what do you want to sea at extremely deep waters (see what i do there with sea and see;D)

2»

Comments

• subnauticambriansubnauticambrian U.S. Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211679Members
    Myrm wrote: »
    I don't think you'll see massive creatures in these depths as the deeper you go the more scarce life seems to be, and life that is way down in those depths tends to be small, therefore there will never be a plentiful enough food source down there to sustain such huge creatures.

So, there are probably not many people reading this, seeing as (or SEAing as) it's at the bottom of the discussion. If you are reading this, good for you! I always like it when someone reads the bottom. ANYWAYS, there is actually a phenomenon called "deep-sea gigantism" or "abyssal gigantism," where animals at great depths will actually grow larger than their shallow-water relatives (the giant squid, for example). How freaky would it be to peer into the depths... and see a MASSIVE version of the stalker??
  • TheJewelOfJoolTheJewelOfJool Southwestern Ontario Join Date: 2016-01-11 Member: 211261Members
    I would say NOPE and swim away.
  • j1r2000j1r2000 canada Join Date: 2015-09-08 Member: 207813Members
  • AshkaelAshkael USA Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213106Members
    I would love to see a massive superorganism living in the deepest reaches. Something like trillions upon trillions of smaller creatures fused together to survive the extreme depths and temperatures. Think of the WAU from Soma, but entirely organic with no need to create zombies. The superorganism could survive off of geothermal heat and organic matter that falls into the deep biome. On Earth, the abyssal depths will often host hundreds of scavengers living off of the occasional whale carcass. As well, the abyss also has a permanent "snow" of organic debris floating down from the surface. I think an alien variation featuring reefback or reaper corpses being slowly dissolved by the vast, living terrain would be really cool.