Glass-domed rooms? Oh PLEASE YES!

Phoenix223Phoenix223 Chicago Join Date: 2016-02-18 Member: 213174Members
I've seen the concept art for the Multipurpose Room on Wikia; one was depicted with a glass domed roof or floor, and it really looks awesome. Not only would glass domes open out a confined space, but it would cap off the rooms nicely. Plus, it would turn a room filled with planters into a lovely arboretum.

Are you planning to implement the glass domes for the Rooms? Oh... please say "yes"

Comments

• MrappbrainMrappbrain United States Join Date: 2016-02-14 Member: 213008Members
    Seemsgood. The corridors have glass variants, no reason the room shouldn't either.
  • Seamothwizard44Seamothwizard44 Join Date: 2015-09-17 Member: 207995Members
    Yes, i would love to see this implemented into the game; as it would make nice scenery for a bedroom or a (Somewhat) 'caged' Observatory (Bigger fish closed off from escaping)
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    Yes, glass rooms would be awesome.
  • AshkaelAshkael USA Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213106Members
    I would love to get this and/or the option to attach vertical connectors or hatches to the ceilings as well!
  • TIEbomber1967TIEbomber1967 California Join Date: 2015-09-23 Member: 208109Members
    I like the idea of the glass ceiling.
    Perhaps the devs can make it so that the plants you're growing inside grow MUCH more slowly without a glass ceiling installed?
  • TenebrousNovaTenebrousNova England Join Date: 2015-12-23 Member: 210206Members
    I like the idea of the glass ceiling.
    Perhaps the devs can make it so that the plants you're growing inside grow MUCH more slowly without a glass ceiling installed?

Agreed, maybe the plants need a specific spectrum of light to grow healthily that a glass ceiling allows through.
  • Sabier3Sabier3 Dunedin Join Date: 2016-01-29 Member: 212265Members
    Roofs on multipurpose rooms have a lot of wasted potential in them. I always assumed this was one of those "we haven't gotten to it yet" things in the development process, because it seems so silly that we can't build a window or a hatch or a ladder or a vertical connector or really anything at all on the roofs (except for another room...), while we can do it pretty much everywhere else. Disappointing, but I have hope that the devs will change it at some point.
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    well... the dev's I hope do listen to player feedback right?
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    They acknowledge feedback, but if they commented and replied to every comment then the game would never progress
    They acknowledge feedback, but if they commented and replied to every comment then the game would never progress

of course, I know that lol but sometimes people will wonder that exact question
  • rhys_elcinsrhys_elcins UK Join Date: 2016-01-26 Member: 212148Members
    it should ofc be weaker than a standard room, as well as costing more glass, but still hell yeah!
    Like, 3 titanium and 3 enamaled glass
    (Stalker teeth here we come!)
  • TIEbomber1967TIEbomber1967 California Join Date: 2015-09-23 Member: 208109Members

So, in that vein, has any one brought a piece of wreckage into their large aquarium where they keep their hatched stalkers?
  • LeakingAmpsLeakingAmps Join Date: 2016-02-03 Member: 212527Members
    edited February 2016
    I'd love this, even if it's like -5 hp and 5 or more enameled glass. It'd just look so great. I'll farm those stalkers all day (and my base already has over 300 spare hp...).

So, in that vein, has any one brought a piece of wreckage into their large aquarium where they keep their hatched stalkers?

You can hatch stalkers in aquariums? Is this real life? :D
    Can someone explain how to do this? I've looked some stuff up, but I'm drawing blanks on how to find eggs in the current version.

Another question for stalker aquariums: does feeding them peepers make them generate scrap?
    :D Epic idea but a bit OTT
    But seriously where are we going to find fragments?
    well... the dev's I hope do listen to player feedback right?
    They don't often but if posts get enough views the devs start looking

• SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    But seriously where are we going to find fragments?

I believe we will be finding our tech in wrecks now. Or at least that's where we're headed - not sure if that's fully implemented with the farming update. Personally I think that's great, because it makes a lot more sense than finding those pristine little locker things all over the place, plus it gives us cause to explore a bunch of creepy wrecks.

On a related note, I found the blood kelp wreck for the first time, and went in to have a look. I got disoriented pretty quickly, and since I was playing on hardcore and didn't want to drown, I went and built a dive reel, so I could find my way out... only to discover that the reel didn't work right - the line was just clipping right through the walls, rather than following my path through the wreck, so I couldn't use it to navigate. Very disappointed by this. With wrecks becoming so much more important, and being inherently easy to get lost in, I think this is an issue that should be addressed quickly.
  • Hyp3rionHyp3rion Australia Join Date: 2015-03-21 Member: 202396Members
    Sidchicken wrote: »
    ...only to discover that the reel didn't work right - the line was just clipping right through the walls, rather than following my path through the wreck, so I couldn't use it to navigate. Very disappointed by this. With wrecks becoming so much more important, and being inherently easy to get lost in, I think this is an issue that should be addressed quickly.

I agree, have you logged this as a bug report?

- Hyp3rion

Hyp3rion wrote: »
    ...only to discover that the reel didn't work right - the line was just clipping right through the walls, rather than following my path through the wreck, so I couldn't use it to navigate. Very disappointed by this. With wrecks becoming so much more important, and being inherently easy to get lost in, I think this is an issue that should be addressed quickly.

- Hyp3rion

it's a known bug that's low on the priority list.
  • sabin77sabin77 edmonton Join Date: 2015-08-12 Member: 207081Members
  • Hyp3rionHyp3rion Australia Join Date: 2015-03-21 Member: 202396Members

- Hyp3rion

Fair enough :)

- Hyp3rion

Well, at least they know. Shame it'll be a while before it's fixed - that'd be a damn useful tool if it worked right.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    TBH I assumed it would be in. When we first got observatories (or are they observation rooms, you know the spheres), I tried to put them on top the big rooms.
    They even snap into place. Ofc it didnt work and build. And it took me a good while swimming around trying different angles to realise it sadly was intended behavior.
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    Well, at least they know. Shame it'll be a while before it's fixed - that'd be a damn useful tool if it worked right.

I always figured you'd be able to attach the reel to your base, sub, or the rock or entrance to wrecks, then the reel would automatically pull you out when you tell it to do so
    So far, at least, it does not have an automatic real-in feature. I'd have been happy just to be able to follow it out, but alas, it's no good for that either.