Shude mod support be #1 priority

j1r2000j1r2000 canada Join Date: 2015-09-08 Member: 207813Members
edited January 2016 in Ideas and Suggestions
so the developers can work on multi-player well modder make more content

Comments

• 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    You seem to be very confused as to how this works.

Modders will not be able to just magically create multiplayer functionality in a game not designed for it.

That said, Mod support should be the last thing they implement before release, after everything else is done.
    They implement it now, then the Devs become complacent, and the general response to suggestions or bugs becomes "Oh let the modders fix it"
  • j1r2000j1r2000 canada Join Date: 2015-09-08 Member: 207813Members

Modders will not be able to just magically create multiplayer functionality in a game not designed for it.

That said, Mod support should be the last thing they implement before release, after everything else is done.
    They implement it now, then the Devs become complacent, and the general response to suggestions or bugs becomes "Oh let the modders fix it"

that's not what i was saying modders could keep with new content well they (the developers) work on adding multiplayer
  • LordDerpLordDerp Netherlands Join Date: 2015-09-10 Member: 207871Members
    Again, that's not how it works (except for Bethesda games, but alas)
  • SpacedInvaderSpacedInvader Join Date: 2016-01-08 Member: 211083Members

I disagree with both parts of this response after my experience with Kerbal Space Program. That game has been modable from the start and it hasn't slowed down development at all, in fact, many of the modders have been brought onto the dev team to tap into their abilities. On top of that, it is the modders who've managed to cobble together a form of multiplayer that the devs don't really have an intention of working on as of yet.

That all said, while I feel that mod support (if included at all) needs to be integral to every part of the game to ensure maximum moddability, at this point it shouldn't be activated until the Devs have completed all of the content they want to include in the game so that they retail control over their product rather than modders dragging it in a different direction. I do hope we get an easily moddable game, though I've seen nothing to indicate that they will be doing this.
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    I want to see modding be added early, but as an experimental feature to refine it. If it is released (for the first time) after everything else is done, it will be incomplete and buggy.

P.S. I also agree modding support has nothing to do with multiplayer. In fact, due to what UWE said about having to rip the game apart to implement multiplayer, it would probably have the opposite effect, in that it would break so often while they are implementing multiplayer, it wouldn't be worth having.
  • 07Kennya07Kennya England Join Date: 2016-01-12 Member: 211293Members
    it'd be cool to have a warframe esque system where modders make content and devs approve it before it hits the workshop for optional inclusion in your game (yes I know warframe paywalls all that content but that's not what i mean)
  • 07Kennya07Kennya England Join Date: 2016-01-12 Member: 211293Members
    also lot of people complaining about the OP he isn't saying modders make the multiplayer he's saying the devs do multiplayer and the modders do development of the game like new content, I disagree with that but still people it's written very clearly.
  • SPIRIN1224SPIRIN1224 Moon Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203469Members
    WHAT IS GOING IN!!!!
  • j1r2000j1r2000 canada Join Date: 2015-09-08 Member: 207813Members
    07Kennya wrote: »
    also lot of people complaining about the OP he isn't saying modders make the multiplayer he's saying the devs do multiplayer and the modders do development of the game like new content, I disagree with that but still people it's written very clearly.

finally someone gets it
  • AshkaelAshkael USA Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213106Members
    Eh, no. As much as I think co-op would be neat, I think the developers should be focused on, you know, FINISHING the game first. Modders are not the end-all solution to content development, and handing a game over to the community and saying "Here, you do it" is just a recipe for disaster. While I'm sure there could be some standout mods, the vast majority will be nowhere near the level of quality as what could be produced by the games real devs.

Suppose I should have voted for "screw multiplayer" then, but I'd still enjoy seeing mod support. It's not exactly a quick or easy thing to code into a game though.