question about new experimental updates

lunatictrentonlunatictrenton Join Date: 2016-01-22 Member: 211825Members
so I got up today to do some recording, and had everything planned out. was going to explore an island, build a cyclops, maybe a new base, but when I went to build the cyclops it wasn't there. I wasn't able to find a conclusive answer. Do I now have to find cyclops fragments to build the cyclops now? I also read that the new blueprints would not show up if I was in an old game. Is this true as well?

Comments

• RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    yeah you gotta find and scan parts of the cyclops now I believe... I can't be positive though since I've been unable to play the game for pretty much close to 2 weeks now with that unity bug for us Radeon card users
  • lunatictrentonlunatictrenton Join Date: 2016-01-22 Member: 211825Members
    that sucks. guess I will have to go hunting XD
  • JacaraJacara Washington Join Date: 2015-06-11 Member: 205391Members
    Yes, you need to scan Pressure part, hull, and engine I believe. Also you have to find solar panel fragments and just about everything else. Where they are found make no sense, Solar should be in the safe reef area instead of the Creepvine zones and so on. Its easier to get the seamoth fragments than the builder for them.
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    Jacara wrote: »
    Where they are found make no sense, Solar should be in the safe reef area instead of the Creepvine zones and so on. Its easier to get the seamoth fragments than the builder for them.

Why should they be found in safe shallows and not Creepvine?
  • blurbrerrrblurbrerrr Join Date: 2015-10-03 Member: 208281Members
    edited February 2016
    ive found some cyclops bridge parts on the opposite side of the map relative to where the aurora is, its pretty far out, also there are ALOT of reapers.
  • JacaraJacara Washington Join Date: 2015-06-11 Member: 205391Members
    Myrm wrote: »
    Jacara wrote: »
    Where they are found make no sense, Solar should be in the safe reef area instead of the Creepvine zones and so on. Its easier to get the seamoth fragments than the builder for them.

Why should they be found in safe shallows and not Creepvine?

It makes sense given that its part of the most basic base. Foundation, Tube, Hatch, Power. The Solar Panel fragments make the most sense being found in the shallows.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    If you're in the shallows still you can just use the lifepod, and it's not like the creepvine forest is a long haul from there.
  • GilgameshGilgamesh Join Date: 2016-02-19 Member: 213214Members
    All the cyclops pieces are very easy to find by just sticking close the Aurora and swimming around it. I know people get freaked because of the sharks and reapers but there are pirces EVERYWHERE. Especially on the other side of the Aurora. You'll also be able to see the flying fauna that have been added.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    Gilgamesh wrote: »
    All the cyclops pieces are very easy to find by just sticking close the Aurora and swimming around it. I know people get freaked because of the sharks and reapers but there are pirces EVERYWHERE. Especially on the other side of the Aurora. You'll also be able to see the flying fauna that have been added.

I need to grow some balls and go see all of that stuff there *gasp* lol