a handle on this very well
  • The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    I absolutely love this idea. I, for one, am getting rather tired of having to go hunting for materials. Even in the tiny space of the behind-the-bridge room of the Cyclops, it's infuriating having to keep moving around and finding materials to build with.

I hope you don't mind, I partially used this as a springboard point for some ideas I have for automation.
  • Seamothwizard44Seamothwizard44 Join Date: 2015-09-17 Member: 207995Members
    Here's an idea. What if we build the small lockers into the wall instead of attaching to the wall. This would allow the crafting pool to be more like subnautica. I'm not sure if I'm explaining this idea properly. I got the idea from the Cyclops lockers and my concept of a Cyclops dock

Good idea; it seems a lot more subnautica-esque now.
  • Madgamer13Madgamer13 United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-02-25 Member: 213445Members
    An automated conveyor system is definitely needed for base operations.
  • Dracon1023Dracon1023 Join Date: 2016-02-07 Member: 212724Members
    Definitely a great idea, especially when they put crafting multiple items at once in. I do believe crafting multiple items is already in the works.
  • FrraksurredFrraksurred USA Join Date: 2015-04-04 Member: 202960Members
    Personally I'd like to see this idea merged with some of the other ideas floating around these forums (see what I did there? B) ). Like a base AI, an Engineering room with large robotic arms and one or more craft-able related consoles, a Control Room Mainframe where all Scanned info, Analyzer, Sonar, etc is pooled for the base AI to distribute to the appropriate consoles. All storage tied to the Mainframe would be accessible at crafting workbenches via the AI. The Engineering room would help provide this function at our "main base", where as the current Fabricator and workbench would be for more mobile applications; designed for smaller outposts, the Cyclops and the like.
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    Personally I'd like to see this idea merged with some of the other ideas floating around these forums (see what I did there? B) ). Like a base AI, an Engineering room with large robotic arms and one or more craft-able related consoles, a Control Room Mainframe where all Scanned info, Analyzer, Sonar, etc is pooled for the base AI to distribute to the appropriate consoles. All storage tied to the Mainframe would be accessible at crafting workbenches via the AI. The Engineering room would help provide this function at our "main base", where as the current Fabricator and workbench would be for more mobile applications; designed for smaller outposts, the Cyclops and the like.

Yes, these ideas are good seperate, but together they seem amazing
  • Phoenix223Phoenix223 Chicago Join Date: 2016-02-18 Member: 213174Members
    edited March 2016
    I think this is a great idea; efficient and time saving. But instead of pulling materials from lockers, what if they added silos for holding raw materials? These silos would hold more raw materials (up to 100 units plus capacity upgrades) than storing them in lockers, allowing more room in lockers for equipment, food and other spoils.

They could also hold ANY item, minus equipment, tools, cooked/cured fish, and otherwise "final tier" items. However, as a trade-off, silos can only hold one type of material or item at any given time (one silo for titanium, one for copper, one for silver, etc.).

Installed in the wall of any room (just like a window or Water Filtration Module), materials would be drawn directly from these silos to a Fabricator/Mod Table anywhere in the base. Materials can also be manually withdrawn from the silos by the player. Each component would have three or four silos.
  • ComicalSkateComicalSkate Canada, ON Join Date: 2015-05-28 Member: 204993Members
    I need this in my life!
  • NecrorubiNecrorubi Germany Join Date: 2016-04-01 Member: 215152Members
    Awesome. I think for the beginning it would suffice just having a wall element (like window or reinforcement panels) as a fabricator with connected storage.
  • Darwin-EvolutionDarwin-Evolution France Join Date: 2015-06-07 Member: 205310Members
  • AegilAegil Perth, Australia Join Date: 2016-03-26 Member: 214833Members
    Phoenix223 wrote: »
    I think this is a great idea; efficient and time saving. But instead of pulling materials from lockers, what if they added silos for holding raw materials? These silos would hold more raw materials (up to 100 units plus capacity upgrades) than storing them in lockers, allowing more room in lockers for equipment, food and other spoils.

They could also hold ANY item, minus equipment, tools, cooked/cured fish, and otherwise "final tier" items. However, as a trade-off, silos can only hold one type of material or item at any given time (one silo for titanium, one for copper, one for silver, etc.).

Installed in the wall of any room (just like a window or Water Filtration Module), materials would be drawn directly from these silos to a Fabricator/Mod Table anywhere in the base. Materials can also be manually withdrawn from the silos by the player. Each component would have three or four silos.

I like this. I like this alot, especially if it could function in a similar manner to the large aquarium, where if you build a silo in the same facing on the next floor up or down, it adds to the capacity of the silo. (Maybe a formula of 100 units base + 120 units per connected silo?)
  • BuuunBuuun My lonely base underwater on a unknown planet... Join Date: 2016-04-03 Member: 215272Members