You're just lucky you can fly through walls... (and other funny moments)

BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
Fades may be able to blink, but this marine is able to walk through walls!

Anyone else got any vids of funny bugs/lag?

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    David Copperfield?
  • Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
    that relatable moment when you're about to kill a marine but then he/she/it escapes threw a wall....
  • StarkStark Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186336Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    You should have followed him down the rabbit hole.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2016
    BeigeAlert wrote: »
    Anyone else got any vids of funny bugs/lag?
    I still think this is one of the more funny ones on my list of bugs :tongue:
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Stark wrote: »
    You should have followed him down the rabbit hole.

Oh how I tried!
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Was the marine better off falling into the event horizon? Or would he have preferred death by fade?
    Nordic wrote: »
    Was the marine better off falling into the event horizon? Or would he have preferred death by fade?

I dunno, last I heard, spaghettification is quite painful...
  • ZdrytchXZdrytchX Australia Join Date: 2016-02-06 Member: 212662Members
    Wait, NS2 supports hit sounds? Where do I place my hitsounds and what variables to I tweak?
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Zavaro wrote: »
    stuck spot
    anEPUoz.jpg

@Zavaro Uh... thanks?
    ZdrytchX wrote: »
    Wait, NS2 supports hit sounds? Where do I place my hitsounds and what variables to I tweak?

This is just ns2+.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Zavaro wrote: »
    stuck spot
    anEPUoz.jpg

Sshh! Nordic was never stuck. He was camping.
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    edited February 2016

This is just ns2+.

Hitsounds were merged into vanilla quite a while ago, it was one of the earliest CDT tasks, so that's summer 2014 or so. NS2+ gives a few options to choose from.

First of all, in the sound tab you can set the volume for hitsounds. It's set to 0 by default.

If you play in a server with NS2+ (most of the servers are running it), in the NS2+ options, you can go to the sound tab and you have 3 options to choose from. You can also check the steam workshop and check for "hitsound" if you want more. If you use a custom one make sure you leave the NS2+ hitsounds option set to default.

To make your own you need FMOD studio (it's free), in the NS2 sound folder there's a hitsounds_client fmod project file, you can simply replace the sound file for your own and you're set.

Cheers.
    I meant the ones I was using were ns2+. The default vanilla sounds are different, I use the Quake3 variant supplied in NS2+.
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2016
    Oh the general finally made it:
  • CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Took me a while to find it, but I knew I had recorded it.

Calego wrote: »
    Took me a while to find it, but I knew I had recorded it.

Marines HATE him! Learn how one skulk managed to teleport across the room and still manage to get killed.
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Marines HATE him! Learn how one skulk managed to teleport across the room and still manage to get killed.
    Well it's not easy playing with 5-10 FPS and 200 ping. :p